Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunter the Reckoning done with Development!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter the Reckoning done with Development!

https://www.worldofdarkness.com/news...s-brand-update

Seems that it'll be done faster than W5 even.

What doesn't kill you, makes you... stranger.

Huh. Wasn't expecting a new edition of Hunter being up sooner rather then later.

And at least explains why PDX reportedly shot down a Hunter20...

Comment

Okay I am legitimately surprised here. Both that H5 is being done but that also sounds like that it might actually be here before W5 and really the rest of the WoD Five. Like I would have figured that they would want to at least do the other two of the Big Three and get them out before even beginning to work on a minor line like HtR.

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

So a prerecorded interview with Justin Achilli is going on right now on the worldofdarkness twich channel

The main takeaway is that there is no more imbued any more, it seems to be more akin to Hunter the Vigil with disparate groups hunting. It includes Creeds as philosophies and approaches to hunting and Endowments that cover all kinds of powers, artifacts and even True Faith. It also seems to be a game about hope and taking back the world from the monsters.

Note: the description is short, the traditional Imbued might be a subtype but not explicitly mentioned? But not a lot of details was given.

Comment

I was a little taken aback too. Disappointed that its still going to be a while before we get even a glimpse of M5 but my guess is that Hunter is an easier lift mechanically based on the already produced mechanics of V5, the hunters in second inquisition book that is upcoming and W5 development. Based on the vagueness of the statement its really not clear what kind of Hunter we are talking about here. Is it imbued hunters with powers like in the old Hunter the reckoning or is it taking a leaf out of the Hunter the Vigil book and presenting different tiers - local mortal hunters, hunter organizations with some special edge and genuinely empowered Hunters? So it may be something more like a mortals book, which would make sense for it to be earlier in the production schedule.

Comment

It seems that the Imbued are definitely out. "The Imbued will not be carried over from the old game"
            CCA: 55 minutes in

Comment

Also in the last few questions it was confirmed that the game will be out before Werewolf, but that they won't commit to dates due to the shipping issues currently plaguing the world.

Comment

…yeah this is a bizarre that they take the name of “Hunter: the Reckoning” but…remove the integral splat tied to it?

Now I’m left with the cynical outlook that they lifted the name purely for branding since I imagine they don’t want to call it “Hunters Hunted 3”

Comment

And Hunter: the Reckoning 2 works better? Though Reckoning had three video games.... so maybe Paradox cares about that more than anything else?

But yeah, I do not understand why WW and now Paradox seem obsessed with making choices that will obviously piss off some old fans, for what can only the be most minor branding rationales. No Reckoning fan is going to appreciate being tossed out of the new edition, and nobody that prefers HH or HtV is going to be excited by using the HtR brand.

Comment

Yeah, like if they wanted to do a book on regular hunters, they should have done a Hunters Hunted 3 or something like OPP's Ghost Hunters where it's a book dedicated to those hunters, with the Imbued like in HH2 being separated from the rest and kept in their gameline. A book that consolidates all the hunters that aren't Imbued, the Society of Leopold or the SI. Fans old and new would have been happy with that. But now they've pissed off old fans of HtR by getting rid of the Imbued and slapping the HtR label on... well I guess all the Hunters now.

Once again it seems that people behind 5E can't help but make at least one major change in each gameline that frustrates and angers people.

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

Originally posted by AkatsukiLeader13 View Post
                      Once again it seems that people behind 5E can't help but make at least one major change in each gameline that frustrates and angers people.
                      I would like to say that at this point I know that's to be expected from 5E...but:

Erasing the entire splat?

Like, wow - I find hard to believe it.

Comment

I never played the original HtR so to me this feels like a fresh start.

Comment

Pros:
                          -I kinda like the idea of hunters hunted and even more with them being at odds with the Second Inquisition (which makes sense btw).
                          -They are keeping supernatural powers.
                          -I'm crossing my fingers for them giving me a DA:Inquisitor like game in the modern age.

Cons:
                          -I liked the imbued.

Btw I think I understand why they want to get rid of the imbued. They were a metaplot-heavy splat intimately tied to D:tF which is a bit hard to sell to new players. I don't like this logic but I can see the reasoning behind it.

Comment

I'm disappointed they decided to cut Imbued out all together but maybe the other changes will make up for that.

Comment

Working...
                            X