Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember when they said there is gonna be a tv show.?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Konradleijon
    replied
    Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
    Vampire movies are rarely a good source to play the game, though vampire SERIES? Sometimes.

The best way to play V:TM?

Gangster movies.

Betrayal, murder, fighting for territory, manipulating the public, and secret societies.

John Wick is actually a very good V:TM movie.

John Wick used to be the Sheriff of the Prince of New York when he retired to live with his Touchstone. After losing his dog to the very same Sheriff's arrogant childe, John Wick goes on a murder spree throughout his organization. Along the way, he stays at the local Elysium and trades on the favors he did for his Camarilla allies who are uninterested in the conflict.
    Phipps I think your confusing game mechanics in V5 for some reason they made touchstones more constraining by saying only mortal humans can be touchstones unlike anything that reminds you of your humanity

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by CajunKhan View Post
    "Sin City" and "Pulp Fiction" are also good sources.
    Yeah, I had trouble with street level games until I essentially just did MAFIA II as a Giovanni campaign. It worked surprisingly well.

Leave a comment:

• CajunKhan
    replied
    "Sin City" and "Pulp Fiction" are also good sources.

Leave a comment:

• Frontline989
    replied
    I can see it.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Vampire movies are rarely a good source to play the game, though vampire SERIES? Sometimes.

The best way to play V:TM?

Gangster movies.

Betrayal, murder, fighting for territory, manipulating the public, and secret societies.

John Wick is actually a very good V:TM movie.

John Wick used to be the Sheriff of the Prince of New York when he retired to live with his Touchstone. After losing his dog to the very same Sheriff's arrogant childe, John Wick goes on a murder spree throughout his organization. Along the way, he stays at the local Elysium and trades on the favors he did for his Camarilla allies who are uninterested in the conflict.

Leave a comment:

• Konradleijon
    replied
    I would like a Netflix anime thing instead maybe a psychologal slow burn animated Changling :the dreaming series.

Leave a comment:

• Thoth
    replied
    Originally posted by Strangelove View Post
    Thoth Cool reference with Hannibal as cynematography to depict a gothic vibe without being too explicitly gothic. I like the idea of Hannibal mentoring Will, luring him to a downward spiral!

Small scale Game of Thrones? You mean city scale instead of world scale, right? Because vampires can be very sketchy on their political conspiracies!

On procedurals, while focusing in a specific profession would be pretty much subject of those writting it and thus applicable or not, a long term mistery would be cool. A Monster of the week... not so convinced and curious about how it could work.
    I would see it more along the lines of Hannibal being a Ventrue or Nagaraja, Will being a newly turned neonate, and Jack Crawford as a hunter. The weekly killers are vampires who have lost their humanity or simply have gotten sloppy. A character as dark as Hannibal being comfortable being a monster, yet still being a force for balance has some interesting potential. Though all of this hinges on how the vampire population is handled in the show.

As for the scale, realistically speaking this is more a matter of production value rather than storytelling. If scale is just Lost Boys 2.0 then other than some costumes, some bikes, and some urban location scouting, you don't need much. On the other hand if vampires have a lower population concentration, then you could easily have many characters beyond oliver queen/bruce wayne levels of wealthy, which drives the productions costs through the roof.

If a given character is immortal, incredibly wealthy, has a small but loyal herd, and a fortified haven, there isn't much drama to be had in a small town or city setting. With the right character build you can more or less recreate the Lucifer series level of wealth and decadence. Thus the writers will be very tempted to make the antagonists an endless power spiral of importance to the point of absurdity.

Leave a comment:

• Konradleijon
    replied
    Maybe they can be a animated show to properly show of the cool powers and not be a hill shot relationship drama

Leave a comment:

• Strangelove
    replied
    Lol yep, we went oddly specific in the last posts. The producers may feel enough pressure, better not to add all the weight of our hopes and dreams on their back and cut them some slack, in the end it's going to be their vision of the WoD, and it will differ from ours in many ways.

Although as fans, I guess it's fair to speculate... just a bit :P

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    I think every episode should have a vampire coming to kill the protagonist, who should be named Liam Macleod.

They fight with katanas.

Then the winner diablerizes the other and it's always Liam. There will be many explosions and much Queen music.

If you want to be all artsy fartsy, they'll have period piece flashbacks too but most of it will consist of Liam getting laid (plus biting) before the vampire of the week does something horrible.

And he's met every vampire.

Leave a comment:

• Strangelove
    replied
    Thoth Cool reference with Hannibal as cynematography to depict a gothic vibe without being too explicitly gothic. I like the idea of Hannibal mentoring Will, luring him to a downward spiral!

Small scale Game of Thrones? You mean city scale instead of world scale, right? Because vampires can be very sketchy on their political conspiracies!

On procedurals, while focusing in a specific profession would be pretty much subject of those writting it and thus applicable or not, a long term mistery would be cool. A Monster of the week... not so convinced and curious about how it could work.

CTPhipps Cheese is fun!

EMBRACE the cheese.

The world of Blade if the protagonist was a wise cracker like Iron Man.
    Only if that protagonist has either an armor or bulletproof vest with nipples! After all, WoD cities should look like Gotham in the 80's Batman movies!

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    How they should write the V:TM show: "Watch Big Trouble in Little China and make the bad guys Romanian flesh-crafters and Kurt Russell into a Brujah trucker. Wang is a Tremere and still Asian."

EMBRACE the cheese.

The world of Blade if the protagonist was a wise cracker like Iron Man.

Leave a comment:

• Thoth
    replied
    Strangelove I feel a better fit for a World of Darkness would be the first couple seasons of the Hannibal tv series.

The cinematography leans into the concept of our world but darker, colder, and grittier, with its use of color filters and shot composition. It gives a good feel for the world with out going full over the top goth like the Underworld series. The characters are either dangerous or they are prey. The psychological aspects are already an excellent mirror as well with Hannibal essentially helping Will become comfortable with his beast.

Though I do feel that being a procedural style of tv show just follows the same ground that Supernatural already went with. So it should probably be more small scale Game of Thrones for the TV show. As for the movies, we have tons of generic action vampire stuff as is, but something like a vampire focused Lord of War or Beasts of No Nation could be quite interesting for one shots.

Just my two cents.

Leave a comment:

• Thoth
    replied
    I think the relationship trouble, love triangles, and so on is every bit as important to some games as the idea of being an antihero or villain protagonist but it's really up to the storyteller and player.
    True, but once things are being converted to a Movie or TV series the ability to tailor the game to your group disappears. Which means the makers have to be very selective about who they make the product for. Hence why all the grumbling on this thread, the hype is being aimed at mass market, rather than generating new long term fans and rewarding the fans that allowed the IP to be viable in the first place.

As I have said before, if you try to tell a vampire story with relationship elements, that's fine. If you are telling a relationship story that just happens to have fangs in it, go back to the drawing board. RPGs are supposed to be an escapist endeavor rather than being a different channel of our world.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
    I know your fear I hate shows with a large focus on interpersonal drama. Especially love triangle shot
    I would watch a show about Lucita, Anatole, and Fatima.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X