Merchandise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merchandise

I don't know if this is the right place for this thread, but I had some questions and I hope the staff and any collectors out there can help me.

Does anyone know where I can find a list, or have created one themselves of all the White-Wolf classic Merchandise that was released?

I've collected quite a bit myself, but the types of merchandise I have seem rather inconsistent and I'd like to make sure whether I'm on a wild goose chase with certain items that never existed, but it's hard to find any information. I know about a lot of the more popular things like the Tribe necklaces, Clan pins and the famous Werewolf Klaive and the Assamite kukri dagger. But what about the more obscure stuff?

For example I own a Chessex trademarked Werewolf the Apocalypse coffee mug. I have seen a photo posted on the old forum of their Mage the Ascension mug. Are there other mugs that were created? Vampire? Wraith?

I'm not asking to buy anything from anyone, I'm just trying to find a list of what all the merchandise is.

As a side note I managed to find 2 sets of candle holders. One of them is for Vampire and another for Werewolf. The werewolf one is covered in carvings of all the tribe glyphs in pewter. However I noticed something seemed off about the glyphs. I checked a book and discovered that all of the glyphs were Backwards! XD

There was a Vampire mug with Bradstreet art on it sitting in the lunch room when I started at White Wolf. I think it was Setites, but don't remember for sure.

Cavaliers of Mars Creator
    Retired CofD Lead

Check out my guides to Vampire and my indie games!

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post
      There was a Vampire mug with Bradstreet art on it sitting in the lunch room when I started at White Wolf. I think it was Setites, but don't remember for sure.
      Awesome. I have heard though that staffers got certain merchandise that never got released for mass production due to expense or other issues. Don't suppose you have a photo of the mug?

Comment

I have the Vampire mug and chess set (I'm drinking whiskey from the mug as I type this). I used to have the other mugs - and they only did the big 3 - but I gave them away as gifts. I've seen the glasswares - Brujah shot glass, Malkavian hurricane glass, Toreador wine glass and a simple Vampire branded wine glass. There was also all the stationary, which you can still find floating around the internet. Let's see... Zippos (Vampire, Camarilla, Sabbat), flask (Vampire), rings (Camarilla and Sabbat), necklaces... you already mentioned the Clan pins and the Tribe necklaces. It's lte and I don't feel like digging my box out of the office closet, but there's some more. I was more into Vampire when all the merchandise came out, and it was their biggest seller, so that's why there's so much Vampire stuff.

Cheers!

If you don't use an Oxford comma, I feel bad for you, son,
        'Cuz I got ninety-nine problems, but clarity ain't one.

Comment

Nothing: WW put out a Chess set? COOL BEANS! Can you post a photo of it?

I do have a few zippos and I came across a Convention only merch Vampire Bottle opener. I did not know about the flask, wine glasses or the rings though I guess rings would figure hmm? I did manage to get my hands on a prop blood bag from the Kindred the Embraced series. But I don't think that's quite Merchandise. I vaguely remember the stationary, but it was only for Vampire. I appreciate the help though and if you're rested some time and bored I'd love to know what's in your collection.

Comment

Off the top of my head (Let me know what I missed).

For Werewolf/Rage:
            Rage Baseball cap (I've posted the image of it long ago on LJ, the product comes from White Wolf's Fashion Victim)
            Rage T-Shirt
            Umbra set Posters (Rage CCG)
            W:tA Posters
            W:tA T-Shirt (Black with orange logo and orange message on back)
            W:tA T-Shirt (I don't own this, but it had a werewolf on it.)
            Pentex Polo Shirt
            W:tA Mug (I also have this, bought from White Wolf online. It's red with white lighting marks and has the W:tA logo.)
            W:tA Candle Holder
            W:tA Pin (At least two versions of this)
            W:tA Tattoos (Each by Tribe)
            W:tA Necklaces (Each by Tribe, each by breed except for the Ajaba and Bastet Clans)
            W:tA Zippo Lighter
            W:tA Necklaces, Pins, Earrings made by Java Crypt (Each by Tribe and Wisdom/Glory/Honor)
            Rage Plastic Deck Container (Made by Chessex? I remember seeing it once long ago, but I never bought it. It's pinkish red plastic with the Rage logo on it.)
            Rage Binder with Umbra Promo (Made by Chessex)
            W:tA Book Covers, Regular and Gold (Made by Chessex)
            W:tA leather Dicebags (Each by Tribe, saw this on ebay once)
            W:tA Dice (Comes with Plastic Tube to put them in.)
            W:tA miniatures (Ral Partha)
            MET W:tA Gift Deck
            W:tWW Poker Deck
            Werewolf Klaive
            Werewolf Klaive pouch

Prototypes for things never released:
            Rage Wars Minaitures
            W:tA Action Figures (Al, Mari, and Margrave)
            Last edited by Laughing Hyena; 12-24-2013, 02:11 PM.

Rage CCG Collector and Artist. Visit the Rage CCG Forums.

Comment

Laughing: Wow... that's a lot of merchandise for Werewolf. I have quite a few of those things. The Pentex Polo makes me laugh. I had no idea about those. The Necklaces and Pins from Java's Crypt are the hardest for me to find. (All I want is a GW one darnit!) Don't forget in the necklaces part they also released a sterling silver mini-Klaive pendant. Bought one for my BF, never got it back when we split. I also believe the Werewolf dice were released in tube alone or tube and dice bag. I managed to snag 3 of them from old game friends. The Rage Plastic deck container I remember and found it sort of disappointing. I had no idea that the Klaive replica had a pouch. I've never seen pictures of it, just the custom leather sheath that one proud owner had made for their Klaive.
              Last edited by Darling_Rose; 12-26-2013, 09:26 AM. Reason: typos! arg!

Comment

Where is thw W:tA flamethrower?

Onyx Path Kickstarters I back.
                W20, MtC, CB20, DtD, MtAs20, BotW20, Wraith 20th.

Comment

Originally posted by PaladinDemo View Post
                  Where is thw W:tA flamethrower?
                  I'm pretty sure that belongs to hunter the reckoning merchandise.

Comment

Lets expand this a bit. Anyone have all the dice sets? I've seen pictures of some special Vampire dice with red tips before.

Comment

Originally posted by Darling_Rose View Post
                      Lets expand this a bit. Anyone have all the dice sets? I've seen pictures of some special Vampire dice with red tips before.
                      There have been WoD themed dice sets that weren't licensed and then there have been chessex dice. I have two - solid black with golden numbers and a rose instead of "1" and dark green with red numbers and an ankh instead of "1".
                      Here's a link to chessex: http://www.chessex.com/Dice/Specialty%20Dice/29003.htm

To a player who wanted his character to attend a very "special" school:
                      There is no Charles F. Lupus school for gifted werewolves.

Comment

The original Werewolf dice were produced in Europe. While the numbering and colors were not unique, the combination of colors is something that is not currently in production, which meant that a custom order has to be made to purchase them. Minimum quantities are 2,000 at a time and shipping to the US was in the hundreds of dollars for that 2,000 quantity. That was just for the standard 1-0 numbered dice. Unfortunately, the moon-phase dice were trademarked icons, so I couldn't get those made (plus, it would have been a separate run with custom molds of 2,000 or so of those too) so I didn't have those made when I reproduced the W:tA dice. However, I think that the W:tA dice were the only ones with a custom mold anyways. But others that were custom-colored would still have to be made in larger quantities, packaged, and stored.

- Arthur "Torakhan" Dreese David "Wall-of-Text" Tealdeer - US2012070036​ - Grand Rapids, MI

V:tM 20thHunters Hunted IIAnarchs UnboundW:tA 20thW20 Changing BreedsExalted 3rd EditionM:tA 20thW20BotW

Comment

This is one of the weirder ones I've seen, and I somehow ended up with one:

Demon Cat

Illuminated Dark Ages character sheets and more

Comment

Originally posted by Torakhan View Post
                            The original Werewolf dice were produced in Europe. While the numbering and colors were not unique, the combination of colors is something that is not currently in production, which meant that a custom order has to be made to purchase them. Minimum quantities are 2,000 at a time and shipping to the US was in the hundreds of dollars for that 2,000 quantity. That was just for the standard 1-0 numbered dice. Unfortunately, the moon-phase dice were trademarked icons, so I couldn't get those made (plus, it would have been a separate run with custom molds of 2,000 or so of those too) so I didn't have those made when I reproduced the W:tA dice. However, I think that the W:tA dice were the only ones with a custom mold anyways. But others that were custom-colored would still have to be made in larger quantities, packaged, and stored.
                            Wow, trust Torakhan to come through with the most information, but to shame us all in dedicated fandom. I wish I had known about your dice sets sooner, I would have totally ordered a bunch. The dice I found are also a pearl copper but they are much too bright. Think New Penny copper. I found them in bulk on Ebay. Copper color, white numbering, but I have painted some silver. Still bright but serviceable for newbies who want werewolf-ish dice and aren't too picky.

I have noticed something though with the three werewolf sets with Moon dice that I have gotten my paws on. Each one is different in shading. I had an original set that my brother and I shared and it was a sort of yellower brown pearl color. (Will try and take pictures) My brother used to call the werewolf dice Crap dice because to him, they looked like polished turds. I was inclided to agree with him until I managed to win another two sets from someone off of Ebay. Both sets came in original claw marked bag pouches and had the moon dice included, but they were a darker brown pearl color. Almost grayish brown and actually, looked much more turd-like compared to my first set. Over the years I've lost some of my original set and now I can't seem to match it to any other Werewolf dice set. I'll try and post pictures when I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Demon Cat View Post
                              This is one of the weirder ones I've seen, and I somehow ended up with one:

That is seriously awesome. I should post a pic of the Blood bag I found. XD

Comment

Working...
                              X