world of darkness novels converted to audiobook format

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• world of darkness novels converted to audiobook format

My dads blind so I ask because it'd be just amazing if I were able to enjoy the world of books with him

That would be fun, especialy if their was music or sound effects.

Comment

Personally, i woudnt mind reading some short stories or acting them up as an audio play. The only personal catch is, my mic is shite and i gota pretty nasal voice...So i dont think you would like to hear Lucifer having a thick south american accent and a nasal voice (sorry, but one of my favorite stories is from the Lucifer'sShadow book, and i would love to play it )

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
      ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
      Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
      Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

My first thought was to let the computer read them for you, but then i realized that would sound horrible xD

English is not my native language, so i apologize for errors in grammar or spelling.

Comment

I personally think it would be cool if onyx path were to make a deal with audible or maybe brilliance audio or better yet graphic audio to make world of darkness audio books

Comment

I think this is a fantastic idea. It would give me something to listen to on the long commutes to and from work. They certainly have plenty of novels to convert to adapt to audiobooks. I would hope that they would be unabridged recordings if they were to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadmiumcadamium View Post
              My first thought was to let the computer read them for you, but then i realized that would sound horrible xD
              It's not too bad actually. I tend to use speech synthesis while i am working, and it's pretty useful, if at times hillarious

What doesn't kill you, makes you... stranger.

Comment

I was just watching some videos on 'The Gentleman Gamer's' channel on Youtube. It dawned on me that Mathew Dawkins has a fantastic voice and it would probably be perfect for audiobooks. If White Wolf were to do audiobook adaptions of their novels, they should get him to narrate a few of them.

Comment

Please onyx path, white wolf what would it take to get audio books for your great work ?

Comment

imagine hearing the dramatized reading of "silver Crown"

Comment

They could start with some of the short stories if they don't want to produce a whole novel.

Comment

Last time I've checked, there wasn't good voices in those programs which read text, I'm not up-to-date with that kind of software, though, if that was what you were asking.

If you're asking about WoD novels in audio format, that would be a good idea, although, considering Onyx Path said there wasn't a good market for the novels and consumers are less interested in those, it's very unlikely OPP or WW would be very interested in funding (in the case of OPP) and making those, unless another company wants to finance the project and WW licenses it to them, now if we talk about old novels chances seem to be even smaller, perhaps new novels would have a better chance to get that treatment.

Originally posted by Crowley View Post
                        ...having a thick south american accent...
                        Don't know what you mean with you having a South American accent, considering there are several accents in South America, even within the different regions and cities from the different countries, plus, you have some Brazilians who can speak Spanish as their second language and talking about languages, let's not forget that Suriname, Guyana and French Guiana speak other languages which are not Spanish. With South America I suppose you mean some country in the south between Colombia in the north and way below in the south of the region, I'm saying that, because, for example, some people in USA and Mexico have their own interpretation about where the South American region begins.

Now going back to the main topic, I'd say that probably WW and OPP might not be happy with that offer, about reading and sharing their novels through a different media, so, if you're interested on doing it, it's probably better for everybody that you ask for permission from WW and you'll probably get it, as WW are more open to projects from fans, after they set the rules for that.

Comment

Originally posted by NEN View Post
                          Last time I've checked, there wasn't good voices in those programs which read text, I'm not up-to-date with that kind of software, though, if that was what you were asking.
                          I have the impression that even the best text-reading programs have wooden-sounding voices at best, and would be a major turnoff compared to an actual voice actor reading the story to you.

Originally posted by NEN View Post
                          Don't know what you mean with you having a South American accent, considering there are several accents in South America...
                          "Thick South American accent" is equivalent to "Thick North American accent." Sure, there are thick accents all over North America, but people in Quebec City sound very different from people in Mexico City, and they sound very different from people in Charlotte, Brooklyn, Minneapolis, Baton Rouge, Boston, San Francisco, etc.

Comment

when i started this thread years ago in 2016 I didn't think years later in 2018 people would bring it back like I've always said onyx path should a deal with with audible or graphic audio to produce i know both i and my father would love to listen to world of darkness audio books.

Comment

Working...
                            X