X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aleph
    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Shakanaka View Post

Wait, steal artifacts? Didn't ol' Voorn actually absorb the very essence of the Yama King to stop death itself?
    Actually, he absorbed the very essence of the Yama King to steal the artifact that he then wanted to use in order to stop death. The artifact was in possesion of a spirit/thing that was leagues above Tou Mu in terms of power (that the archmage identified as the real Shiva), and refused to lend it to someone that wasn't a god - Voorn killed the Yama King to "wear" her as a way to convince Shiva that he was divine.

The moral of the story being: Vormass it's terrible guest
    Last edited by Aleph; 06-12-2020, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• Rock113
      • Aug 2018

Originally posted by Aleph View Post
      Actually, he absorbed the very essence of the Yama King to steal the artifact that he then wanted to use in order to stop death. The artifact was in possesion of a spirit/thing that was leagues above Tou Mu in terms of power (that the archmage identified as the real Shiva), and refused to lend it to someone that wasn't a god - Voorn killed the Yama King to "wear" her as a way to convince Shiva that he was divine.
      Alphari

Tou Mu is one of the greatest Yama Kings, a spirits created by Scarlett Queen and Ebon Dragon, one of the most likely candidates of Demon Emperor, who will end the world

The 1000 Hells says, the GRAND Wan Xian, Lei-Tsung, united with a troop of Wan Xian and JUST destroyed an AVATAR of her
      And Lei himself was killed, most of the troop were captured and tortured in the Hell of Tou Mou untill now

And she was killed by an archmage. who. has. stats

Well, just show how badass mage is

Originally posted by Aleph View Post
      The moral of the story being: Vormass it's terrible guest
      I was totally shocked when I saw Voormas in The 1000 Hells book, it is a big crossover, a noted npc in another line appeared in the KotE which is not very related

Another mage in that book, Jizo the Wanderer, is also a terrible guest in Kakuri Hell, he is the only guy who can frighten Emma-O away
      Last edited by Rock113; 06-13-2020, 12:56 AM.

Comment

• Haquim
        • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Alphari View Post
        But he isnt wan xian.

No one said that all kings are fighters. I doubt that he came and waved his staff and the king died. He should have had reasons to do this, as well as have allies. Otherwise, it would be too ... unreasonable and risky.
        As far as I remember, he stole VERY powerful artifacts. He is also not a simple archmage. He is an oracle, an archmage with Arete 7-9, a madman who is afraid of death.
        Voormas is (used to be?) an incredibly powerful archmage, yes, but Oracles are beyond even that and act according to fate (or are aspects of?) fate itself.

Voormas is definitely NOT an Oracle.

Comment

• Shakanaka
          • Jul 2019

Originally posted by Haquim View Post
          Voormas is (used to be?) an incredibly powerful archmage, yes, but Oracles are beyond even that and act according to fate (or are aspects of?) fate itself.

Voormas is definitely NOT an Oracle.

I thought Oracles we're just a faction of Arch-Mages, why are you casting them as if their different from any other one? They are just Arch-Mages who try to dig in newly Ascended Awakened who have acquired the insights to gain Arch-Spheres- atleast from what I remember from Masters of the Art.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

• Ambrosia
            • Jun 2015

Originally posted by Shakanaka View Post

I thought Oracles we're just a faction of Arch-Mages, why are you casting them as if their different from any other one? They are just Arch-Mages who try to dig in newly Ascended Awakened who have acquired the insights to gain Arch-Spheres- atleast from what I remember from Masters of the Art.
            Depends on source. The term Oracle in Mage pre-dates any Archspheres. The most common interpretation of the Oracles is that they are Mages that were about to Ascend, unlocking the mystery of it - but then stopped and instead decided to "stay" and guide others towards Ascension. Note: Mages, not necessarily Arch-mages! - Ascension and Arch-Mageism are never directly linked. On the contrary, it is hinted at that *too* obsessive-compulsive chasing of Arch-knowledge can have actually detremental effects. see: Exemplars, who can never ascend anymore.

What their unlocking of Ascension actually means in terms of pure power is an absolute undefined unknown, as much as anything about Ascension itself.
            Last edited by Ambrosia; 06-13-2020, 05:27 PM.

cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
            cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Interesting' Strength Attribute Stuff
            EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF! ||| How Technocrats don't think they are Mages

Comment

• Shakanaka
              • Jul 2019

Ah thanks for that clear up, I was little confused.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

• Rock113
                • Aug 2018

Originally posted by Ambrosia View Post
                Depends on source. The term Oracle in Mage pre-dates any Archspheres. The most common interpretation of the Oracles is that they are Mages that were about to Ascend, unlocking the mystery of it - but then stopped and instead decided to "stay" and guide others towards Ascension. Note: Mages, not necessarily Arch-mages! - Ascension and Arch-Mageism are never directly linked. On the contrary, it is hinted at that *too* obsessive-compulsive chasing of Arch-knowledge can have actually detremental effects. see: Exemplars, who can never ascend anymore.

What their unlocking of Ascension actually means in terms of pure power is an absolute undefined unknown, as much as anything about Ascension itself.
                “Oracle" in 1st edtion core is archmage in later editions, indeed...

Comment

• Magicballz
                  • Jan 2014

How are Arhats? Do they mostly just meditate and try to stay out of other people's businesses?

They also seem pretty decent folks since they are willing to share their wisdom to people.
                  Last edited by Magicballz; 06-15-2020, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• Mister_Dunpeal
                    • Jul 2019

Can a high level Wan Kuei combat a mage? Sure, just like any supernatural can fight another. The issue is the relative power levels and the nature of the confrontation. And when it comes to mages in particular I think 'nature' matters alot because of how open ended their powers can be - nothing requires them or forces them to fight a Wan Kuei (or any other ancient vampire) on the Vampire's terms. Archmages would have it easier (although what *KIND* of archmages we're talking about is another issue since its been handled a few different ways I recall) but even one with enough 4-5 dot spheres could be an issue if the Ancient Vampire isn't careful. Luckily many of the really old and powerful ones ARE careful.

Comment

Working...