Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Spirits have anything for piercing illusion magic (e.g.,Obf., Chimer, Mind, etc.)?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Spirits have anything for piercing illusion magic (e.g.,Obf., Chimer, Mind, etc.)?

There's certainly no "Mind Shield" or "Illusion Pierce" charm; and I've never seen a system for it. Also, it feels more than a little reductive and heavy-handed to just say "compare level of power to Gnosis; the greater wins; if equal roll off Per+Subt v. Man+Subt". I suppose you could invent a Charm... but how would that work so that it's not garbage, or so OP that breaks any tension there might be in a "can I/can't I" analysis in trying to dupe the Spirit in question?

Has anyone confronted this problem at their table and made a house rule they like? I'm all ears/eyes!

Sig

I always just treated it as spirits being able to see through any such attempts unless it was a power whose description had specific fluff/rules for affecting them, or a magickal Effect that Included Spirit 2 or more to allow it to apply to non-corporeal beings.

Comment

Working...
    X