No announcement yet.

WoD Stuff to Watch While Home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd recommend the television show, Grimm, for something with a bit of a Changeling vibe. The episodes, especially the earliest ones, are all themed around folklore and dark fairy tales (as murders, investigated by the police), and involve a group of people who have hidden supernatural traits that form the basis of a complex society that exists entirely unperceived by ordinary humans.

Comment

From Amazon Prime, I watched Dark Was the Night, a 2014 film about ... something ... that gets stirred up when logging starts in a previously undeveloped forest. Said something begins to prowl about the nearby town. I think it's meant to be set in upstate New York, but it never really specifies. It's a slow burn film, more interested in atmosphere and suspense than in kills and gore. And in that sense it's really effective. At least up until about the last 10 or 15 minutes, when you actually start to see the creature instead of just having it hinted at. (I'll be honest, what I was picturing in my head was better than the CGI their budget could afford, and I think it would've benefitted greatly from going with almost all old school practical effects instead.) But still, it's very much worth a watch, especially if you're a Werewolf fan.

Meanwhile, dancing bats:

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

I should recommend Ancient Magnus bride a beautiful story about a Kinan and the Fae.
        Last edited by Konradleijon; 09-06-2020, 11:31 AM.

Comment

The Big Lebowski

It's just so... it just fits perfectly.

Last edited by MyWifeIsScary; 09-07-2020, 07:42 AM.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
          There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

The Fate anime/game/novel franchise is a good insperation for Mage I find.

Comment

session 9 is good if you want an earthbound that just likes tormenting anyone that comes near its resting place

Comment

Originally posted by Up-to-Eleven View Post
                The Fate anime/game/novel franchise is a good insperation for Mage I find.
                Euthanatoi: people die when they are killed!

Comment

Bliss (2019), vampires and the grimy underbelly of LA's alternative scene. Perfect Malkavian film!

Tumbbad (2018), Indian but far from your stereotypical Bollywood fare. Its themes and mythological connections make it great Ravnos inspiration.

We Are the Night (2010), the best vampire movie that nobody has seen. Stylish with many of V:tM's themes included.

Comment

Starry Eyes (2014), birth of an Enticer fomor in Hollywood. Alternative horror with a cool 80s style synth soundtrack. (It's on Amazon Prime I think.)

Comment

Devilman Crybaby is basicly a Time of Jusgement Scenario.
                      Bojack horseman takes place in a marauders head.
                      American Gods, it's basicly a show about Bygones who are close to getting erased from reality by the concensus. Also there's a technologicly advanced faction that want to kill the Tradition faction replete with representitives from around the globe.

Comment

Working...
                      X