No announcement yet.

Demon The Fallen Thread. For is better to Rule in Earth than Serve in Heaven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demon The Fallen Thread. For is better to Rule in Earth than Serve in Heaven

Good Evening.
    I Am Crowley, i been running DtF for a couple of years now and i noticed that lately, theres been A LOT of questions about one of my favorite games (Demon: The Fallen). For which i decided to make this thread to share ideas, questions, and suggestions about this beautiful game.
    I must state a few things before, i have Never read any fiction of DtF (Even if i have Lucifer's Shadow but i havent made the time to read it), and i have never read or lied my eyes upon Houses of The Fallen (Probably because i cant seem able to find it in physical form).

Other than that, Feel free to ask and suggest what ever you wish and desire.

Personally, i did a little Homebrewing on the Lores, making them less like "Disciplines" like the ones of Vampires and more in atunnement with the Spheres from Mage. Concidering that demons are Reality Builders in the original sense.
    Im not a huge expert on rituals but i can do some little bit more of reseach when it comes to it.

Some of my personal views

To me, Demon the Fallen is a Religious game with a lot of Lovecraftian Overtones. Fill with Regret, Damnation, Depression (Yes. to some degree i found this game AS depressing as Wraith)

The Abyssm: its a Lovecraftian dream come truth, a place fill with hatred, regret and guilt. Always alone but fill with screams of agony (both inside your head and the ones of your Brothers). a Place where you are Always alone (but encapsulated in a way that you can hear others around you). Always dark, Always Hungry (to the point where youre forced to Mutilate yourself and eat your own flesh to survive). A place where the human mind Cant withstand it or Cant Comprehend it.
    In my games if ANY creature thats not a demon, gets casted away into the Abysm. He will try to commit suicide just for the sheer horror and theres no way to come back "Sane" from that place, even if youre for less than a minute, your character will be broken in such a way that all his willpower will be erased, his virtues will stop working and you will be a broken shadow of your formerself, only wanting to Die..or perhaps even too afraid of Dying and Going to That place (Had players who thought that bad people went into the Abysm)

Torment: Its not parasitic, but would almost seem like it. Can you get ridden of it?
    In my games, No through outside influence...but Yes through your own Sheer willpower and doing "Good" (that, and 10 exp once your temporal Torment reaches Zero).

What happends if a Mage "Removes" the torment away?.
    A sheer experience of the bigest horrors that a Human Mind can see. Even if this were to be ripped out, the pure horror of this eldtrich contamination (IF you wish to see it like this) would go back onto his original Host...but would make the people around do rolls of willpower dificulty 8 and at least 6 successed in order not to go insane for its mere presence.

Character Creation, Whats so Different in your Campaings

This is actually interesting. The way I do it its this, i allow the player to Pick a house, Pick his lores (if they are older than the Halaku/Slayers. i give them Lore of Fundament and Humanity) And i allow them to pick their Apocalyptic Forms, Score faith and Score torment..And the Angelic/Demonic Backgrounds (But i dont allow them to start with Thralls or Cult).
    Then, i describe how they Break free into The World (and describe towers, buildings, cars and such in the most Eldtrich fashion possible to the Fallen ones).

Now its where it gets interesting... I dont let them Create the human that they will possess..
    I Rather offer them a Number of Humans (with their points already distributed, merits and flaws and such) already done. and once these humans die, i allow the players to get a hold of one of these (the deaths are instant but i give limited time to the player to pick which human to possess).

I been thinking it a couple of times on doing the process backwards. To allow them to play as a Human and let them Die (for them, it was an accident or a dream) and get the players possessed by demons i Designed with out them notice

What happends when a Demon Dies?
    If you mean erase it out of existance?. on my games at least, i feel that they are a nesesary hook to their creations. What i mean by this?, you cant kill the Angel of Blood (given an example) in a way that you utterly destroy it (NO, I DONT MEAN CONSUME IT. BUT I MEAN AS A MAGE ERASING THIS BEEING OUT OF EXISTANCE) OR his creation will fade with him.

But what happend with demons which creations dont exist anymore like Unicorns or some rare animals?
    The creation might be lost, but that doesnt mean that they are out of the game. in a more poetical sense they are "Kings with out a Kingdom to Rule."

Ok, But What would change RP wise if my demon created some particular metal?
    In my games, i allow demons to manipulate more Easly elements that they Created. Yes, this can be overpower if the player knows what he is doing. but the idea is not to let him know until advanced into the game
    Example: My trademark character Crowley (Alastor, Angel of Vengeance) is fighting someone just "Because". if Theres no Implicit vengeance, he uses his lores normally or rolls normal damage.
    IF crowley is claiming vengeance upon someone who he belives, deserves to be avenged or punished in the name of Vengeance. Then he has an +1 Damage and his lores related to Vengeance against one individual are -1 difficulty..As long as that individual is Alive or as long the Vengeance is taking place against this individual. The only limit is that Crowley must decide if based upon the thrall story or in whats going on, if its worth to be Avenged. (so yeah, he cant use this bonus if he is avenging you because someone took your parking place. but because of something bigger and epic in scale...Think V For Vendetta or The Crow)

These are some of my personal homebrews.

• HardestadtTheEvenYounger
    replied

It...it speaks to me through chaotic sensations that only great fancy can transmute into sounds.
    It tells me that "We must find the Morningstar!"
    Last edited by HardestadtTheEvenYounger; 06-29-2019, 08:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Eldagusto
    replied
    So just wondering, maybe I should make this another thread, they talk about rumors of Mortal Sorcerers discovering how to Eat Demon Spirits. What do you think the effects would be? This would be a good source of antagonists, Mortal Ritualists with Access to Lores and maybe developing Demonic Form Traits from Eating Celestial souls.

Leave a comment:

• Aleph
    replied
    Originally posted by Prometheas
    I think the Ravagers run into the same problem as the Nephandi on that point.
    Nephandi at least can believe that by freeing the lords of Outer Dark That Were Here Before Creation (or the Wyrm) they can bring out the end...They may be wrong, but they don't have a way of knowing before trying

The problem with Ravagers it's that they ARE those Dark Lords That Existed Before...and still don't have a reliable way to *do* it.

One would think that having built the universe they would know how to unravel it's principles and what forces need to be defeated in order to do so. It would be nice for them to have an overcomplicated, perhaps even impossible, plan to do it...and that's all I'm asking

I mean, If I'm Sabbat I know I have to eat the Antediluvians. I'm certain to fail (or worse, "succeed" like Tremere) but at elast I can strive to *go* there and make some advances eating lesser Elders, defeating the *puppets of the Camarilla*, and dancing wildly with the ritaes, to sligthlty improve my chances. Or that's what the Elders say...

...the point isn't that is a *lie* but that *I* as player can do something with it (and the ST hasn't to tell me to do so)

The Faustions I kind of understand, they first and foremost need to replenish enough to get back to where they were during the War with Heaven. It's kind of hard to build a faith based super-weapon when most of them barely have enough faith to survive, let alone be in apocolyptic form 24/7. Second, it sounds like they'd need a way of sustainably awakening or at least empowering enough thralls with some semblance of magic. They're currently lesser versions of themselves all around and having a supply of mages/sorcerers (who aren't trying to bind them as slaves, I'm looking at you Order of Hermes) become a collective powerful enough to rival The Creator was kind of the original plan. Finally, they need to figure out where in the Tellurian that Heaven/The Host/God actually Is so that they can start laying down some vengeance fueled carpet-bombings.
    So...the Faustians are in survival mode and trying to re-build an army to bring the world back to the age of War?. And then want to create mages to do their job for them?. "Hell needs YOU" mentality it's interesting, but needs a lot more develop, because merely building personal pacts helps yourself, but it'sway too little for the army.

For instance, it would be nice if they were stated to be grooming mages/Sorcerers, if that's what they want. For real. Because that's not what thralls are. Thralls may have one or two low level powerz (most humans can't really muster the Faith potential to learn more), but they can't learn, they can't teach, they're just an extension of your own power. A faction that spreads magic and has to fend against others that want those secrets to remain secret may have something for the players to do

Right now Earthbounds are much closer to the goal of "living like in the days of the War" (with their Cthulhu ancient citadels and big cults funneling faith) - but they're crazy and alone. What if Faustians had found a waith to "co opt" such "faith technology" w/o all the insanity and more organization? - they just need to test their theories...and that's where the players enter

It would be nice if there was some data about how the Faustians build their *power base*, then. They could be a veritable "Camarilla" of Demons combined with "Black Hand" if they were working as an "Order of the Old Ways"

Go outside and make lots of pacts to survive it's nice, but it's not much of a long-term goal for the players by itself (and, really. ANY Demon that values a steady supply of Faith has that goal).

Luciferians and Cryptics have the easiest goals by far for sure.
    Indeed they have. Still, for the Cryptics I have to point out that "go outside and learn supernatural stuff - what stuff?, any stuff as we know nothing about what's going on" it's not much of a guide. Luciferians at least have an idea about what they have to find and very good reasons to do so (them being the loyalist of a headless army and all that).

The Redeemers are there too.
    They have it easier than Ravagers, but they're fucked by the book stating that Redemption it's a myth, nobody managed it, and there's 0 leads about how to get it.

A Vampire that wants to reach Redemption has vague legends, in particular the Golconda, to follow. That led to a bajillon of stories like the Inconnu, wizards that may make it possible (but at what costs!), and other esoteric misteries that allow a degree of freedom, like the Children of Osiris.

What do Demon players have? - a book telling them that no one has a clue, it may well be impossible, but Demons have Faith so lower your Torment and pray all day, maybe the ST it's nice and invents something for you
    Last edited by Aleph; 06-06-2019, 09:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Prometheas
    replied
    Originally posted by Aleph View Post

Indeed, and one of the problems in Demon it's the little to nothing they elaborate these points.

For instance, if I'm a Ravager, I want to destroy Creation. As in, the universe and then some. Trashing a neighborhood and ravaging a few mortals ISN'T conducent to the amount of destruction I want to, eventually, unleash upon the world. Releasing demons from Hell and hoping these follow the agenda it's the closest thing I have, but the most powerful demons from Hell are already out and not destroying the universe...and other than that there's very little information about what kind of actions are conducent to "destroy creation", as far as I know.

Is there anything about how the kind of "faith weapon" that the Faustian want work? Pacts, as far as I can see, are just a way to replanish Faith - is that really all that Faustians want?. Because when they talk about their net of faith that will topple the gates of heaven...it sounds like a lot more than geting a lot of "blood points"

Luciferians have it easier, a simple goal of tracking someone that actually does things that can be tracked, but even then it would be nice to have some data about how they do their research.

Some canon elaboration about the Faction's goals and the activities they do to fulfill them would be interesting for those like myself who have tought that " the Fallen don't really have a lot to do" (or, rather, that they do have a lot to do, but no real plan nor places to start for the players to go out w/o the ST explicitly pointing/providing a direction)

I think the Ravagers run into the same problem as the Nephandi on that point. Sure it's easy to destroy things with Creation a plagued by entropy as it is, but how in the Malpheas do you destroy anything Permanently? Cities can be rebuilt, humans just gravitate towards making new societies when old ones die, lost secrets are inevitably rediscovered by some punk that gets lucky, and even destroying the entire planet and wiping out all life will only set evolution back a few million years at most(the earth has done this at regular intervals throughout it's history.

The biggest problem with Destroying Everything is that every time you think you're done, something else pops up to fill the vacuum. If mage is anything to go by, then there are also an infinite amount of parallel universes, timelines, and spacial dimensions. This means that even if you somehow managed to destroy everything in your universe, you'd only end one insignificant peace of the infinite multitude. It's maddening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Faustions I kind of understand, they first and foremost need to replenish enough to get back to where they were during the War with Heaven. It's kind of hard to build a faith based super-weapon when most of them barely have enough faith to survive, let alone be in apocolyptic form 24/7. Second, it sounds like they'd need a way of sustainably awakening or at least empowering enough thralls with some semblance of magic. They're currently lesser versions of themselves all around and having a supply of mages/sorcerers (who aren't trying to bind them as slaves, I'm looking at you Order of Hermes) become a collective powerful enough to rival The Creator was kind of the original plan. Finally, they need to figure out where in the Tellurian that Heaven/The Host/God actually Is so that they can start laying down some vengeance fueled carpet-bombings.

This all means the Faustions need a massive complicated plan that is unlikely to ever really get anywhere without other factions(and probably the direct intervention of Lucifer himself) helping out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luciferians and Cryptics have the easiest goals by far for sure.

Luciferians just need to find Lucifer, He's alive and partying in Los Angelos. They don't know that, but just need to figure that out.

The Cryptics just want to know what they heck is going on and then figure something out from there. If anything from the other splats is cannon in the game they're in, then they're going to be very confused and the fallen probably aren't even in their original universe/timeline/thing anymore(Blame it on a Mage messing something up, it's what I do when things don't make sense).

The Redeemers are there too.

Leave a comment:

• Aleph
    replied
    Originally posted by FallenEco View Post

I'd argue that conflict between Factions and the agendas of said factions make up a larger part of the game. The whole point of Factions is that they are your response to finally being free.

Ravengers want to punish the world/God by destroying creation for the sins committed against them. So what are the Ravengers trying to destroy in your area?
    The Luciferians are trying to find the Morningstar and fufil his vision. What are your loyalists doing? How does that relate to Satan?
    The Inquistitors want to know what the heck happened, to understand the grand plan that somehow includes the fall. How are your Inquisitors investigating this?
    Indeed, and one of the problems in Demon it's the little to nothing they elaborate these points.

For instance, if I'm a Ravager, I want to destroy Creation. As in, the universe and then some. Trashing a neighborhood and ravaging a few mortals ISN'T conducent to the amount of destruction I want to, eventually, unleash upon the world. Releasing demons from Hell and hoping these follow the agenda it's the closest thing I have, but the most powerful demons from Hell are already out and not destroying the universe...and other than that there's very little information about what kind of actions are conducent to "destroy creation", as far as I know.

Is there anything about how the kind of "faith weapon" that the Faustian want work? Pacts, as far as I can see, are just a way to replanish Faith - is that really all that Faustians want?. Because when they talk about their net of faith that will topple the gates of heaven...it sounds like a lot more than geting a lot of "blood points"

Luciferians have it easier, a simple goal of tracking someone that actually does things that can be tracked, but even then it would be nice to have some data about how they do their research.

Some canon elaboration about the Faction's goals and the activities they do to fulfill them would be interesting for those like myself who have tought that " the Fallen don't really have a lot to do" (or, rather, that they do have a lot to do, but no real plan nor places to start for the players to go out w/o the ST explicitly pointing/providing a direction)
    Last edited by Aleph; 06-03-2019, 08:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• atamajakki
    replied
    The STV style guide for Demon 20 is neat.

Leave a comment:

• FallenEco
    replied
    Originally posted by Beriorn View Post
    Barring their political games and the eternal search for more and better Thralls, the Fallen don't really have a lot to do. An option to remedy this is to turn the conflict between the Houses into an actual war rather than a cold war, akin to the Camarilla/Sabbat/Anarch conflict. You can't really include angels or have greater demons show up en masse without it turning into an apocalyptic scenario.
    I'd argue that conflict between Factions and the agendas of said factions make up a larger part of the game. The whole point of Factions is that they are your response to finally being free.

Ravengers want to punish the world/God by destroying creation for the sins committed against them. So what are the Ravengers trying to destroy in your area?
    The Luciferians are trying to find the Morningstar and fufil his vision. What are your loyalists doing? How does that relate to Satan?
    The Inquistitors want to know what the heck happened, to understand the grand plan that somehow includes the fall. How are your Inquisitors investigating this?

And that is before we get to the Earthbound who want to enslave you.

Leave a comment:

• Beriorn
    replied
    Originally posted by Crowley View Post
    I was talking to a streamer about the game and their biggest complain is that theres not much to do on the old DtF, do you guys sense this? should the game have a bigger sense of urgency?
    Barring their political games and the eternal search for more and better Thralls, the Fallen don't really have a lot to do. An option to remedy this is to turn the conflict between the Houses into an actual war rather than a cold war, akin to the Camarilla/Sabbat/Anarch conflict. You can't really include angels or have greater demons show up en masse without it turning into an apocalyptic scenario.

Leave a comment:

• Crowley
    replied
    Creepy Uncle Crowley here.
    Im STILL Working on DtF20 Chapter 1 son of the return of the living dead.

I was talking to a streamer about the game and their biggest complain is that theres not much to do on the old DtF, do you guys sense this? should the game have a bigger sense of urgency?

Leave a comment:

• Beriorn
    replied
    Originally posted by nikink View Post
    Two years late to this comment, but Ink Cloud is listed in the Earthbound book as 2 points. Given the Players' Guide specifically mentions that High Torment version of powers have a 1 point discount, and all Earthbound powers are High Torment only, one could argue the normal cost for Ink Cloud is thus 3 points. I don't think it's worth 3 points, personally. YMMV.
    Glad someone got the answer for this. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Crowley
    replied
    So, i finally got a skelleton of ideas sort of made, im doing the first draft on the book. Heres the first piece of fiction for y'all. I hope you enjoy it..

Prologue.
    Sympathy for the Devil.

<<This was the way the world was going to end.
    Not with a bang but with a whimper.>>>

The figure sat in front of the televisions, each channel shouting new information, walls being built in mexico, Brexit, assassination attemps on different part of the world, terrorists attack in London. He was a spider in the middle of this web of information, each window was crying out for mercy for understanding and for knowledge that he could provide. – after all, ¿hadn’t him provided enough for them?- In his fingers he held the print version of Days of Fire. It was a sleeper hit and different libraries were selling copies of it.
    The path of wisdom was going to be a long and rough walk to crawl. Their sworn enemies had turned the world into a land of confusion, where being no one would give you glamour and fame, the little banalities of life. While being someone would make you feel shun upon by your peers. The figure in white lied against the red leather couch as every screen showed new information, from the nuclear attack in Bangladesh to a counter terrorist operation in London. The world had change once more, and he was part of both the beginning and the end, as he always had been.
    The bandages were bloody and he felt hopeless for the first time ever. His radiant figure was shattered by the Light of Wendell, His wing was torn to pieces only held by pieces of wire and bandages, the room’s floor was a map of blood, ashes and angel’s dust.
    His mind was twisted with ideas feelings and sensations new to him, alien in nature. Tears of joy and screams of anguish sorrow echoed the motel room. One of his shoulder’s and wing was dangling through pieces of fiber and muscle burn to a sunder, the one proudfull No-Where King was now defeated. She had turned the tides of war, Wisdom – The Fourth Path- Was slowly moving away from his grasps. The most Beautiful of them all was now weak and gasping to air, feeling pain and guilt for the first time on his existence. Names of people that loved him ran through his head, The Carpenter, The Roman Emperor, The Musician, The Priest , The Archeologist, and The First Woman. He felt the anger, the rage of every human being, of every creature on existence as they spat brimstone over his name. And he Wanted to Die. She had beaten him, using the precious Freewill as a weapon against him. It was more effective than anything that he had predicted. The Man –All dressed in white except for the ashes over his shoulder- took his phone and saw the numbers, there had to be someone nearby, someone to help him. “Oh Yes.” He thought as he hissed between teeth’s. Somewhere in America his personal doctor would be expecting him. A quick message and now he had to wait for his ride there. It was going to be a long night, the longest night ever.
    The figure had made two phone calls that night, the most important of them all until tonight. He never needed anyone’s help. He walked out of the second floor of the trashy motel in the middle of nowhere, outside under the pale moon light lied one vehicle, a yellow taxi. The man Approached holding his shoulder as the Taxi Driver – a familiar figure he had bumped in the L.A Nights a couple of times- Looked at him stating.
    -Where To?.
    The man only said
    -Cairo, Illinois.
    The taxi driver nodded almost solemnly. Both had problems for these nights, both wanted to be left alone, both were horrible parents about to face destiny once more. The man in white lied on the backseat of the vehicle not saying anything, the taxi driver said nothing. Both knew Hospitals woudnt do.
    -Why Cairo?. The taxi driver asked
    -I still have a connection in there. Said the man in white
    -Perhaps is it best for you to heal thy own wounds. He said, almost quoting The Book. To which the man in white gave a glance at the driver.
    -No. Its but something new yet old and familiar. I might need the help of someone else to figure this out. He said, the words ‘Help’ stinged on his tongue, his pride was still slightly shattered.
    -So, What will you do once we arrive to ‘Cai-Row’. Said the taxi driver.
    - for once, I don’t know. The plan is now dead and my options are running scares, my contacts are gone and for once. I feel something strange, I feel heaviness on my chest.
    The driver nodded saying “For that is the burden of being us, to feel guilt and regret, anger and rage.”
    -Its, strange. I can put words to these sensations, perhaps I had them once, perhaps I lost them after I fell, perhaps.
    -What will you do about the rest of the world.
    The man in white thought for a moment, the world was changing, the world was moving. It wasn’t his world anymore. No matter what happened his only goal was for Humanity to Survive, and for Humanity to defeat Her. Everything else was Irrelevant.
    -I don’t know. He said in a meditative tone, slowly getting used to the pain.
    The yellow taxi left the outskirts of Los Angeles, it was going to be a long travel for both tired beings. He woudnt have called this favour if it wasn’t important, there was something a miss and something had changed on him, Could it been that she forgave him after all?, No. that was impossible. The Taxi Driver keep his route, looking back to the wounded man from time to time. Perhaps as a curiosity or as a rarity that only happened once on a lifetime. The driver asked.
    -What happened to your kin?
    -My brothers and sisters?. I can sense them, they are in pain, and they are slowly filling the coup that is this chalice.
    -The world has moved on, you understand that. Don’t you?.
    -The world as moved away from us, yet it calls us again. We are needed again, my fellow.- said the man in white, leaning to the driver’s license saying “Ah..your name is hard to read. Names have power, do you know?”. The driver nodded saying “The name givers are dangerous yet well known due to that.” The man in white nodded, he knew the first name givers for he had given them tools to life and learn. “May I give you a suggestion?” he said between sharp groans of pain as the car moved through the highway outside the city. “May you speak true and may your words be as powerful as your pen, Men in White.” Said the driver. “Kapaneus. “ replied the man in white. “Excuseme?” asked the driver. “it’s a fitting name for a warrior of the land.” He uttered as the driver nodded.
    There was silence in the vehicle as the man in white said “Can you turn on the radio?”. The Driver’s hand held the buttons of the radio as news came from it, Venezuela in crisis, Christians saying the end of days was coming, terrorist attacks on London, Endron was opening a new power plant in Bangladesh and walls with names for the victims of the 1999 nuclear meltdown. The voice on the radio was loud and speaking messages that both knew too well. The Driver noticed the man in white completely silent, worried even. Perhaps was compassion or curiosity but the driver changed the radio station. The car was speeding through the highways as they were somewhere around Barstow near the edge of the desert, when the music started to kick in. The loudspeakers slammed against glass as the base ran through his fingertips. The drive was going to be around twenty hours, only a couple of stops. The Man in white was fading in and out of existence, lingering to whatever sense of purpouse he had. And the Driver knew, he could sense the lingering stench of –not death- but oblivion trying to get a hold of the man in white, The driver knew he had to drive faster than death. He didn’t cared about the cops since now they were too far into the desert. The man in white looked at the driver as the music blasted saying with a coyly smile “What do we say to the God of Death?” the driver wrapped his fingers around the wheel saying “not today.” The man in white was amused, for all the time in the universe they both had, they had enough time to have hobbies, habits. To even laugh for a moment. Then he realized it, he was laughing, Death was making him laugh, the cancer that She had given him made him laugh. They saw a small gastation on the road as Kapaneus drove towards the place. The man in white looked around for a moment. Holding his shoulder, he needed to cover his wounds. He wanted to stretch his legs while Kapaneus pulled near a gaspump. One word and his hand moved over his own shoulder, The injury was there but it would be enough to make any onlookers believe he had a minor accident. The injury was now covered under a lie, threads of his clothes now appeared as if he was wearing a cast and his shoulder was wrapped in bandages. The man in white stepped out of the car as he dragged his body onto the seven eleven nearby. As soon as he opened the door he could hear the muffle sound of the stock screams and what sounded like a glass shattering. He noticed the cashier looking on a small tv while the screams were produced by it. As a voice came from the tv saying ‘ His Reign of Evil is No More.’ The man in white walked through the alleys picking random things, he could feel pain, could he feel pleasure at least?. Taking small bags of patatochips, some soft drinks he headed to the cashier he could hear a feminine voice coming from the tv saying ‘ Yes, honey, the nightmare is finally over, For you and us. ‘King of the vampires’ was , unfortunately, the best bloodsucker film to come out of Estudio Sombra, mexico’s ‘Shadow Studio’ in the mid ‘50’s but it was by no means the last.’ The cashier looked at the man in white saying
    -Fanny fangs, ain’t she a babe?
    The man in white just arched a brow as he picked some sunglasses. The cashier scanned the things as the man in white looked around for a moment. Noticing Kapaneus looking through the store, he woudnt need anything. But the image of Kapaneus looking through the small plastic guns for kids, the novelty plastic vampire fangs and then moving to the dvd bin was amusing enough. More amusing when he noticed Kapaneus taking a closer look to a DVD of Taxi Driver.
    -And that Too. Said the man in white.
    As they left the cashier suddenly said “you left your credit card!” he shouted to the man in white, turning his back as the man read the name on the visa saying “here you go Mr Cypher.” The man in white smiled as he took the card. Reaching for his pocket and giving him twenty bucks extra. Just by looking at him he knew that Larry –The cashier- had a rough life, mom and dad were in odd terms, he had to finish college and he was doing the extra work here. Trying to help his girlfriend mandy who might been having an affair. Larry looked at Mr Cypher and said.
    -excuse me, I know you may get this asked very often but.
    Damn it, he though, he might be a thrall, he might be another supernatural after his trail.
    • Are you?
    Cypher said nothing, he knew using That name on that card was a bad idea, but an amusing one never the least
    • David Bowie?
    Kapaneus looked amused for a moment at the comparision.
    • No, though people confuse me with him from time to time.
    • Oh, ok..also, thanks for the extra cash. Have a good night sir.
    Cypher left the store holding some bags as he handed the DVD copy of Taxi Driver to Kapaneus. The second one looked at him almost wondering about the nature of Cypher and why was he so non chalant about the situation itself. Kapaneus had parked the car nearby as they walked in the middle of the desert night. Some houses and small fences were all over the place, trucks coming and going from time to time as there was relative peace in this exiled land away from the stars of L.A.
    -Why did you gave him more money?. Asked kapaneus, knowing how irrelevant was this human going to be.
    - I understand the loneliness of people. Its our gift and our curse, we understand emotions even if we don’t feel them. We fell because we felt too much. My punishment was not to feel anymore, though my kin are now leaded by passion.
    -So, you decided to give some extra money because you feel Pity?.
    -no, I felt Sympathy.
    As they walked to the car, they noticed two figures lying against the hood of the car. Kapaneus was about to move closer until Cypher stopped him, shaking his head. The first of the figures moved saying
    -Well, well, well. If isn’t david bowie and his friend khal drogo.
    -Good Evening, lost childe. Said Kapaneus to one of them, he was bald and wearing a leather jacket while the other was smaller, scrawny with a black hand tattoo on his forehead.
    -You know what night is tonight, right?.
    Kapaneus didn’t moved, Cypher neither.
    -Tonight’s wild pack night…and that means
    As the other motioned his arm, slowly twisting the flesh and extending the bones of his knuckles like razors.
    • You are tonight’s playthings.
    • Which one you wanna fuck, Khal or Bowie
    • Dunno, which one looks more like a bottom bitch, or which one would be a good ghoul.
    • Enough. Stated kapaneus
    • What ya gonna do to us, you poor son of a bitch?. Asked the taller one as kapaneus approached him
    • Henry, childe of connor, childe of Beatrix , childe of Apostas. Said Kapaneus.
    • What a fuck?
    • Who the fuck are you, an elder? Are you a Cammie son of a bitch?
    • Nah, he must me a malky, a fishy malky apparently. What about you, david bowie. Are you a fucking tremere or a toreador?. You are in our turf, Sabbat land.
    As soon as Kapaneus heard the name he closed his fist, he thought about his childes his blood running through their veins.
    • You don’t realize who you be speaking to? Who’s blood runs through your veins, vermin exiled from the land of Nod?.
    • What? The land of nod, how do you know about that? You must be old and crazy as fuck but I can drag your ass to the abyss. Said the taller one as shadows started to dance around them.
    • The Abyss?. Asked Cypher. How Dare you, Worthless , meaningless. As he moved in closer, each shadow moved back like snakes to the flame. The two fledlings looked at each other with fear on their eyes.
    • What a fuck? A tremere bitch?.
    Kapaneus took a step back. He knew that Cypher was holding the rage and anger, his shoulder was burning with new sensations and new ways to explore the world of flesh In front of him.
    • Tremere?, I have no idea what do you speak of.- he knew, but also he had a flair for the dramatic
    • Ah…The blood of goratrix. Mentioned Kapaneus. The Soul of Salout. I can sense them, a living paradox, one lies within the other.
    The one extending his bones lounged forwards as he screamed in panic, one sharp motion as his bones sank in the cheek of Kapaneus. No blood touched the ground. A scream broke the silence of the night as the tall one fell backwards trying to cower on his shadows, the latter ones being afraid of the two’s presences. The smaller one lied on the ground, his jaw bones were missing. Kapaneus never lifted a finger, but seven times seven may bear the burden over whoever touched him.
    • Holy shit. Said the one who fell to his back. You are..
    • I am old. Said Kapaneus. Ancient even.
    • And what are you?. Said looking to the man In white.
    • I am God’s Love. I am her mercy, I am her consciousness. I am the shadow casted in the shape of a snake, coiling its tail around the garden.
    Kapaneus had heard those words, almost like an old wound he could mutter the same words. The one on the ground tried to escape as kapaneus pressed his feet over the smaller one’s ankle, holding him in place like a viper wraps a mice.
    • Why. Muttered the poor victim. Why are you with this betraying monster! You should fight for us! You should prepare humanity for your arrival! You should consume all the fucking humans and give us a world where we can rule!.
    • I drive people to their destination; that’s who I am. Remember, wherever we go, is my blood which makes your fate.
    • Enough with this. You insult me with your presence and your parlor tricks, Do you wish to see the abyss? Do you wish to see what god left for you and your kin? Do you wish to see how Hell looks like? Hell is words, Hell is a concept made by men in their weakest moments to fear Her. There is but Thousand’s Hells defined by human souls. But I will show you what true Hell is. Kapaneus, Deny him.- said the man in white, Kapaneus never took orders, but this time he would, for once he was not scared, but curious and fascinated with the rage and anger of a No Land King.
    • Henry childe of LaSombra, bearer of the mark of Lau-Som-Bheu , Son of Connor of Connaught. I Am your Forefather, I am the one who’s blood runs through your veins. And I Don’t Love you. I Hate you, I despise your existence, and the bloodline from which you came.
    Henry’s voice became a shriek as the shadows casted by him were swallowed by Something else. With one motion and a word in Ennochian his body had suddenly been pushed away from reality, swallowed into the true darkness of the universe. He wanted to use the powers of the Abyss and for now Henry was locked somewhere within the abyss, his soul being torn into pieces by other unfortunate beings, his mind broken into pieces by the hatred of God itself. The Abyss was the absence of God. And now the vampire knew how it felt, how it must have feel to be abandoned by what he believed in. The crawling blood of The Eldest was quivering in fear, Cypher could smell it. Kapaneus was not amused. His rage was a mask of curiosity while witnessing what She had done to Cypher. He lied his hand over the tzimisce as this one had no mouth but had to scream.
    • Tell your kin, to stay away from my path. He said to the mouthless figure. You are my messanger, and they will know. No more second chances, no more stumbling or trying to stop me. You are my message, to All of them. To the Betrayer of Baal and his kin of twisted half breed sin eaters and to the ones who follow my words as if their life’s depended on it. You are my messenger, And this is my Message.
    His hand held the face of the descendant of the tzimisce’s blood. Children’s slept tidy in their beds, loving parents hugging each other. Dogs sleeping as the stars slowly moved across the night sky. The next morning the message would be clear for all of them to see. The Name Givers, The Children’s of Dreams and nightmares, The Imbued, The Blood of Caine, The Wolves of the Beast of Eden, The Undead ones wrapped in memories, The Citizents of the Shadow, the Astral Beings high above and the nightmares outside the universe, The Crooked Sickness of god and his million dancers, They would all know.
    Twenty minutes later they would drive away from Barstow as Kapaneus lied in silence for the next couple of hours.
    • That’s how She felt when she casted us away.
    • Your kin and my parents?
    • My kin, your parents, The other one, your kin.
    • She hates us.
    • And until recently I thought she left us. I think she might be coming back.
    • Why did you do that to him?
    • Because I wanted them to know.
    • What? That I walk the nights among them?
    • No, that I am still here. For all that is worth, I am still here.
    • Why do you want them to know?.
    • Because, I don’t know what will happened next. I can feel myself fading away, and the best thing I can do is make everyone believe im still here. Or else.
    • Or else what?
    • I have many enemies. Not only the Earthbounds. But the Forgotten ones, the Nephilim’s who lie twisted in their mazes of nightmares and madness, And The Armies of Before.
    • To your times, I am young. But please, do tell me more about these, I know little about your kin.
    • Ignorance is a bliss.
    • I insist.
    Cypher took a deep breath, and through the window.
    • During the war or wrath we fought things that should not be named. During the fall we saw horrible things made by mankind. And some were thanks to their ignorance and stupidity.
    • What are these, forgotten ones?.
    • You feed of blood, don’t you? We feed of faith, belief. Belief is sacrifice, is to put yourself on the fire line for an idea that might or might not be paussible, its to jump off a clif and knowing you will fly. Except that human’s cant fly anymore. During the times we existed, humans turned ideas, concepts into people. An Anthropomorfic Personification of an idea. If humans saw lightning in the sky, it wasn’t because the clouds were clashing generating energy. It wasn’t because our swords clashed our enemies armors. It was because, there was a god behind that. At least, that’s how they used to think. And Gods require sacrifice. After my kin fell, I was the only one on earth, but I learned that humans had created Gods to explain their world views, and gods demanded sacrifice.
    • But, I know of kin who calls themselves as old gods, pagan gods in these nights.
    • Yes, that is true. But Truths are more complicated than what you think. Let me give you an example. Remember the movie I bought you?.
    • Yes.
    • Do you care about The Master?
    • Excuse me?.
    • The Master, it’s a term we used on Hollywood. The original print, do you care about it?.
    • Go on.
    • Humans don’t care about The Master Print anymore, they only care about the streaming, the DVD, The VHS, The Blue Ray, the whatever next version comes. He said as he held his shoulder, groaning in pain as the conversation continued.
    • So you are saying that, The Gods are the master print. And what we know now are the new editions of the same?.
    • Yes and no, not quite. Humans, and supernatural beings worship a romantization of the original one, a copy that takes its own propierties and its own image based on what people believe of them. Like you.
    • I don’t understand.
    • Your childings believe you are the lord of death with a broadsword. Or like myself, they think I sit on a throne of skulls and I drink blood for the pleasure of it, that I lie on a chair of death and sinners, while in reality, im sit on this comftable cab.
    • So, you are saying that, When they worship someone like Thor.
    • They are worshiping the Idea that he represents, the image or the copy, a romantization of what they believe it was, and for them that makes it real.
    • And the original one, what happends with it.
    • That, my driver. Is what worries me. Fallen ones feed on belief, So what happends when people stop believing. They don’t die, they starve. Gods require sacrifice, either be blood, human lifes, souls, you name it. The mere act of siting down infront of a computer screen while avoiding you real responsibilities IS a sacrifice for them
    • So, where are these Forgotten ones now?.
    • I don’t know, some of them went into hiding after Christianity destroyed their religions and denied their sacrifices.
    • But there’s people who still believe on them. Said Kapaneus
    • Yes, but when was the last time you saw someone killing their mother for Odin, Sacrificing a baby for Loki, Ripping someone’s heart out for Quezatcoatl. To believe is to jump into the abyss and knowing you wont fall. But believing and faith are a rarity even now a days. Most Old gods must still be around, just like me, except that they are now bound to human flesh, unable to die, thirsty for human faith, for belief. They may not be as powerful as they used to be, but once they hear God officially left, they will organize.
    • And how would that affect me? Asked kapaneus
    • Simple, We live by the judeo Christian point of view on all this. What happends when someone comes knocking trying to bring their own personal end of the world, and trying to re model the universe in their own personal view?.
    Kapaneus fell in silence for a few moments as the night sky extended above their heads. Cypher looked at him for a moment, wondering where the old gods were, where the forgotten ones were and what they were plotting.
    -And these Nephilim?.
    - My kin did horrible things, for what I understand my right hand, Not literaly mind you. Decided to do experiments with humans creating hybrids. We and the angels had to come to a truece in order to destroy them, but death was something too alien even for us back then. I know some fallen had plotted with someone to create a kingdom for humans souls, so sending them there was a big mistake. So She and her Archangels took their souls, merged them into a jewel and send it beyond Our reach. Sadly enough, the so call Name Givers were able to tap in this kingdom of madness and horror where their souls lie, a sort of laberyth made of nightmares. And I wont be surprised if they hate the universe as much as they did back then.
    - what about the other ones, you said something about Things that should not be named.
    -You never read lovecraft or seen any movie ever, have you?.
    - I have no interest in that whatsoever, though some stories seem more interesting than others.
    -such as Taxi Driver.
    -such as Taxi Driver.
    There was a silence for a moment, it was weird, a moment of strange realization that both beings actually enjoyed reality and its little pleasures. Gehenna and The Revelation would deny them of such.
    • “In The beginning when She created The Heavens and The Earth there was a formless void and darkness covered the face of the Deep.” The part of the story that no one tells you about, the darkness was alive. There were hundreds of things, She created me to cast them away. I became the light in the darkness, and for a moment it was good. The darkness fled scared and She punished them by giving them A purpouse. A Proto task which she never told me about, but she made a place for them, a thousand places for them locked into one. After I defeated them, they surrender and I casted them back into a shadow that She knew. To remain formless and shapeless from their original body. Some of it escaped my sword, and went beyond the gaze of God. Lying outside, out there, somewhere waiting. She never told me what it was, but it was familiar to Her.
    • Perhaps a world that was?
    • Or a world that is, before the fall, every time happened at the same time. I knew all futures and all pasts, I was everywhere at the same time, I was light.
    • And the what happened.
    • Humans happened. And the rest is History. I wonder what happened to the outer darkness, to whatever lied out there. Some believe that the stars is what keep the darkness away.
    • And what do you think?
    • I think its poetic and beautiful, but a lie.
    • What about the nameless and formeless creatures you defeated.
    • They are, familiar, were familiar I mean. We worked in different layers of reality so, it might had happened one way, or maybe the other. Maybe She erased them from their own personal hell, or maybe they are influencing weak souls. I do not know what happened, only that they lived Interesting Times. Wake me up when we arrive to Las Vegas.
    Silence called once more, the radio was partially dead between static sounds and soft voices intertwined by the sounds of electricity as the antenna was trying to get a hold of a signal, any signal. They were driving on the 15th Mojave Freeway as suddenly a new voice showed up on the radio saying ‘You’re listening to W-A-N-T, The High Desert, Wonder Valley Favorite radio station. It’s been a Good Night. Dave Catching Here. Not saying Goodnight, Just saying.”

Introduction

Nobody’s coming down the hall
    Nobody echoes in my head
    Broken reflection out of luck
    Nobody ever needed it
    I got what was
    I want to take what’s left
    Queens of the Stone Age. A Song for the Deaf.

Leave a comment:

• nikink
    replied
    Originally posted by Beriorn View Post
    How many points does the Ink Cloud form ability cost? The power's listed in the Players Guide, but there's no cost listed there. Can I find this cost somewhere else?
    Two years late to this comment, but Ink Cloud is listed in the Earthbound book as 2 points. Given the Players' Guide specifically mentions that High Torment version of powers have a 1 point discount, and all Earthbound powers are High Torment only, one could argue the normal cost for Ink Cloud is thus 3 points. I don't think it's worth 3 points, personally. YMMV.

Also, just for fun I've scripted an automatic Apocalyptic Form generator, and after some playing around have discovered that given the constraints - Each form must have 8 abilities, and the sum of ability points for each form must equal 16 - that out of around 6700 combinations, there's only TEN valid combinations. This surprised me; I assumed there'd be more than ten. Once this was discovered it made the script faster and tighter, though. So yay!

Leave a comment:

• Crowley
    replied
    Oi! hows everyone doing? i recently started to work on the fiction of D20, i been doing some work and been trying to push it as much as i can. my grammar sucks and english aint my first language. I already wrotte a rough sketch of what i have in mind. If you wish i can post excerpts of the fiction on the book.

Leave a comment:

• Crowley
    replied
    Forgot to mention

Hannibal the TV Show

Leave a comment:

Working...
X