Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chances for a 20 years of Hunter The Reckoning?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its just to my eyes makes it almost impossible if Im playing a sadistic supernatural to "Put them in their place"

one of the SAD a sadistic vampire can tell him to go out dreessed in a tutu dancing on mainstreet.

Wil likely devastate him emotionaly, and seriously hurt his crediblety, without actually murdering him

Conviction expenditure Trap? you feel that it will just result in wasting conviction?

Comment

That's kind of the point. They're meant to push back against the casual manipulation of monsters.

That being said, there are plenty of ways to "put them in their place." Half the flaws in Reckoning are based on the assumption that vengeful supernaturals are going to fuck up your life.

Their immunity to mind powers is only active for a limited time when they're using their "Hunter Sight." This is a power innate to their template, like a Vampire healing damage with Blood or a Werewolf getting extra actions with Rage, and like those powers it requires them to spend Conviction to use it. Conviction is not easy to regain, and the only way to advance your Virtues and Edges as an Imbued is to hoard (read: not spend) your Conviction until you have enough to cash in for more powers. This means that any time they want to invoke their immunity to mind powers they are handicapping themselves in the long run. Thus, Imbued have to be very careful about how often they use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
        its just to my eyes makes it almost impossible if Im playing a sadistic supernatural to "Put them in their place"

one of the SAD a sadistic vampire can tell him to go out dreessed in a tutu dancing on mainstreet.

Wil likely devastate him emotionaly, and seriously hurt his crediblety, without actually murdering him

Conviction expenditure Trap? you feel that it will just result in wasting conviction?
        You also can't put a Garou who has spirit of the Frey and rage actions "in their place" because you're probably dead. If its got powers on its sheet its a supernatural being, a Hunter who believes differently is no less delusional than a Malkavian who doesn't believe in Vampires.

Comment

Swinging back to the original thread question...I doubt we'll see an HtR 20th as we envision it now. I'd expect Paradox to want to use the HtR property; it's a concept that lends itself to video games and other media better than, say, Mage or Wraith. So maybe a "new edition" of HtR done by Paradox/White Wolf rather than Onyx Path doing an anniversary edition.

Comment

Originally posted by haldir2012 View Post
            Swinging back to the original thread question...I doubt we'll see an HtR 20th as we envision it now. I'd expect Paradox to want to use the HtR property; it's a concept that lends itself to video games and other media better than, say, Mage or Wraith. So maybe a "new edition" of HtR done by Paradox/White Wolf rather than Onyx Path doing an anniversary edition.
            Wraith and Changeling are basically new editions. Changeling especially. I don't see how this invalidates a potential for Hou=n

Comment

New editions written by Onyx Path, permitted by White Wolf/Paradox because White Wolf/Paradox are not focused on those properties right now. I think by the time we're due for a Hunter 20th, White Wolf/Paradox will be focused on Hunter and want to do it themselves. And we don't yet know what a new White Wolf/Paradox edition of a game looks like.

Comment

I sure hope so. Hunter is my favorite game line. I'd love to revisit it for a 20th anniversary edition.

Hail Hydra.

Comment

Originally posted by haldir2012 View Post
                  New editions written by Onyx Path, permitted by White Wolf/Paradox because White Wolf/Paradox are not focused on those properties right now. I think by the time we're due for a Hunter 20th, White Wolf/Paradox will be focused on Hunter and want to do it themselves. And we don't yet know what a new White Wolf/Paradox edition of a game looks like.
                  We know Paradox Wolf is going to do Vampire, Werewolf and Mage first.. and the others maybe if ever. That gives OP plenty of time to do a CWOD version before a One World of Darkness version shows up.

Comment

I think the bigger concern for H20 is that (like many of the later WoD games) it has one edition and a relatively small assortment of supplements (though nine Creeds helps pad out the number). It doesn't have a lot of appeal for an omnibus style book, because there isn't a whole lot to collect. A new edition approach is possible, but as a Revised era book there's only so much they can do if it stays in line with the other X20 books (keeping in mind that Wraith and Changeling are both games that never had a revised edition, so there's a lot of rules to update on top of a decent selection of supplements to collect).

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
                      I think the bigger concern for H20 is that (like many of the later WoD games) it has one edition and a relatively small assortment of supplements (though nine Creeds helps pad out the number). It doesn't have a lot of appeal for an omnibus style book, because there isn't a whole lot to collect. A new edition approach is possible, but as a Revised era book there's only so much they can do if it stays in line with the other X20 books (keeping in mind that Wraith and Changeling are both games that never had a revised edition, so there's a lot of rules to update on top of a decent selection of supplements to collect).

changeling is going to have some fairly radical changes to arts and realms adding awhole new mechanic. I could easily see a Hunter game that altered Edges and Conviction in a radical fashion. That have all the Creeds in the same book.. and End Game and you have a pretty solid covering of the line.

Comment

I agree, but that's why it's just a concern. The potential developers have to balance changing the rules with putting off the perceived core audience (aka fans of the books as they are).

I don't want H20 to turn Edges in Numina... which turns Imbued into Hunter's Hunted style hunters with a few extra innate perks. Even if that's a way to make Edges a bit easier to use in play.

Changing things can work, but it can be a tough balancing act.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
                          I agree, but that's why it's just a concern. The potential developers have to balance changing the rules with putting off the perceived core audience (aka fans of the books as they are).

I don't want H20 to turn Edges in Numina... which turns Imbued into Hunter's Hunted style hunters with a few extra innate perks. Even if that's a way to make Edges a bit easier to use in play.

Changing things can work, but it can be a tough balancing act.

I'd hate to see Edges turned into Numina, but they could be refined to better do Reckoning.. in theory. I'm not sure how I'd do it but I would never have come up with Unleashings for ARts.

Comment

Unleashing isn't really a fair comparison since it's something that C20 is taking inspiration from DA Fae.

I mean, I have a stack of house rules for HtR regarding just making the mechanics work better for me and my games, but no matter how good I think they are, I can't guarantee they'd appeal to other HtR players; even if they agree they're "better" they might take the game in the wrong direction.

There are somethings that are just balance issues (there's a lot of Edges that sound powerful, but have fairly high difficulties which isn't really that great of a balance, which can be toned back and made easier to activate). But there's also thematic issues like trying to do something about how high Virtues interact with derangements.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post

As do I, my friend.

As do I.
                              Vigil just seems like a nWOD mortals game with perverted social groups. I can and am doing that with the normal WOD/CofD books.

Edit: Sorry, I know its off topic.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_485_1538393298974_786[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by karpomatic View Post
                                Vigil just seems like a nWOD mortals game with perverted social groups. I can and am doing that with the normal WOD/CofD books.

Edit: Sorry, I know its off topic.

Yes and No, the MIB/Technocracy for example would fall closer to endowed conspiracy than itsown splat in CoD. Same with Pentex. The Intrinsic power of Human conspiracies is one major difference between COD and WOD

Comment

Working...
                                X