Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WoD: Ghost Hunters KS now live!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...th-anniversary

Gather all your friends to face the spooks of the night!

Wouldn’t this make more sense as a Wraith supplement?

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
      Wouldn’t this make more sense as a Wraith supplement?
      You can definitely use it as one! It actually works well as a supplement for any WoD game.

Matthew Dawkins
      In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

Woo hoo!

This looks fantastic! Backing it for the physical copy!
        Last edited by CTPhipps; 10-06-2020, 06:20 PM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Oh, this looks like fun! Will it have a great deal that's useful for classic Orpheus, do we suppose?

Comment

We got a fantastic interview with Matthew Dawkins and Matt McElroy about the product here: http://booknest.eu/reviews/blog/2064...matthewdawkins

Really interesting stuff!

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gentleman Gamer View Post

You can definitely use it as one! It actually works well as a supplement for any WoD game.
              Don't know the WoD rules, but will the book also be usefull for a Chronicle of Darkness...chronicle?

Comment

Originally posted by Lykas View Post
                Don't know the WoD rules, but will the book also be usefull for a Chronicle of Darkness...chronicle?
                Probably be ok for fluff inspiration, but obviously not going to do anything for you in mechanics.

Comment

Oh, also it's been funded!

And achieved its first Stretch Goal at $30k, an ST screen! Next up at $36k, it's going to get the Paranormal Investigator’s Toolkit companion book. Promised to include "More gear, additional Merits and Flaws, and optional systems will be created and released in a supplemental PDF, which will be added to the rewards list of all backers receiving the World of Darkness: Ghost Hunters PDF."

Comment

Originally posted by Lykas View Post

I'd say so, yes. There's a lot of setting material in this book, suitable for any group of mortals regardless of the game line.

Matthew Dawkins
                    In-House Developer for Onyx Path Publishing

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/matthewdawkins

Comment

Alright, $36k was reached. So we are getting the Paranormal Investigator's Toolkit. $40k is expanding the PIT, and $43k is getting a new supplement "Hunting Monsters"...which is about paranormal investigators taking on non-ghost supernaturals!

Comment

How about a conversion guide to Chronicles of Darkness as a new Stretch Goal? 😅

My Chronicles of Darkness campaign is also about a returning serial killer, who possesses people etc., so I would really love to use the material...
                        (Especially since the Chronicles of Darkness mechanics for Ghosts and „Host Jumps“ are very complicated and hard to understand, in my opinion. So I‘m looking for an alternative or shortcut.)
                        Last edited by Elythia; 10-10-2020, 12:04 PM.

Waiting for new Chronicles of Darkness Dice! 🤗 🎲

Comment

Originally posted by Elythia View Post
                          How about a conversion guide to Chronicles of Darkness as a new Stretch Goal? 😅

My Chronicles of Darkness campaign is also about a returning serial killer, who possesses people etc., so I would really love to use the material...
                          (Especially since the Chronicles of Darkness mechanics for Ghosts and „Host Jumps“ are very complicated and hard to understand, in my opinion. So I‘m looking for an alternative or shortcut.)

That'd be cool! I'm planning on a C:tL/Geist chronicle where the idea is the players were paranormal researchers who discovered too late that "Elijah Jenkins" is a fake ghost, because he's still alive...but the reports of supernatural crap were real, because he's a wily old Privateer who uses spookshows as a way to throw up chaff (and yes, I chose that name very deliberately). Having guidelines, especially minor conversions, for ghost research, would be a godsend.

Comment

$40k achieved, so we now got the expanded PIT supplement!

Comment

So I am not entirely sure yet on this book, leading to me to bookmark it so I can check back later when more updates have come out. My delay is that pure ghost hunting is not so much my interest, as say it having been a paranormal investigators sourcebook and such. If that had been the case I probably would have jumped very quickly on it. The fact that they do release the chapters does make it easier though for me to check if it is for me so I am very much glad about that.

That said, I'm actually really curious as to what sorcerous and psychic powers are gonna be described in the book. Mostly as I want to bring those powers into the 20th Anniversary WOD.

Comment

Working...
                              X