Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chances for a 20 years of Hunter The Reckoning?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chances for a 20 years of Hunter The Reckoning?

and yes, my math might be bad xD , but i wanted to know if thats possible or it hasnt even been concidered

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
    ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
    Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
    Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

I'm sure it's possible. Though they probably aren't going to wait for the full 20 years if they do it. I believe the anniversary editions are only being approved a few at a time; to make sure that the fan interest in them stays strong before resources get committed.

Comment

15th edition at most. Look at the year H:tR came out (1999), do you want to wait that long for a 20th edition (2019)?

Rage CCG Collector and Artist. Visit the Rage CCG Forums.

Comment

im bad with math xD!

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
        ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
        Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
        Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

Was thinking this just the other day. I hope it happens, I'm planning on trying to introduce my group to the oWoD through a HtR game, be much easier if they can get ahold of a H20 book, rather than having to look for an existing HtR book. Not that they're that hard to find.

My Commandments for GMs My Commandments for Players

Comment

It's come up in discussion a few times before. Given how recent Hunter is compared with the other cWoD lines, any anniversary treatment or new edition would still be a few years away. Folks from Onyx Path have stated that they just don't plan concretely that far into the future. The schedule published on their website does look pretty far ahead, given the amount of work and number of product releases it represents. Attempting to plan farther out than that would probably be futile since many things can change in the interim.

Who knows what the future will hold?

EDIT Disclaimer: Although I'm a volunteer forum moderator here, I want to make it clear that I don't work directly for Onyx Path in any capacity related to actually making RPGs. I don't have insider information, do not speak for the company when it comes to products and releases, and am just speculating as a fan who's been watching and listening.
            Last edited by Demon Cat; 12-22-2013, 05:22 AM.

Demon Cat

Illuminated Dark Ages character sheets and more

Comment

Originally posted by Demon Cat View Post
              It's come up in discussion a few times before. Given how recent Hunter is compared with the other cWoD lines, any anniversary treatment or new edition would still be a few years away. Folks from Onyx Path have stated that they just don't plan concretely that far into the future. The schedule published on their website does look pretty far ahead, given the amount of work and number of product releases it represents. Attempting to plan farther out than that would probably be futile since many things can change in the interim.
              Ok, how about we compromise: we do a H15 instead? So it'll be released next year rather than 2019

My Commandments for GMs My Commandments for Players

Comment

That would interfere with Wr20. Given that it and Demon skipped straight to Revised and had a scant handful of years on (five as opposed to somewhere between nine and thirteen), it might be best to have an approach other than an anniversary edition.

Comment

I hope not. It and CtD were so horrible they would have to totally rebuild them from the ground up to make it worth it, and by that time, might as well play the far, far superior versions in nWoD.
                  Last edited by Randaconda; 12-25-2013, 05:42 AM. Reason: nWoD, not cWoD

Comment

I'm a HUGE Hunter fan(both Reckoning and Vigil) and have already asked this very question. : ) We're looking at around 2019 for a H20.

Way too early to even begin planning for it, but the thought has run across the minds of OP.

"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger."

Comment

I'd rather have H:tR 2e, personally. Same with Demon.

The *20 books have an eye towards preserving the nostalgic feel and the "core experience" of the games. I'd say that, at least for me, neither of the games I've mentioned were around long enough to develop that fully, and that I'd rather them innovate and get us a good second edition to build off of instead of trying to preserve it in a complete package *20 book.

Mage the Awakening 2e Communal Homebrew Threads:
                      - Perils of the Path - Other homebrew threads linked in the OP!

Join us at the unofficial IRC channels on.irc.sorcery.net at #exalted and now #theonyxpath!

Comment

I'm so down for this. I loved the feel of Reckoning over the Vigil

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_485_1538393298974_786[/ATTACH]

Comment

If We do hunter 20

Id like to make it more crossover friendly and to tone down their "absolute immunity" to mind affecting powers...

Comment

Originally posted by karpomatic View Post
                            I'm so down for this. I loved the feel of Reckoning over the Vigil
                            As do I, my friend.

As do I.

"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger."

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                              If We do hunter 20

Id like to make it more crossover friendly and to tone down their "absolute immunity" to mind affecting powers...
                              I'm going to disagree with the latter part. Their "absolute immunity" is actually only a situational immunity, in addition to being a Conviction-expenditure trap. It's also one of the very few tricks they have that isn't bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Comment

Working...
                              X