Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about WoD/CoD translation guides?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about WoD/CoD translation guides?

Is there any setting material in these guides (stuff like how are the Toreador from VtM and the Daeva from VtR related, how do they interact with each other) or is it all mechanics?

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

I don't know about the vampire one but the mage one had a lot of mechanics and guidelines on how to run crossover stories but nothing as detailed as how old views new.

You've been playing around the magic that is black
    But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

Comment

The Vampire one has some notes on differences in setting presentation (global vs local, tone, presence/absence of metaplot, unifying myth vs multiple myths) and various options for how a clan might be reinterpreted for the other setting, but nothing like what you're asking; basically, it's given to you to decide that sort of thing.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Thank you.

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

The Demon Translation Guide has a short chapter presenting several different setting frameworks in which to introduce the Fallen to a Descent game or the Unchained to a Fallen game in a coherent manner, including "Lucifer has built or become a God-Machine and the Unchained are his attempt at a better angelic host" and "the Fallen are demons risen from the nWoD's Inferno." It's about five pages or so with a few paragraphs to each framework presented.

The Vampire Translation Guide has like a paragraph for each clan or sect/covenant discussing ways it could be integrated into the opposing game's setting, which vary in detail. Some are just "this works well as a bloodline of that," while others pitch a particular concept (like "House Tremere could be a covenant of blood-bound thaumaturgists" and "Clan Mekhet might be an independent clan of spies and opportunists with a secret collective agenda to accelerate Gehenna and use their knowledge to rise to power in the chaos") but without going into details like specific alliances or rivalries.

Comment

Stupid Loserman that sounds great. Thanks 😊.

Comment

Working...
            X