Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of books would you like in the future?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of books would you like in the future?

Hi guys,

I don’t know if that kind of thread already exist, but i didn’t find one. The idea is to collect your wishes for futures projects for the cWoD collection and, why not, submit it to the OPP team.

Here are my personal whishes:

- V20:
    • Guide to the Unknown (First ed was a really disappointment)
    • Book of Antiquity: I don’t know what should be the form, just a sourcebook or a stand-alone as DA, but I would really loved to have some details Of Rome, Sparte, Carthage and stuff like that. Background, new rules and that kind of things. It would make a great KS too.
    • Guide to the laibon
    - W20:
    • Tribebook Bunyip
    • A campaign focused on Umbra. I always had trouble to create a specific campaign on that theme.
    - M20:
    I never really play this game, so I’m just following the movement without really new idea on it.

- Wr 20:
    • A book focused on the American civil war would be interesting!
    - C20:
    • A core rulebook? ;-)

And you ?

Aside what is already announced/planned to come out for W20, V20, my which list is really small:

W20
    • Tribebook: Croatan (I'm aware that Croatan song also acts as their clanbook, but still).
    • Tribebook: Bunyip
    • DA: Mummy (or a Mummy sourcebook for DA)
    • DA: Wraith (or a Wraith sourcebook for DA)
    Last edited by Boneguard; 01-21-2015, 07:19 AM. Reason: Added the 2 DA product to my list

Comment

My Wishlist goes something like this.

M20
      • M20 Traditions Gathered + Guide to the Traditions
      • M20 Conventions Gathered + Guide to the Conventions.
      • M20 Digital Web ?.0 + Infinite Tapestry + Horizon

C20
      • The lost Book of Glamour and Kithbook Boggan
      • New setting books for All the kingdoms. Pacifica, Apples, Willows, Northern Ice, ALL of them.
      • A mini-book like the Silver Record, or the Book of Nod, a little leatherette piece for Changelings on Fae History. (Ahem, all in Shakespearean pentameter)
      • Revised Books of Houses maybe all in one Volume
      • Expanded Kithbooks all around. Maybe also all in one Volume. Maybe rules for making/ Adapting new Kith
      • New and expanded rules for the Dreaming and what goes on there.

Comment

For Changeling 20, I hope we'll get a great corebook with all the arts, realms and Kithain kiths + Gallain info in the same way Changing Breeds were featured in W20 and them we could have a Book of Gallain with all the expended info for Nunnehi, Inanimae, Menehune, Thallain, Hsien, Adhene...
        After that, I hope we finally could have Keys to the Kingdom with info about places that Changeling never talked about (South America, Egypt, Near East...).
        A book about other Kingdoms would be great. And one book about the Dreaming much bigger than Dreams and Nightmares.
        And a book about Fomorians would be fantastic!

Comment

HtR20
          DtF20
          An Aprils Fools 20 year book
          a 20 year Setting book for asia
          A World of Darkness 20 Years

Los Angels: Blood, Rage, And Shattered Dreams. A setting book for Vampire, Werewolf and Mage
          WtO20: Viva La Revolucion (A Wraith book for South America and the Revoluciones and Dictatorships)
          WtO20: By Sea, Air and Land. A setting book for The Titanic, The Hiddenburg and The Midnight Express
          WtO20: Spook Hunters or How i learn to be A Bioexorcist: A book detailing how humans exploit Hauntings with TV shows and Reality Shows (and how to build your own GhostHunters or Ghost Facers team) and how do Wraiths handle Spooking and scaring people away from their homes.

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
          ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
          Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
          Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

Originally posted by Crowley View Post
            HtR20
            WtO20: By Sea, Air and Land. A setting book for The Titanic, The Hiddenburg and The Midnight Express
            I like that idea. Though the Midnight Express got its own book. I think including the Amagasaki rail crash would fit in. I'm sure the driver has got plenty of unresolved issues (given the harsh training and treatment conductors are given and being over-stressed) and it would be a good chance to include some non-western stuff.

V:TM
            -A book on the bloodlines.
            -Vienna, Brasila, Cape Town, Madrid or Amsterdam by Night

W:TO
            -A book on the Heretics.

See my splat, Angel: The Revelation (With a MUCH better link): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...qUnP1fcl-0/pub

Comment

Originally posted by Darling_Rose View Post
              My Wishlist goes something like this.

M20
              • M20 Traditions Gathered + Guide to the Traditions
              • M20 Conventions Gathered + Guide to the Conventions.
              • M20 Digital Web ?.0 + Infinite Tapestry + Horizon
              +1 for basically reading my mind on my wish list.

Comment

A few that I'd really like:

1.) Beckett's Jihad Diary to be done in volumes. Or even possibly as a sort of magazine, taking trips through the metaplot as the character likewise travels the world. This could even be expanded a bit to include a look at some of the other setting metaplots, too.

2.) A World of Darkness redone. A book that takes a look at the setting WoD and how it plays out all over the world, with some small hooks and tips about each.

3.) A WoD neutral Storyteller's Guide to Crossovers, and a smaller Player's Guide, focusing on tips and tricks, playstyles, and suggestions.

4.) I'd much rather see Hunter the Reckoning 20th than anything else that hasn't been officially announced yet, (Demon, Mummy, KotE, etc. . ) Not really sure if this counts, as much as I'd rather have it than any of the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Lion View Post
                  Hi guys,

I don’t know if that kind of thread already exist, but i didn’t find one. The idea is to collect your wishes for futures projects for the cWoD collection and, why not, submit it to the OPP team.

Here are my personal whishes:

- V20:[*]Book of Antiquity: I don’t know what should be the form, just a sourcebook or a stand-alone as DA, but I would really loved to have some details Of Rome, Sparte, Carthage and stuff like that. Background, new rules and that kind of things. It would make a great KS too.[*]Guide to the laibon
                  Yes please! A core book on Classical Antiquity would be awesome!

Guide to Laibon would also be very welcome, as would a book on Cainites of the East written in the same style.

Comment

Originally posted by Alucard View Post

Yes please! A core book on Classical Antiquity would be awesome!

Guide to Laibon would also be very welcome, as would a book on Cainites of the East written in the same style.
                    Apart from the Cainites of the East, which we have see Winds from the East or whatever the books name was, these would be awesome. And of course KotE20th would be awesome as well.

Comment

Based on what I've seen from posts, I'm betting the Reckoning and Kindred of the East have enough of a dedicated fan-base to get 20th Ed, Kickstarter and all. The success of the Wraith20 KS and the upcoming Changeling20 show that Onyx is cool with going for the games other than the "Big Three". (Though, technically, I guess KoE is a part of Vampire, so KoE20 COULD get handled as a supplement to V20, but.... they're really really different in so many ways, maybe it's time for it to put on big boy pants and go it alone...)

I'm not sure about Fallen. I would like to think so, but I'm not sure. Though I have it and have read the core book, I haven't gotten a chance to try to run or play it, so I'm not really qualified to speak about it. (Though I'd certainly like to hear more from DtF partisans.)

Mummy.... No. I don't think so. I like it (and did run a brief chronicle.... man those guys are powerful), but I don't like the chances for it. At all. Maybe V20 can pick that one up as well as KotE20? A sort of "People that were once dead but aren't anymore, kinda like vampires, only not...."

I am a pessimist so I'm going to keep my wish list to things it's likely I'll get way. It minimizes the potential for future disappointment....

Comment

Now that I think about it, a setting book for V:TM (and to a lesser extent, the others) set in Ancient Rome.

See my splat, Angel: The Revelation (With a MUCH better link): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...qUnP1fcl-0/pub

Comment

i was thinking on an interesting setting book

World of Darkness: A Ring a Ding Ding.
                          A setting book set in LAs Vegas and Hollywood from the years 1940 to the 1960s. involving The Mafias, Fame, Fortune , Violence and how the supernatural has cope and has faced this eras.

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
                          ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
                          Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
                          Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

Originally posted by Yaoi Huntress Earth View Post
                            Now that I think about it, a setting book for V:TM (and to a lesser extent, the others) set in Ancient Rome.
                            How about ancient Carthage?

Comment

what i want (among other things) is a mage book that is nothing but one big list of rotes and"how you do x" and similar things. like i think mage awakening already has

Comment

Working...
                              X