Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will happen if Wan Gui and Yama Kings realize the truth of Hunter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will happen if Wan Gui and Yama Kings realize the truth of Hunter?

The truth I assume is, Hunters are the recreation of Wan Xian(Celestial Army), which is implies several times in canon

So how will Wan Gui and Yamas react to them?
    Last edited by Rock113; 05-15-2020, 02:49 AM.

Well, going with them being the Wan Xian...

•Wan Kuei/Wan Gui
    I imagine that while some of the more idealistic would be excited to work with them and while others would be wary or even nervous about what they would all do, I imagine the most broad response would be one of concern and the question 'what is so bad that they're being brought back,.

•Yama Kings
    -Different ones will have different plans but I imagine this largely breaks down into various methods of corruption, avoidance, or destruction while simultaneously keeping their important stuff out of the imbued's way

Comment

The Wan Gui I see reacting with secret shame and jealousy, and very obvious anger. Though later they may realize these beings are not the Immortals of old, just fragments of their power, they are gifted with tools to complete their task of judgement and reckoning but not the powers to lead mankind.

And I think some of the Yama Kings might be aware, very aware of the nature of the Imbued.

The problem is they didn't really detail the Imbued in Asia, and a few other places. The Imbued acted the same all around the World since they were imbued form Normies, and this means they would be strangers to the harmony of the Middle Kingdoms Shen, at least initially.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
        The problem is they didn't really detail the Imbued in Asia, and a few other places. The Imbued acted the same all around the World since they were imbued form Normies, and this means they would be strangers to the harmony of the Middle Kingdoms Shen, at least initially.
        Canon avoids imbueds of Asia on purpose, only several times mention it

That’s why I also think “Imbueds are the second coming of Wan Xian” is the canon truth, authorities imply and lead to this conclusion
        Last edited by Rock113; 05-15-2020, 12:53 PM.

Comment

It probably is going to vary just as their reactions to their own downfall vary. Which means they could see the Hunters as competitors, as threats, as allies and comrades, etc. Overall though they probably would be seen as another asset to use in preparation for the Sixth Age (although how that asset is regarded and used would be the source of the aforementioned variation.)

Presumably Yama Kings would have an attitude similar to the Fallen or Infernalists: Useful if you can corrupt them to your ends, a threat to be eliminated or avoided if you can't.

Comment

Huh.

I figured the Wu Tian were the new Wan Xian, being literal Immortals who come back from death, blessed by spiritual authorities under the August Personage of Heaven (I think...?) but also required to submit to judgment after each mission because nobody wants them to go completely down the toilet again.

But I can see the Hunters having a fragment of immortal power, without the immortality and other things that would have tempted them with corruption. Except that many of them are psychologically unbalanced or outright insane anyway, and the spiritual rulers who made them didn't manage to explain their duties or the cosmology to them.... OOPS.

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
            Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors

Comment

Originally posted by Erinys View Post
              Huh.

I figured the Wu Tian were the new Wan Xian, being literal Immortals who come back from death, blessed by spiritual authorities under the August Personage of Heaven (I think...?) but also required to submit to judgment after each mission because nobody wants them to go completely down the toilet again.

But I can see the Hunters having a fragment of immortal power, without the immortality and other things that would have tempted them with corruption. Except that many of them are psychologically unbalanced or outright insane anyway, and the spiritual rulers who made them didn't manage to explain their duties or the cosmology to them.... OOPS.
              I also felt this way. In fact it was really weird to me the minimal comparison of the Wan Xian with the Wu Tian.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                Though later they may realize these beings are not the Immortals of old, just fragments of their power, they are gifted with tools to complete their task of judgement and reckoning but not the powers to lead mankind.
                Iirc the duty of imbueds is to reduce the harm of End Times at most to ensure the coming of new Cycle of Age. But I suspect if they can complete this mission. If they regain their more original powers , for instance, free the use of Level 5 Edges and so on, it will be much easier

Comment

Unlocking their level 4/5 edges drives them insane. So, I really doubt there was ever any intent for them to regain their powers. Not to mention that their powers still mostly don't effect other humans.

Comment

Originally posted by angryicecream View Post
                    Unlocking their level 4/5 edges drives them insane. So, I really doubt there was ever any intent for them to regain their powers. Not to mention that their powers still mostly don't effect other humans.
                    I mean, remove all drawbacks of Level 4-5 Edges, including Derangements, Lock of Willpower, only one time a scene and so on, making them just like all other Level 5 supernatural powers. Level 5 edges did do amazing things, look at you, Crusader17

Comment

As I recall the imbued are basically a re-do of the 'primordial' Hunter-heroes without the previous mistakes, but they're also not really 'sanctioned' by the August Personage/God. They're something the Ministers (Ebon Dragon and Scarlet Queen) did on their own (This does beg the question of where the Dark Ages 'Shadow Inquisition' fits in, of course...)

The Wu Tian might be the August Personage/God's 'version' of the hero-remake, parallel to (but still separate) from the imbued. Of course there's also the Shih and the ending option where they get a powerboost and the Godslayer awakens, which is a third iteration.

We may have multiple players at work when it comes to these things.

Edit: Oh yeah and Imbued are a more 'universally' empowered faction wheras the Wan Xian, Wu Tian and even the Shih are (mostly) a more localized one (unless we adopt a more generic 'point of view/fractured cosmos' approach to it, in which case you could have each group being the same thing just occupying a different 'level')

There's also a possibility that the Wu Tian and Shih are only meant to save 'one' part of the world (and the rest of it can go to hell from the supernatural menaces plaguing it) whereas the Imbued are a broarder but weaker mitigation effort (They don't really stop anything from happening, they just minimize the pain and preserve as much as can be saved.)
                      Last edited by Mister_Dunpeal; 05-26-2020, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister_Dunpeal View Post
                        As I recall the imbued are basically a re-do of the 'primordial' Hunter-heroes without the previous mistakes, but they're also not really 'sanctioned' by the August Personage/God. They're something the Ministers (Ebon Dragon and Scarlet Queen) did on their own (This does beg the question of where the Dark Ages 'Shadow Inquisition' fits in, of course...)
                        That's why "Lost Creeds", Wayward and Hermit, exist. Because ministers themselves are flawed

Wan Xian are also created by Ebon Dragon and Scarlet Queen, but under the order of August Personage. That's the difference

Dark Age Inquisitor is just a spiritual prequel having similiar settings and doesn't have any real connection with HtR

Originally posted by Mister_Dunpeal View Post
                        They don't really stop anything from happening, they just minimize the pain and preserve as much as can be saved.

I wonder how really useful do they

They're pretty weak, if they have free access to Level 4-5 Edges as I said above, things may be much better and easier

TIPS: I'm writing a work, Hunters are returned to their true form, having really great powers just like Wan Xian. I'm consulting HtR, DtF and KotE. Welcome everyone who is glad to help me

Comment

Why not just play exwod at that point? If you're going to undermine the themes of hunter like that go big or go home

Comment

Originally posted by angryicecream View Post
                            Why not just play exwod at that point? If you're going to undermine the themes of hunter like that go big or go home
                            GO BIG

I think it can still be called "Reckoning"

Comment

Exalted: The Reckoning!

Comment

Working...
                              X