Mexica (Aztec) gods in the World of Darkness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexica (Aztec) gods in the World of Darkness

In the version I put together, Huitzilopochtli is the Baali Methuselah from Mexico City by Night (maybe; my one friend she disagrees strongly with this), Tezcatlipoca is the founder of the Tlacique Legacy, Quetzalcoatl is a mage (like a Dreamspeaker/Kha’Vadi but not actually affiliated with the Traditions) and Tlaloc is an Incarna.

This is just a first draft. What do you guys think?

Also, what was the role of the Sabbat in the conquest of Mexico? Especially the Lasombra?
    Last edited by Penelope; 10-05-2020, 07:54 PM.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
    Also, what was the role of the Sabbat in the conquest of Mexico? Especially the Lasombra?
    vampires had nothing with the conquest,
    though the Camarilla were blamed for it (wrongly) by the nahualli (local vampires),
    the lasombra were rekt by the Tezcatlipoca

the involvement of the sabbat was in the taking down of the 3 Aztec Gods,
    the Black Hand originally staged a coup that destroyed or burned their temples, and caused Tlaloc to flood the area to save the two others

later, when the nahualli declared war on the sabbat, the conflict ended with the disappearance of Shaitan, the binding of Tlaloc by the Koldun and the alleged killing of Tezcatlipoca by the Tremere antitribu.
    however, later investigation revealed the Tremere's possible lie, as Tezca might have been imprisoned in a Jar and later freed during (probably after the tremere anti's demise)

-

Comment

Originally posted by Pleiades View Post

vampires had nothing with the conquest,
      though the Camarilla were blamed for it (wrongly) by the nahualli (local vampires),
      the lasombra were rekt by the Tezcatlipoca

the involvement of the sabbat was in the taking down of the 3 Aztec Gods,
      the Black Hand originally staged a coup that destroyed or burned their temples, and caused Tlaloc to flood the area to save the two others

later, when the nahualli declared war on the sabbat, the conflict ended with the disappearance of Shaitan, the binding of Tlaloc by the Koldun and the alleged killing of Tezcatlipoca by the Tremere antitribu.
      however, later investigation revealed the Tremere's possible lie, as Tezca might have been imprisoned in a Jar and later freed during (probably after the tremere anti's demise)
      That’s really helpful. Thanks.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

Tezcatlipoca was Lasombra, not Setite? I thought he founded the Tlacique (a Setite bloodline)?

Comment

Tezcatlipoca was Lasombra, not Setite? I thought he founded the Tlacique (a Setite bloodline)?
          Lasombra and Setites have some overlaps, but I doubt Tezca was a vampire in the first place,

probably some abyssal god or something...I think

-

Comment

In the version I put together, Huitzilopochtli is the Baali Methuselah from Mexico City by Night (maybe; my one friend she disagrees strongly with this), Tezcatlipoca is a Setite Methuselah, Quetzalcoatl is a mage (like a Dreamspeaker/Kha’Vadi but not actually affiliated with the Traditions) and Tlaloc is an Incarna.

This is just a first draft. What do you guys think?

How did Cainites go to Turtle Island before westerners?

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post

Sounding really clueless here: what’s Turtle Island?

Comment

To answer you generally: the Baali Methuselah Shaitan traveled to the New World during the mid twelfth century when the Mexica (Aztec) Empire was in its infancy and impersonated the Aztec god Huitzilopochtli. Tezcatlipoca I’m not sure about.

Comment

norse kindred were the first I believe, most were gangrel and Nos

-

Comment

There is (or was) also a Gangrel methuselah going by the name Mictlantecuhtli, though I don't recall if he was supposed to have impersonated the Aztec god or inspired belief in it in the first place.

Comment

So how can Vampires have been Aztec gods before Europeans arrived?

Comment

So how can Vampires have been Aztec gods before Europeans arrived?
                        Because Cainites arrived in Mexico thousands of years before mortal Europeans did.

Comment

Okay wow a lot of White wof, stuff about Latin America, has issues.

Comment

Konradleijon Wym? I mean, actually I would rather make Tezcatlipoca the founder of one of the Drowned Legacies instead of a Setite, but we know nothing about any of the Legacies. And Huitzilopochtli has been a Baali since the Nineties. Or would you change that and make him a native Kindred too?

Comment

I'm generally sympathetic to euhemeristic interpretations of old time mythologies in the WoD. The Aztecs are very interesting because their gods are so blood thirsty. There's a lot you can do with them in fictional portrayals in the WoD. Vampires? Changing Breeds? Fomori? Mages? Lots can work.

Using vampires in Mesoamerica in the WoD can be a frustrating experience because the game is of two minds. On one hand, they are not supposed to be presented prior to European contact because they are an artifact of the corrupted Old World whereas the New World is supposed to have been kept "pure" by the Three Brothers of the Garou. On the other hand, the Vampire game has long had the presence of certain ancient vampires in the Americas inexplicably. So they're supposed to be present, but extremely small and limited.

I think if you wanted to reconcile the two ideas, is that the Garou (Croatan, Uktena, Wendigo) and other Changing Breeds (especially Balam) did a good job purging North America of vampires because it's supposed to be non-urban, but that urban civilizations of Mesoamerica were finally allowing vampires to populate around the time of Columbus. It was a bit slow because most of the ancient vampires who came over were in torpor by this time, and the Balam and Uktena were still plentiful enough to kill most vampire spawn.

I don't think any supernaturals were involved in the conquest of Mexico under Cortes. It was a very small number of human conquistadors (allied with lots of Mesoamericans who hated the Triple Alliance) who pulled it off. I think any supernatural creatures (Sabbat, Garou, whatever) came AFTER the conquest in order to exploit it. I imagine the Sabbat began moving en masse to Mexico after they were defeated in the Sabbat-Camarilla Wars of the 17th century. Prior to that, there were a handful of both Camarilla and Sabbat vampires to move to the New World, but for the most part most vampires choose not to make the risky trip across the ocean for life in an inhospitable land. But after the Camarilla crushed the Sabbat during the great wars of the 17th century (there were a lot of terrible wars in the 1600s throughout Europe), a mass exodus took place.

Comment

Working...
                              X