Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone when or if there will be a demon the fallen 20th anniversary edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone when or if there will be a demon the fallen 20th anniversary edition

demon the fallen is one of my all time favorite rpgs of all time

They just finished the Changeling Kickstarter, so next should be Hunter the Reckoning, then Demon the Fallen. There might be others that pop up in between, however.

Comment

Sometime around 2022, probably.

Comment

We have to wait some years. Before we will see Kinred of the East in 2018, Hunters in 2019, Mummy in 2021 and then Demon in 2022.

Comment

If we see any of the rest.

There's a number of factors on why we might not get 20th anniversary edition of the remaining gamelines.

1) The current staff might not want to do them for various issues (see all the threads about KotE20).

2) All of them are essentially single edition games. They don't have multiple editions to collect, reconcile, and fixed up. They also don't have gigantic catalogs of books to try to distill. All of the Mummy books (including the 1e and 2e ones), total 784 pages. My20 would basically need to add material to get up to the ~500 page mark the current run of 20th core books are hitting. Even HtR with the biggest catalog of the remaining game lines, doesn't have a lot to do a 20th book with. I'm not knocking the style, but a huge amount of its page count is dedicated to in-character Hunter-net.org posts.

3) The new WWP is moving towards a 4th edition of WOD, and isn't going to want the 20th books to continue in perpetuity. While they're supportive of the 20th books, eventually they're going to want the 4e books to be the only ones being made. 20th books of the later WOD games delays that process further.

---------

Something I've floated around in the past, would be more of a compilation of all of them together. It's not the best solution in many regards, but it might be easier to get them as one or two books that cover multiple lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
            If we see any of the rest.

There's a number of factors on why we might not get 20th anniversary edition of the remaining gamelines.

1) The current staff might not want to do them for various issues (see all the threads about KotE20).

2) All of them are essentially single edition games. They don't have multiple editions to collect, reconcile, and fixed up. They also don't have gigantic catalogs of books to try to distill. All of the Mummy books (including the 1e and 2e ones), total 784 pages. My20 would basically need to add material to get up to the ~500 page mark the current run of 20th core books are hitting. Even HtR with the biggest catalog of the remaining game lines, doesn't have a lot to do a 20th book with. I'm not knocking the style, but a huge amount of its page count is dedicated to in-character Hunter-net.org posts.

3) The new WWP is moving towards a 4th edition of WOD, and isn't going to want the 20th books to continue in perpetuity. While they're supportive of the 20th books, eventually they're going to want the 4e books to be the only ones being made. 20th books of the later WOD games delays that process further.

---------

Something I've floated around in the past, would be more of a compilation of all of them together. It's not the best solution in many regards, but it might be easier to get them as one or two books that cover multiple lines.

1. Edited. The current staff MAY want to do them because there are many fans who want them and enjoyed playing them for years(see all the threads asking for a Hunter 20, Demon 20, KotE 20, etc.).

2. True. But there are still changes that could be made; many, in fact, that could help bring those older games into the 21st century. A huge number of games get revised editions only a few years after their original release. Hunter was released in 1999(!). Many things have changed since then. A new 20th book could easily be filled with those changes.

3. We don't know WHAT the new White Wolf is going to want to do with the 4th edition books and/or the 20th anniversary editions as of right now. No one knows. The only thing we know, is that Paradox is perfectly fine with OP doing 20th editions up to and including Changeling. The future, is undecided. They know Hunter. They LIKE Hunter. The 20th books delay nothing. The 20th books are not the 4th edition books. And I've NEVER seen WWP make a statement on how they don't want 4th Edition and the 20th books to run concurrently.

Unless you have a link?
            Last edited by Fat Larry; 02-11-2016, 07:14 PM.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Larry View Post
              2. True. But there are still changes that could be made; many, in fact, that could help bring those older games into the 21st century. A huge number of games get revised editions only a few years after their original release. Hunter was released in 1999(!). Many things have changed since then. A new 20th book could easily be filled with those changes.
              Many things have changed, but none of them are related to HtR. The (X)20 lines to date haven't been about bringing those old games into the modern era, though Mage makes mention of it. Instead, the (X)20 lines have been like the ultimate Greatest Hits albums, republishing old favorites and compiling info from across a vast gameline's products. I'm not saying HtR or KotE don't have enough material to consolidate and republish (though I'll definitely say that about DtF and Mummy), but it's not a lot compared to any one of the original five lines.

All that said, if the new WWP doesn't prohibit them, I'd be shocked not to see a HtR 20th Anniversary.

3. We don't know WHAT the new White Wolf is going to want to do with the 4th edition books and/or the 20th anniversary editions as of right now. No one knows. The only thing we know, is that Paradox is perfectly fine with OP doing 20th editions up to and including Changeling. The future, is undecided. They know Hunter. They LIKE Hunter. The 20th books delay nothing. The 20th books are not the 4th edition books. And I've NEVER seen WWP make a statement on how they don't want 4th Edition and the 20th books to run concurrently.
              No, they haven't said it. You are right.

But no company with half a brain wants to put out two games with the exact same name. I don't think they'd be so stupid as to have "Vampire the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition" pumping out books while "Vampire the Masquerade 4th Edition" is starting up. And I don't expect they want their "One World of Darkness" to be competing with the 20th Anniversary products because... Well, then it's "Two Worlds of Darkness(es?)", again with at least three gamelines sharing identical names, which is also just a bone-headed business move. There's a reason the NWoD became CofD.

Writing up Clanbook: Aabbt

Comment

Yes, yes. We've heard you say this before.
                Yes, yes, we all know that the second you enter a thread like this one, you'll use even the most neutral statement to try to start a fight, to justify to yourself that you have a just cause to be pointlessly abrasive.

So you know what, I'll just jump to the end of this:

I stand by what I said, you aren't going to present any reasons to change it, you love shit and must yell at anyone you think whiffs of the "PC police" if it threatens your perceived value of something you love. You'll then proceed to take things too far and make everyone else that loves those things look like asshats for liking the same things as you.

Congrats. You've contributed nothing helpful. Again.

Comment

@Heavy Arms: Whoa. Is this an 8 mile ending moment? Uh...okay. While I definitely disagree with you, and feel the same about your "contributions," I really wasn't asking for a psych profile. Sorry for being abrasive.

Enjoy your day.
                  Last edited by Fat Larry; 02-11-2016, 07:17 PM.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

Let me say That I am ONE of the people who wants a KOTE 20 I REALLY REALLY Want it.

Comment

Originally posted by the viking anarch View Post
                      demon the fallen is one of my all time favorite rpgs of all time
                      So good. I think the corebook was the first book I read cover to cover without stopping from WW. Love reading it and the short pieces from different characters within. Harvey/Hasmed is the man, Noah/Gaviel is a perfect devil and I think I fell in love with Sabriel...and everytime I hear the words to'Hallelujah' I still think of her.

I want a revised and updated Demon the Fallen. I want updated house and faction books. I want more Greg Stolze Demon fiction (ashes and angels wings, loved it.), I want city books or 'Throne' books

But mostly I want Harvey to still be going strong. A strange twist of fate just as his master was about to destroy him, which harvey capitalised on and years later now rests as the Throne of New Jersey (haha), the most troubling thing to others is his loyalty and friendship to two other thrones. Gaviel of Sun throne and Sabriel of the eastern shore Throne. The three fallen known as the Triple threat when it comes to the enemies of all Fallen...blah blah enter all my own hopeful head cannon dreams here.

and yes...I would like a Hunter the Reckoning 20th too. Give me God45. Give me Hunter 2.0, give me Witness1 found hanging in a wardrobe that belonged to someone known as Carpenter...give me Rigger and more posts from Count666.

Give me trollest of trolls of hunter-net with zero social skills but chock full of conviction and insanity. Give me the Hunt.

Take my money OP.

Comment

Let's please avoid another KotE flame war. If you'd like to discuss KotE, start a thread for that. Since things are getting a little heated here, I'd also ask that you keep in mind the site rules.

Rose Bailey
                        Onyx Path Development Producer
                        Cavaliers of Mars Creator | Chronicles of Darkness Lead Developer

Retired as forum administrator. Please direct inquiries to the Contact Us link.

Comment

Soooo....peoples favorite things of the game? Things they'd like to still see in there if updated now? Any thoughts on what that might look like if we scrubbdd the end of days and lucifers resurfacing...or does it start with lucifers arrival? Dun dun dun!

Comment

I dont have a credit card, nor i have paypal. I cant transfer money through the internet...
                            But i will find a way to support the DtF book No matter what. same with the HtR

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
                            ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
                            Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
                            Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

Have you looked at buying a prepaid card? You can load them with cash at an appropriate in-person outlet, and then use them with credit card transactions online. You just have to be careful to make sure the card has enough on it to cover your purchase and all the fees you might not immediately think about looking at the cover price.

Comment

Working...
                              X