Rebis the Magnum Opus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebis the Magnum Opus

So I know I have a lot of projects on the Back Burner already, and have been busy and still compiling them. But I had an Idea for the Alchemical themed splat I wanted to have in the CWOD. CWOD never had Prometheans and this shares a lot of concepts with them. In Fact Prometheans might work as antagonists or as Homuculi.

But the basic jist is you play a Regis, and you are a new being the result of the merger two other humans. Your soul is like that of the Primordial Perfect Human, something akin to Adam Kadmon, that is both man and woman but also neither, and was larger with an awakened 3rd eye. You do not appear like this, this actually what your soul appears like. They would have a broad range of abilities from two past lives, but if their two lives overlaped in a ability these work like Supernal Abilities, so supernaturally excellent say Craft or Brawl or Science.

They would have a two splat axis so a Vitriol Colour representing Nigredo/Albedo/Citrinitas/Rubedo and a Prima Materia representing a base matter symbolic of their origins/intent of their past lives merger.

Besides Supernal Abilities they have Transmutations: Aspects of Alchemy tied to themes like Panacea for working potent medicines and healing or Solidus representing the state of solid matter, or Ignis representing the purifying crucible of flame.

But still tossing ideas around in me noggin.

Rebis: the Magnum Opus

Refinement: is the power/enlightenment stat
    Azoth is the power units.
    Vitriol: The different colors of Vitriol represent different types of Rebis.
    Nigredo
    Albedo
    Citrinitas
    Rubedo
    Prima Materia: the Rebis’ metal

Transmutations:
    Viriditas
    Panacea
    Anima Mundi
    Pyros/Ignis
    Absorbent Earth/Bibulus Terrae
    Aqua Fortis
    Aether
    Metallum
    Calcination/Calor
    Solidus
    Liquidus
    Gaseous/Gasorum
    Plasma Stella
    Callus
    Oleum/Ducatus
    Et Partitus
    Cognitionus
    Lux
    Magnas Ridebam/fulgur/fulminis Iras
    Animalis Regnum
    Lignum

That's cool, how are Rebisis made?

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
      That's cool, how are Rebisis made?
      I'm thinking some great ritual on the level of the Spell of Life for Mummies. Two Alchemists with appropriate levels of refinement work together complete a ritual which purifies, transmutes and merges their soul into a singular perfect soul. So I'm thinking the two Alchemists who merge might be Sorcerers, but I'm still open maybe they could just be philosophers/sages/ascetics and they are part of a group that could perform a group ritual rather then rely on an individual with singularly potent magic. Maybe even Mages could be involved in merging with another human, much like the Solificati Leader Halel.

Still tossing around ideas. Maybe some Rebis are formed whole in the prime of their life. Or maybe all or just some are born of the fusion of two souls and bound into Prime Materia forming a Baby instead of a fullgrown person.

Still tossing around ideas. I do figure these guys are very very rare.

Comment

Yeah I guess multiple ways of making them, like if mortal couples are utterly truly in love. They may be able to merge,

Along with odd occult rituals performed by groups liken the Order of Hermes and Tremere.that may merge two people together
        Last edited by Konradleijon; 09-20-2020, 06:40 PM.

Comment

My vague idea for a WOD Promethean would be to Autocthon.. and alchemical exalted as Lunars are to Fera and Gaia and Luna

Comment

More and more I am thinking these could work as a variant of Mummies, it would certainly fit with their being few of them.

Comment

That would make sense.

Comment

Working...
              X