Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many templates can be stacked on a single character?( OWoD )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many templates can be stacked on a single character?( OWoD )

Starting condition: we take a common mortal, no special bloodlines or parentage - therefore only acquired splats.

As I remember, those can be acquired by any living human and are not reciprocally incompatible:

- Ghoul
    - Thrall empowered by Torment( Devil's Due )
    - Thrall empowered by faith ( DtF Core )
    - Thrall empowered by soulshaping ( Earthbound )
    - Sorcerer

Yes, they're not many which satisfy the prerequisites. Any other suggestion?

Kinain or Enchanted,
    Kinfolk

Both may exist with the ones you mentioned and may have access to special powers.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
    #AutismPride
    She/her pronouns

Comment

But they cannot be acquired, you must be born with them.

Comment

Cybernetic implants from Demon Hunter X maybe?

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
        Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

True, I forgot it, although you can acquire Enchanted.

But you may be born both Kinfolk and Kinain at the same time and acquire the others.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
          #AutismPride
          She/her pronouns

Comment

Is there anything wraiths can do to empower living humans apart from possessing them? I vaguely remember something about a nephwrack masquerading as a demon and forming a cult, but don't recall if it gave its followers any special abilities.

Comment

Thinking about the original "I Wanna be Half Everything" from WoD, Sam What-the-Fuck-Were-They-Thinking Haight...

Skindancer.

You can be a Ghoul, Thrall, Thrall, Thrall, Sorcerer, Cyber Hunter, and then become a Skindancer.

The best part is that you'll probably still have a more sensible story than our nostalgic ashtray!

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
              #AutismPride
              She/her pronouns

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
                Is there anything wraiths can do to empower living humans apart from possessing them? I vaguely remember something about a nephwrack masquerading as a demon and forming a cult, but don't recall if it gave its followers any special abilities.
                The Malefience power from Doomslayers IIRC. I don't have it with me to check specifics though.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

True Faith (although this benefit might negate most if not all of the others), psychic abilities, certain necromantic/medium powers including projection (i.e. Orpheus), spirit habitation (i.e. Fomori, drone, Kami), spiritual involvement (i.e. shamanism, similar to sorcery), Spectral benefits from Maleficence, Astral Demon Investments (separate from D:tF), and special abilities from other Deep Umbra entities that may or not be already mentioned.

THWarted

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Weingarten View Post
                    True Faith (although this benefit might negate most if not all of the others),
                    It doesn't. By RAW True Faith doesn't affects anything you have yourself, no matter what it is.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
                    #AutismPride
                    She/her pronouns

Comment

The Path of Screams introduced Infernal Faith also, even if it didn't wrote much about the specifics.

Comment

Originally posted by Solomon Draak View Post
                        The Path of Screams introduced Infernal Faith also, even if it didn't wrote much about the specifics.
                        Because it doesn't matter.

True Faith works the same way regardless of religion, its powers simply do not change to fit your belief better. If things as disparate as Wicca, Shinto, Buddhism, Neo Paganism and Christianity follow the same rules, what's the problem with Infernal Faith doing the same?

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
                        #AutismPride
                        She/her pronouns

Comment

Well, because...
                          first, the Dark Age settings is quite clear, there are good guys and bad guys.

Also, it's described differently, as a spiritual storm that causes horror and dread.

Comment

I never thought True Faith as originally presented in the games fit well with benevolent polytheistic religions. The religions where one worships and invokes one deity out of many, each with its own discrete sphere of influence, seem like they would be better represented by hedge magic paths and other such numina that can be customized to the nature of the particular deity. Same goes for infernalism with Dark Thaumaturgy, investments, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
                              The religions where one worships and invokes one deity out of many, each with its own discrete sphere of influence, seem like they would be better represented by hedge magic paths and other such numina that can be customized to the nature of the particular deity.
                              That's not exactly how those religions necessarily work. Believing in the gods and their role in the world isn't the same as invoking their powers through ritual.

As much as True Faith have a selection of effects obviously taken from Christian themes and stories, the basic mechanic is that your conviction in the powers above bring miracles upon the world, and that's a theme that is common across religions.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
                              #AutismPride
                              She/her pronouns

Comment

Working...
                              X