X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crowley
    replied
    ok...Movies, this is a hard one but...my TO GO MOVIES are
    The Man Who Fell to Earth. yes, the david bowie one.

Hellraiser 1 & 2, possibly 3

The Mothman Prophecies .

Prince of Darkness

Evil Dead (Fede Alves)

It (Pennywise itself is a fucking earthbound)

City of Angels: Yeah, the nicolas cage one...i always seen the angels as slayers in a more romantic touch or view.

Babadook

Hereditary

Burnbright (the evil superman movie)

Good Omens

American Gods (YES I SAID IT!)

The Exorcist TV Show

Preacher has some interesting concepts when it comes to Hell

The End of Days: The fucking devil in that movie is an earthbound, he is posessing a human body and he only lets go of it when its way too damaged.

The devil's House

We are Still Here.

Masters of Horror's Cigarette Burn.

The neil gaiman short story "Murder Mystery."

Urghhh.......Devilman Crybaby has some interesting ideas....if only the characters were you know...LESS STERIOTYPES AND MORE THINKING PEOPLE!.

Leave a comment:

• HardestadtTheEvenYounger
    replied
    The Conjuring 2, Annabelle, Annabelle:Creation and The Nun all feature appropriately frightening demons even if they change between Reliquaries and hosts far more than the Fallen could realistically do.

Leave a comment:

replied
    What modern movies would you see that might serve as inspiration for Demon?
    I'll start: The Ritual 2017 is an almost perfect representation of an Earthbound whose reliquary is the land itself.
    Last edited by HardestadtTheEvenYounger; 03-17-2019, 11:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Crowley
    replied
    Originally posted by magnus666 View Post
    Can demons see the living inhabitants of the skinlands and perceive them while being in the shadowlands or does the veil block it?

im pretty sure the veil would block it

Leave a comment:

replied

Supernatural is a garbage show but the new season did something right by giving us a good example of a low-Torment Apocalyptic form.

Leave a comment:

• magnus666
    replied
    Can demons see the living inhabitants of the skinlands and perceive them while being in the shadowlands or does the veil block it?

Leave a comment:

replied
    I was wondering if someone was happening to be running an online Demon game. This seems like the best game I'll never get to play.
    Last edited by HardestadtTheEvenYounger; 08-07-2018, 01:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nyrufa
    replied
    Originally posted by Crowley View Post
    Rabisu would fit like a glove

That's what I was thinking, too.

I was also considering their apocalyptic form being some kind of demonic bear, since some cultures view the bear to be a symbol of love.

Leave a comment:

• Crowley
    replied
    Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
    I have an idea for a Faustian who seeks to create a new paradise on earth. Unlike the one that was lost after the rebellion, this one would be free of God's influence, thus proving that mortals didn't need God to be happy. Unfortunately, spending thousands of years in the Abyss has tainted the Faustian's interpretation of what constitutes as 'paradise.' The effects of their Torment result in the spreading of anarchy, in which the wants of the individual outweigh the needs of the masses. Most of their cultists turn to the demon seeking to achieve their desires in a more expedient fashion than earning them through proper merit.

Haven't decided which kind of demon to make them, yet. I'm thinking either a Rabisu or Lammasu?
    Rabisu would fit like a glove

Leave a comment:

• Nyrufa
    replied
    I have an idea for a Faustian who seeks to create a new paradise on earth. Unlike the one that was lost after the rebellion, this one would be free of God's influence, thus proving that mortals didn't need God to be happy. Unfortunately, spending thousands of years in the Abyss has tainted the Faustian's interpretation of what constitutes as 'paradise.' The effects of their Torment result in the spreading of anarchy, in which the wants of the individual outweigh the needs of the masses. Most of their cultists turn to the demon seeking to achieve their desires in a more expedient fashion than earning them through proper merit.

Haven't decided which kind of demon to make them, yet. I'm thinking either a Rabisu or Lammasu?

Leave a comment:

• Beriorn
    replied
    How many points does the Ink Cloud form ability cost? The power's listed in the Players Guide, but there's no cost listed there. Can I find this cost somewhere else?

Leave a comment:

• Crowley
    replied
    Originally posted by Beriorn View Post
    I know it's a double post, but I'm wondering something: are the Fallen aware of how possession works? Or do they have to figure it out on the fly? This covers everything from the initial ability to how discorporation and subsequent options (finding a new body, becoming Earthbound etc). Going by chapter 4 of the core book we have Ahrimal explain the basics to his thrall, but we don't know how he figure it all out. Is it instinctive, or did he (like all other demons) have to figure it out himself?
    im aiming towards the "Its instintive"

Leave a comment:

• Beriorn
    replied
    I know it's a double post, but I'm wondering something: are the Fallen aware of how possession works? Or do they have to figure it out on the fly? This covers everything from the initial ability to how discorporation and subsequent options (finding a new body, becoming Earthbound etc). Going by chapter 4 of the core book we have Ahrimal explain the basics to his thrall, but we don't know how he figure it all out. Is it instinctive, or did he (like all other demons) have to figure it out himself?

Leave a comment:

• Beriorn
    replied
    Originally posted by racain23 View Post
    Is there any chance of DtF getting a "V20" remake? Without the religious theme decent just seems a little dull.
    We don't know yet. The changes we're seeing with 5th edition oWoD might mean that we don't get more 20th anniversary editions. Or we might get Demon20 anyways. There's quite a bit of stuff in there that can fit in a book that HAS to be exactly 666 pages long. I'd go with a chapter order like this:

- Book 1: Elohim
    Chapter 1: A World of Darkness (lore stuff)
    Chapter 2: Houses of Darkness (the seven Houses and five Factions)
    - Book 2: Sebettu
    Chapter 3: Characters (character creation)
    Chapter 4: Lores & Forms (the various powers of the Fallen, as well as the rules for DIY Apocalyptic Forms)
    Chapter 5: Rules (How 2 WoD)
    Chapter 6: Dramatic Systems (How 2 WoD 2: WoD Harder)
    Chapter 7: Relics & Rituals (rules for relics and how to make them as well as rituals and how to perform them)
    - Book 3: Earthbound
    Chapter 8: Storytelling (for the ST)
    Chapter 9: Pacts & Thralls (how to make Thralls, how to interact with them and how Pacts work)
    Chapter 10: Antagonists (enemies, as well as rules on how to make Earthbound)
    - Appendix
    Merits & Flaws: Exactly what you think.

And Demon: The Descent is an entirely different beast. It's less traditional demons and more like James Bond meets The Matrix with a hint of Dogma.

Leave a comment:

• racain23
    replied
    Is there any chance of DtF getting a "V20" remake? Without the religious theme decent just seems a little dull.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X