Official cwod chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official cwod chat

I heard a long while ago about intentions to make another online chat group (like the white wolf chat in the mid aughts and new bremen before it)

Is there any news on this ? Is there anyway we could start a petition and maybe Start a Kickstarter to do funding.

Id be willing to even pay a monthly for something like this. I love chat based structured role playing.

I realise there are un official ones but they never age as good as the ones that were actually company ran.

I can't really speak for Ian (he was the one that was leading the effort), but it seems like he's got too much on his plate right now to really do it, and none of the other WWP or OP staff/regular freelancers have the technological and community experience to try to develop something like the old official chats.

There's certainly a market for it. Now's actually a good time after Digichat finally stopped working and put most of the chats still plodding along in a bad place. Though that's a separate issue that it's still a bit... strange that no software seems to have really been found that seems to stick with the WoD chat community like Digichat did.

It might be worth poking Rich via the stuff he was talking about in the Monday Meeting blog post yesterday. If he's looking towards things like giving more official support to Roll20, there's probably space for a dialog with him (or if he finds someone to take over handling this things) to see if recreating an official chat can be one of the projects to look towards.

Comment

Get a good relationship with an IRC server and set up a web based login.

Comment

IRC is... pretty lacking with what the remaining on-line RPers are looking for from a moderated chat. It's not that it can't be done, it's just a lot more work than other approaches. IRC would be fine if they were trying to resurrect the unmods, but trying to do something like New Bremen on it would be a nightmare.

Comment

Rather than IRC, personally I'd go for a Discord server these days.
          They are accessable via web browser as well as a dedicated client and mobile devices, they can handle media files and images, they can be moderated very well, and there are Discord bots available.
          Plus, they can be set up in a matter of minutes and can handle hundreds of peoples.

Bonus: You get dedicated voice channels, seperate from the text ones if you want.
          Last edited by Ambrosia; 07-21-2016, 10:32 AM.

cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
          cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Interesting' Strength Attribute Stuff
          EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF! ||| How Technocrats don't think they are Mages

Comment

In the meantime, are there any threads here for listing whatever cWoD chat sites are still alive, or any stickies for them to advertise?

Edit: Well, I found where that sort of thing is done here... and holy smokes it's a jumbled mess.
            Last edited by Crusher-of-Cities; 07-30-2016, 12:59 PM.

Check out my mediocre WoD/Aeon/Exalted art at http://blackspinel.deviantart.com ! It'll make you go "Yup! That's pretty mediocre!"

Comment

http://www.immortalvigilance.net/ is a Classic WoD chat running on Digichat. Might have to add some exceptions to your java to allow it to play but it runs on Firefox and IE.

Its not for everyone (cause hey some people rock up wanting to twink out then get pissed when they limited) but they reset the WtA venue recently and also off Mage, Vampire, Demon and Changeling

Comment

Originally posted by AlessandraHK View Post
                http://www.immortalvigilance.net/ is a Classic WoD chat running on Digichat. Might have to add some exceptions to your java to allow it to play but it runs on Firefox and IE.

Its not for everyone (cause hey some people rock up wanting to twink out then get pissed when they limited) but they reset the WtA venue recently and also off Mage, Vampire, Demon and Changeling
                I feel sorry for Death, of this chat he has to face and all its old characters passing through the dark gates of hell.. ashes to ashes, dust to dust... I had fun here at one point in time.

Comment

Working...
                X