Explain a Movie/TV Show/Comic in WoD terms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explain a Movie/TV Show/Comic in WoD terms

the idea is simple, one throws a movie, a tv show , comic, novel etc... the rest must try and explain it in World of Darkness terms (as clans/stats if possible or why is thathappening)
    Example: Blade is about a 14th generation half breed brujah taking down the local camarilla chapter leaded by an anti tribe toreador , who wants to diabolize the political group.

ok..Here it goes: Explain..Poltergeist the movies in Wraith terms

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
    ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
    Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
    Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Kindred The Embraced: The Story of A Venture Prince and his struggle with maintaining his domain whilst dealing with a strange affection for a mortal lady. There is some Detective Guy too. Also they walk in daylight. This clearly cheating.

Comment

Event Horizon: Void Engineer fucks up when using when attempting use the sphere of DS to make a device to create interdenominational gate ways but ends up creating a gateway to oblivion in the shadow lands.

Big Trouble in Little China: Sleeper stumbles upon a war between two sects of the Akashic Brotherhood one of which is led by a Kuei-Jin.

John Carpenter's Vampires: Non-Imbued Hunters face off agaisnt and elder kindred trying to use a ritual to reach Golconda

Comment

Originally posted by Crowley View Post
        . . . Explain..Poltergeist the movies in Wraith terms
        Heretic cult led by a charismatic (and evil) leader gets pissed off at a family that moves into a house built on their desecrated graves (and -possibly - damaged fetters). However, while trying to haunt the family into leaving, the leader notices the daughter is supernaturally sensitive. Deciding she's the key to achieving Transcendence, the Heretic leader drags her through a rift in the Shroud, holding her prisoner in the Shadowlands until the family rescues her.

Comment

ok...What about Grim Fandango or The Lost Boys

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).

Comment

Lost Boys is about a young undead Jack Bauer and an incompetent bunch of Anarchs.

Comment

Where the Dead go to Die: 3 wraith each go through a harrowing and fail

Schizophreniac: The Whore Mangler: A malkavian ghoul goes on a rampage, hilarity ensues?

Insidious: A skimmer must save his son a fellow skimmer from spectre's

Atop the Forth Wall: A Son of Ether fight against the forces of Threat Null and other entity's of the void all while using the guise of his ordeals as a a web show to avoid suffering paradox

Animorphs: Verbena mages fight against the Technocracy

Comment

Pink Floyd's The Wall. Go.

Comment

An Ecstatic suffers a massive Paradox backlash and is trapped in a Quiet that shows him all the failings and fears of his life. Ultimately he breaks free and finds himself enlightened.

What doesn't kill you, makes you... stranger.

Comment

Ok, Swamp Thing (Alan Moore) and Child's Play

Comment

Swamp Thing: A powerful plant Spirit possess a botanist becoming a Kami and seeking out a corrupted Son of Ether.

Child's Play: A bokor uses his last ritual to transfer his spirit into a child's toy. When his energies is running low he kills to replenish himself.

Onyx Path Kickstarters I back.
                      W20, MtC, CB20, DtD, MtAs20, BotW20, Wraith 20th.

Comment

would the blair witch be about a bunch of kids investigating an old verbena turned barabi?

Comment

Blair Witch: A group of kids investigating an old ghost story, but turns out they disturbed a Spectre that believes it was a witch.
                          Blair Witch 2: Second verse same as the first, only tweak group of kids with drunken tourists plus one hot psychic goth. And the Spectre is more powerful not only crossing over into the Skinlands but influencing and manipulating them and their possessions and technology.

Onyx Path Kickstarters I back.
                          W20, MtC, CB20, DtD, MtAs20, BotW20, Wraith 20th.

Comment

The Ring

Thirteen Ghosts

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy711 View Post
                              The Ring

Thirteen Ghosts
                              The Ring, a Nerphwrack used a fetter to torture and haunt people

Probably a Medium or Order of Hermes/Barrabi using a machine fueled by nerphwracks or spectres that represent the Dark Tarot
                              Last edited by Crowley; 02-17-2015, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X