Mummy NPC's for a Vampire Chronicle in Ptolemaic Egypt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mummy NPC's for a Vampire Chronicle in Ptolemaic Egypt

Spacedigger posted the following question in the "Are Mummies Still Canon" thread.

********** Hello I don't want to hijack this thread but since there is no dedicated forum for WOD Mummys so I thought I chime in. I am looking for some Information on the Undying of MTR or Mummy in general for my Vampire Chronicle.

I am the ST for a chronicle set in Egypt Alexandria during the Ptolemaic Era. Specifically during Ptolemy XIII Reign. We use the Rules from DAV20 .

On of my PCs who is a Cappadocian descendet from Lazarus's Childer, and maybe too curious for his own good, got some vague hints on the "Spell of Life" from an "allied" Follower of Set. Naturally being a Cappadocian he wants to pursue those hints.

I absolutely realise I am bending the canon here, because as far as I know Lazarus Child Angelique was embraced about a 150 years later. It was a concession I was willing to make for my players and for my chronicle because the setting has a place for characters of varous descents. Egyptian, Greek, Roman and so on.

So this might bring him and the coterie into conflict with not only the Mages of the Cult of Isis but also the Shemsu-Heru.

Since I gave him that hint I want to do those factions justice. I only recently got into MTR and find it to be very interesting, though I have a few problems.

Exactly how powerful are they compared to other Supernaturals such as Vampires and Garou? Since they are the mortal enemy of the Setites I imagine them a force to be reckoned with. Are they too much to handle for my coterie of Neonates?

None of my PCs is a Setite btw. so instant animosity might not be the case?

I know Crossover Games can be difficult even if it is just NPCs.

Is there a baseline to how the Undying approach potential enemys? Given their small numbers (as far as i know) they might not favor the combative approach? Or do they use their state of being nigh "unkillable" for a more direct approach? Are they solitary creatures or do they have something akin to coteries or packs?

I wanted to look into MTR because it was the most recent write-up for the Undying in the WOD. Do you think the earlier Editions might be a better fit for a crossover?

If I got some things wrong please do correct me!

If the crossover presents itself as not doable I might swap the Undying out with the Children of Osiris Bloodline.

Last edited by Spacedigger; 05-05-2021, 02:16 PM.

Spacedigger I would strongly suggest using World of Darkness: Mummy (2nd Edition) rather than Mummy: the Resurrection. The former deals directly with the outlooks and strengths you are looking for while the latter deals exclusively with the post-Reckoning metaplot. Both are excellent books, but I think you will get much more for your Mummy Money* from WoD Mummy 2E for this chronicle.

Since you are new to Mummy in the World of Darkness, the following might clear up any confusion about publication order:

1. World of Darkness: Mummy - published as a supplement during WoD's first edition run.
    2. World of Darkness: Mummy 2ns Edition - published as a supplement during WoD's second edition run.
    3. Mummy: the Resurrection - published as a core game line book during WoD's revised edition run.

* Sorry, I couldn't resist this ridiculous Teen Titans Go reference.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasM View Post
      Spacedigger I would strongly suggest using World of Darkness: Mummy (2nd Edition) rather than Mummy: the Resurrection. The former deals directly with the outlooks and strengths you are looking for while the latter deals exclusively with the post-Reckoning metaplot. Both are excellent books, but I think you will get much more for your Mummy Money* from WoD Mummy 2E for this chronicle.

Since you are new to Mummy in the World of Darkness, the following might clear up any confusion about publication order:

1. World of Darkness: Mummy - published as a supplement during WoD's first edition run.
      2. World of Darkness: Mummy 2ns Edition - published as a supplement during WoD's second edition run.
      3. Mummy: the Resurrection - published as a core game line book during WoD's revised edition run.

* Sorry, I couldn't resist this ridiculous Teen Titans Go reference.
      Sorry it took me so long to answer you.

Thank you kindly for your commitment. It is very much appreciated.

I purchased Mummy 2nd Edition for my purposes.

A very interesting read which basically answers all the questions that I had. I am actually surprised at how well it can be adapted for my game.

Might be the most seamless crossover I have ever done for WOD .

Comment

Originally posted by Spacedigger View Post

I purchased Mummy 2nd Edition for my purposes.

A very interesting read which basically answers all the questions that I had. I am actually surprised at how well it can be adapted for my game.

Might be the most seamless crossover I have ever done for WOD .

Congratulations! I'm glad that it is exactly what you need, and I'm sure the players will appreciate the extra effort you are putting into the game.

Comment

Working...
        X