No announcement yet.

Mortal Life Extension: How?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is for a Vampire game, but I have added some lupine activity and some mage activity as well. Interestingly the coterie is on working terms with the Garou and the last member of a group of low magic users working for a Mage is now in the employ of the vampire who's aging wife is interested in extending her life.

I have this thought of her going to the magic user for some 4 dot alchemy to giver her more time to work something out with the spirits. All while trying to keep her husband in the dark for the time being.

Comment

There is always infernalism. its a pretty standard contract.

Comment

The archetypical one, I'd say.

I'd swear I saw in one of the game books a plot about some organization using energies stolen or otherwise taken from ghosts to extend human life, with unpleasant results for all. Could it have been one of the Orpheus books?

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
          Well if she's got the money and loose morals probably some sort of stem cell therapy
          Why'd you need loose morals to get your skins cells reprogrammed?

Comment

The Picture of Dorian Gray comes to mind.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
            Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Cursed (or otherwise darkly enchanted) objects. The old tv series Friday the 13th: The Series (which has nothing to do with the films; it was just a thing at the time, roll with it) had a couple of interesting possible ideas.
              • An antique tea cup decorated with a Swapper's Ivy pattern that can take the life/youth of a drinker to give it to the cup's owner.
              • An antique transport bee hive (which were made to transfer a hive from one location to another) which turns the bees into vampires, which drain the blood from victims and then transfer the life force to another person. (This is one of my favorites, just because the very idea of vampire bees is so batshit crazy I'm impressed someone thought of it.)
              • A set of three carved monkeys in the See/Hear/Speak No Evil poses. The owner uses them to test the integrity of his children to see if they are worthy to inherit his estate. If they fail, they die, and their father continues to live until he eventually finds a worthy heir.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
              Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Fun fact: There's a lot of disagreement over the exact 'limit' of the human lifespan. The general consensus I've seen is around 115-120, but some have argued 150 years or more (two scientists IIRC even have a bet ongoing whether people can live past the 'commonly believed' span.) A lot of it seems to come down to genetics, environment and probability (As in there are people who would exceed the 115-120 year 'limit' but they might be considered outliers rather than the norm.)

Depending on how you wanted to define 'realism' and the variables in WoD you could just chalk it up to really good genetics or the effects of consensual reality (if you buy into that argument for your setting.)

If you want a really far-fetched idea, what if certain strains of humans have been influenced by vampire blood (through ghouls, revenant or revenant-like beings, etc.) throughout millenia? You could get incremental improvements in lifespan like I described simply because of the effect vitae could have on human genetics. And that doesn't rule out other forms of magical 'influence' (hedge magic and alchemy, sphere magic, etc.)

Comment

I am operating on the 80 limit at the moment. I am thinking she'll go to the hedge mage first and use that buy time to find something longer lasting and with less daily maintenance.

Comment

Working...
                  X