X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penelope
    started a topic Mexica (Aztec) gods in the World of Darkness

Mexica (Aztec) gods in the World of Darkness

In the version I put together, Huitzilopochtli is the Baali Methuselah from Mexico City by Night (maybe; my one friend she disagrees strongly with this), Tezcatlipoca is the founder of the Tlacique Legacy, Quetzalcoatl is a mage (like a Dreamspeaker/Kha’Vadi but not actually affiliated with the Traditions) and Tlaloc is an Incarna.

This is just a first draft. What do you guys think?

Also, what was the role of the Sabbat in the conquest of Mexico? Especially the Lasombra?
    Last edited by Penelope; 10-05-2020, 07:54 PM.

• Penelope
    replied
    That being said, the Spanish were defo pretty disgustingly bad by themselves as well.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    Originally posted by Shakanaka View Post

If we're just going by pure comparisons I'd say the Spanish Empire for obvious reasons takes the cake of being more dastardly if we take everything in neutrally.
    It sounds like they were both pretty bad compared to the rest of the Mesoamerican cultures (including the peasants and other subject peoples who weren’t part of the Aztec ruling class), who really didn’t do anything to deserve being persecuted by both sides.

Leave a comment:

• Shakanaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
    There is a difference between killed in war and taking prisoners of war and traumatizing them to death in public. The Religious wars were often on much more equal footing, even when out numbered compared to the Mexica and their conquest of their neighbors. The Mexica had a larger nation and established infrastructure and they could conquer and raid individuals that basically had no way to fight back, and they would seize slaves from individuals they wouldn't sacrifice. People that trace their lineage to these old empires forsook the harsher aspects like slavery and sacrifice while maintained cultural aspects, that often were shared by neighboring cultures. I don't see anyone asking to bring back the Sacrifices and Slavery.

The Mexica and Maya were the Privileged individuals of their age, they acted from positions of dominance and power with superior infrastructure and resources compared to those they oppressed.

Yes but some Estimates found evidence of up to 84k sacrifices in a four day period of time. And all life and dignity should matter, one shouldn't sweep things under the rug because they are the peasants of the world. This is why when news calls attention to perceived injustices people riot.

If we're just going by pure comparisons I'd say the Spanish Empire for obvious reasons takes the cake of being more dastardly if we take everything in neutrally.
    Last edited by Shakanaka; 10-18-2020, 09:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Konradleijon
    replied
    Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
    There is a difference between killed in war and taking prisoners of war and traumatizing them to death in public. The Religious wars were often on much more equal footing, even when out numbered compared to the Mexica and their conquest of their neighbors. The Mexica had a larger nation and established infrastructure and they could conquer and raid individuals that basically had no way to fight back, and they would seize slaves from individuals they wouldn't sacrifice. People that trace their lineage to these old empires forsook the harsher aspects like slavery and sacrifice while maintained cultural aspects, that often were shared by neighboring cultures. I don't see anyone asking to bring back the Sacrifices and Slavery.

The Mexica and Maya were the Privileged individuals of their age, they acted from positions of dominance and power with superior infrastructure and resources compared to those they oppressed.

Yes but some Estimates found evidence of up to 84k sacrifices in a four day period of time. And all life and dignity should matter, one shouldn't sweep things under the rug because they are the peasants of the world. This is why when news calls attention to perceived injustices people riot.
    That estI Marion is bulk look at the link I gave you. And no the Flower wars being Purely a ritual thing has been questioned. many of the rival States could stand up on the flower wars, and yeah the crusaders slaughtering the Women and children that’s totally fair.

Leave a comment:

• Eldagusto
    replied

Meh, those numbers are really chump change compared to the overall pop found in Mesoamerican societies.

Leave a comment:

• Konradleijon
    replied
    Originally posted by Penelope View Post

Okay. Idk that. Just sounded like a lot. Were the Mayans worse?
    No they had a much lower rate of sacrifice no matter what Mel Gibson says.

And remember all the religious wars in Europe? Where they any different then Aztec sacrifices

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    Thank you 😊.

Leave a comment:

• Shakanaka
    replied
    No not at all. Mayans did sacrifices to anoint finished building projects or other high profile occasions, but not at the rate of the Aztecs.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied

Meh, those numbers are really chump change compared to the overall pop found in Mesoamerican societies.
    Okay. Idk that. Just sounded like a lot. Were the Mayans worse?

Leave a comment:

• Shakanaka
    replied
    And 100-200 a year is a lot of sacrifices.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    Cool. I’ll Google them when I get a spare moment to look into this.

Leave a comment:

• Konradleijon
    replied

Sorry to be mean, but if you can’t even spell Nahuatl, it makes me question the authority of your assertions about the Nahuatl people.
    That makes sense I don't know shit but the Reddit user 1000rabbitsmdoes.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    And 100-200 a year is a lot of sacrifices.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post

Like blood sacrifice was a universal Mesoamerican tradition. And they'll probably were not anymore then 200 to 100 sacrfoces per year. Know matter what sensational online figures say.

The other Kingdoms mostly didn't like the Nahtual for common empire reasons. And not sacrifice.
    Sorry to be mean, but if you can’t even spell Nahuatl, it makes me question the authority of your assertions about the Nahuatl people.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X