No announcement yet.

Quastions about inhuman Knowledge Traits ( 6+ ) and Hypertech

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friends. This is not a discussion of how magic work. This discussion was "slightly" different when I created it and I definitely haven't changed this topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphari View Post
      Friends. This is not a discussion of how magic work. This discussion was "slightly" different when I created it and I definitely haven't changed this topic.
      Yeah, sorry. Consensus though seems to be that the vampire and werewolf could created their own versions of hypertech by substituting their own brands of magic. The scientists would likely be out of luck if they didn't get magical assistance or find some mundane work-around somehow(If that is even possible).

For some references, book of the weaver is a great resource for looking at some of the flavors of magi-tech. It has examples from both technocratic devices and techno-fetishes. Anarch Blood magic also contains some nifty techno-rituals as well.

Comment

A knowledge rating of 6+ isn't necessarily 'you know things people do not' you haven't worked out Faster Than Light Travel or anything like that just because you have physics 8. But your understanding of physics is greater; You can look at someone else's paper and after a single quick reading it's as if you did all the research yourself. You're more likely to work out FTL than someone else, but the rating doesn't grant you that knowledge automatically. An engineering (aeronautica) skill of 8 doesn't mean you're creating those FTL drives, but it does mean you could probably design the F-35 with a 20 minute sketch if you paired this knowledge with good intellegence because you already know what works and what doesn't work in context with whatever., and you could probably design something better when material science or AI catches up or a scientist introduces something new.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
        There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Working...
        X