Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the most unpleasant thing you've experienced in a WoD game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most unpleasant thing you've experienced in a WoD game?

As the title of the thread reads, what is the most unpleasant thing you've experienced in a WoD game?

To be specific, what is the most unpleasant thing in a game that you are alright with experiencing? This is not about an incident where a Storyteller decided a PC was raped, in violation of the player consent, for example. I am asking about the time your PC went into a frenzy and killed their best friend, or burned down an orphanage or some such incident.

Total Ostracism after criticizing a toreador's art.

In hindsight i don't think my character would have done something like that. An example where the player doesn't have the dots or sense a character does.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
    There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
      Total Ostracism after criticizing a toreador's art.

In hindsight i don't think my character would have done something like that. An example where the player doesn't have the dots or sense a character does.
      Oh how high ranking was the toreador'?

Comment

I don't even know.

we were doing a traveling dark ages game. The place was somewhere in Greece. I was new to the city. I was a (not particularly evil) Baali raised to pretend to be a Toreador, and I totally shot my character with my own flub. I was uninvited to parties and I got a letter forbidding me to feed in the domain I was residing in. It was pretty devastating. Oh, and at the same time a Gangrel was probably planning to gut me outside of the city, and the local Baali were starting to insist I show up at their get-togethers. Felt like I'd killed her with a mistake she'd never make. We did not get back to that character. A shame. She was a lot of fun when I played her right. The Storyteller was an absolute master with the rival flaw, but the rival was unrelated to that city.

Comment

I don't even know.

we were doing a traveling dark ages game. The place was somewhere in Greece. I was new to the city. I was a (not particularly evil) Baali raised to pretend to be a Toreador, and I totally shot my character with my own flub. I was uninvited to parties and I got a letter forbidding me to feed in the domain I was residing in. It was pretty devastating. Oh, and at the same time a Gangrel was probably planning to gut me outside of the city, and the local Baali were starting to insist I show up at their get-togethers. Felt like I'd killed her with a mistake she'd never make. We did not get back to that character. A shame. She was a lot of fun when I played her right. The Storyteller was an absolute master with the rival flaw, but the rival was unrelated to that city.
          Damn, WTF. How is it possible for you to get barred from feeding from within your own Domain? That's ridiculous lol. Did you try to take your case up to the Prince for a rectification? Also where was the rest of your coterie in all this?

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

I was a guest in someone else's domain. Coterie was uninvolved (and it was a small game) ... It was entirely a social screwup so if I had a coterie It wouldn't have mattered.
            Last edited by MyWifeIsScary; 10-15-2020, 07:53 AM.

Comment

I don't even know.

Wow-what is a major overreaction.

Comment

Who? The Toreador or me?

The Toreador make sense when you think about it. A newcomer comes and belittles the efforts of an established Toreador? Yeah, that's what should have happened.

As for me: We were playing a lot of games at that time. Like, virtually one every night, sometimes two a night. We were students, the term was over, we hadn't much else to do, and the sessions were small and intimate. It made sense to move on to another game or character when we were bored or dissatisfied.

Comment

My Wraith character being Harrowed.

Comment

Being executed in Elysium for things I'd actually done

Comment

Working...
                    X