Mortal Life Extension: How?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortal Life Extension: How?

Besides becoming a vampire or revenant, how could a mortal extend their life?

I know mages can extend their life, but full immortality/agelessness is only high end.

Lets say there is a mortal woman in her 70s who wants to extend her life. How could she go about doing it without becoming a vampire or a ghoul?

Well if she's got the money and loose morals probably some sort of stem cell therapy

You've been playing around the magic that is black
    But all the powerful magical mysteries never gave a single thing back

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
      Well if she's got the money and loose morals probably some sort of stem cell therapy
      looooooool

Jade Kingdom Warrior

Comment

Hedge magic alchemy, presumely what lead the red list Christopher Barrow live 150 years as a mortal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rucun View Post
          Hedge magic alchemy, presumely what lead the red list Christopher Barrow live 150 years as a mortal.
          What book is Hedge magic and alchemy in?

Comment

Sorcerer Revised?

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
              Sorcerer Revised?
              Is that the most recent one?

Comment

I think so. They haven’t done Sorcerer for M20 yet. Christopher Barrow in Dread Names, Red List extended his life thru hedge magic so there might be some rules in there.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                  I think so. They haven’t done Sorcerer for M20 yet. Christopher Barrow in Dread Names, Red List extended his life thru hedge magic so there might be some rules in there.
                  Yeah Sorcerer Revised has life extention stuff in it and is the most up to date book focused on sorcerers. Hunters Hunted 2 and KinfolkW20 both have some Hedge Magic but not any life extention stuff. WoD Ghosthunters is also going to have some Hedge Magic but again I dount it will have the life extention stuff. omenseer

Comment

The librarian of Horizon - Nicodemus Mulhouse - in MtA is another example of a non-Mage with longevity due to Sorcery. He is over 600 years old.

Originally posted by omenseer View Post
                    Besides becoming a vampire or revenant, how could a mortal extend their life?

I know mages can extend their life, but full immortality/agelessness is only high end.

Lets say there is a mortal woman in her 70s who wants to extend her life. How could she go about doing it without becoming a vampire or a ghoul?
                    Pacts with Spirits, possibly going all the way up to the major Totems and higher Spirits Lords and Ladies.
                    Magic items and artifacts.
                    Infernal pacts.
                    Pacts with the Wyrm - Banes, Black Spiral Dancers, Maeljin Incarnas, Urge-Wyrms et al. Remember that it is possible to be a Wyrm cultist without becoming a Fomor.
                    Energy vampirism (it is a Sorcery Path in one of the books).
                    Some rare events and achievements, like supping from a Fountain of Youth, bathing in a River of Life, or eating a Forever Fruit.
                    Last edited by Muad'Dib; 11-02-2020, 07:41 PM.

Comment

You could also pretty easily hack the nWoD: Immortals into the oWoD.

Comment

WoD Ghost Hunters: Is that 20th or 5e?

Good points on the spirit pacts. All very good ideas.

Thank you.

Comment

WoD:GH is 20th.

Comment

Having lots of money lets you buy the best doctors available

Comment

Science, of the weird or hyper advanced variety. Depending on which game line's cosmology you prefer, this can take several different forms. IIRC, Werewolf's Book of the Weaver talks about the use of Weaver-spirit influenced and infused technology. With Mage, there's the Technocracy's Enlightened and Advanced Science (Sphere Magic and Path Sorcery, respectively), with their own versions of Life, Alchemy, and the like. I don't think Wraith ever really delved into that sort of thing, but it's entirely possible for some company or lab having discovered a way to harvest materials or energy from the Underworld into various drugs or other treatments. (IIRC, Orpheus involved something along those lines, but for the production of illegal narcotics.)

Then there's just the idea of some sort of freak discovery of life extension. You can probably mine various science fiction films or shows for ideas. Things like Dead Heat (1988) and Second Chance (2016), for example.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                              Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Working...
                              X