Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chance the WoD and CoD settings will ever be squished into one universe?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only recently got into the general landscape of World of Darkness 3 years ago. WoD and CofD have their different niches entirely and have different fanbases that don't have the same views. Merging is a bad idea and frankly the new edition of Vampire can be seen as a soft CofD in oWoD already with so many mechanics from there stuffed into it. Admittedly as someone who is in the oWoD camp there are a few lines in CofD I like better than their counterparts; How Changeling is handled in CofD is much, much more better. Demon the Descent was also better than DTF. I also liked how the Vampires in Requiem didn't have consolidated creation mythos.

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

Originally posted by Shakanaka View Post
      I only recently got into the general landscape of World of Darkness 3 years ago. WoD and CofD have their different niches entirely and have different fanbases that don't have the same views. Merging is a bad idea and frankly the new edition of Vampire can be seen as a soft CofD in oWoD already with so many mechanics from there stuffed into it. Admittedly as someone who is in the oWoD camp there are a few lines in CofD I like better than their counterparts; How Changeling is handled in CofD is much, much more better. Demon the Descent was also better than DTF. I also liked how the Vampires in Requiem didn't have consolidated creation mythos.
      Interesting. I like exactly the opposite of what you like. But thanks for answering 😊.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her.

Comment

Working...
      X