Hunters(Imbueds) regain full power?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunters(Imbueds) regain full power?

So we all know imbueds now are simply shadow of their predecessors, which is said to be true gods but corrupted at last.

So what will happen, if messengers risk creating full-power gods like their ancestors? What will happen if these gods walk on the earth again?

*Although HtR and KotE have some clues, the closest thing we can get maybe Solar in Exalted. I haven’t read it but glimpsed at Ex vs WoD, and found their powers are very broken

There's a whole lot of, "whatever you want," in this scenario. Looking at the Solars makes sense because a lot of the hints about what the Imbued were like before were purposeful Easter eggs to the Solars from when there was a plan to more closely link the two settings. But Exalted moved away from that before it was even published, and even the 1e Solars can grow well past the miracles attributed to what the Imbued could have been if they didn't get limiters put on them.

There's all sorts of ways you can just power up the rules around the Imbued as they are. Demon the Fallen is also a ready source of what sort of powers they might have had in their earlier incarnation.

It really depends on what you where you want them on the WoD power rankings.

Comment

I would suggest looking at the Dark Ages Hunter book for an idea of what a more powerful hunter would look like.

I ran an apocalypse game with unleashed imbued. Things i did to facilitate that was turn Conviction into a power stat instead of pool to be filled. Removed all limits on buying edges, so players bought them like gifts or disciplines in sequence for set xp. And i made some high level edges, based on the stuff for high level qiao for shih hunters.

Lastly i allowed players to buy True Faith. This made them...very strong. It allowed them to kick some serious ass, especially with True Faith.

Comment

Originally posted by hachiman View Post
        I would suggest looking at the Dark Ages Hunter book for an idea of what a more powerful hunter would look like.

I ran an apocalypse game with unleashed imbued. Things i did to facilitate that was turn Conviction into a power stat instead of pool to be filled. Removed all limits on buying edges, so players bought them like gifts or disciplines in sequence for set xp. And i made some high level edges, based on the stuff for high level qiao for shih hunters.

Lastly i allowed players to buy True Faith. This made them...very strong. It allowed them to kick some serious ass, especially with True Faith.
        It’s a good idea. Btw, if using Kindred of the East, full-power Hunter (aka. Wan Xian) may have much fewer limitations and grow much faster. For example their traits limitaiton is 10, their use of chi is limitless and don’t have classification like Yin/Yang, they may buy traits much cheaper

Comment

Working...
        X