Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

your favorite OWoD Fiction: Novels, Books of Prophecies or fiction within the books

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your favorite OWoD Fiction: Novels, Books of Prophecies or fiction within the books

pretty much that. what are you favorites, why?
    personally. i love Days of Fire, it always caught my eye the idea of Lucifer telling the story of Everything. As for Fiction within the books, from Hunter The Reckoning's Survival Guide i must go to New Dijon and the aftermaths of the Week of Nightmares. i love how the story shows you how fucked up things were once that event happend from a "human" perspective and how the military tried to response to the aftermath.

• PMárk
    replied
    I didn't read EH so far, but don't worry, if I get it correctly it's more "chick-fic-y". I'm okay with that, I like supernatural/urban fantasy chic-fic. Well maybe not the latter Anita Blake style, but the better series out there, absolutely. Recently reading Kitty Norville, it's quite enjoyable.

Honestly, I think some occasional light-heartedness and romanticism is good for WoD.

Leave a comment:

• Fat Larry
    replied
    Originally posted by nothing View Post
    Ready for this? I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who liked Eternal Hearts for Vampire: The Masquerade.
    Cheers!
    I really enjoyed Eternal Hearts. You're not the only one.

Leave a comment:

• nothing
    replied
    Ready for this? I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who liked Eternal Hearts for Vampire: The Masquerade. I also enjoyed the Victorian Age Vampire trilogy, even when it got... overly sexual (and overshot the mark of gothic eroticism it was aiming for). The rest of the fiction I've read was all right, but ultimately forgettable.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• No One of Consequence
    replied
    The British-based Hunter: The Reckoning material by Adam Tinsworth.

Also Bruce Baugh's short story about Mozart encountering Lucita and being inspired to write A Little Night Music.

Leave a comment:

• Frozenfishy
    replied
    For Werewolf, the novels from the "Rage" line The Silver Crown and Breathe Deeply were pretty good. I remember reading them about twenty years ago in middle school, and then rereading them a few years ago and finding that they held up fairly well. I've read some bad WoD fiction, and these two are certainly not on that list.

For Mage, I'd recommend the recent released short story collection Truth Beyond Paradox. Of all the Mage fiction that I've read, that one seems to be both the best written and the most representative of the setting. However, I do not recommend Truth Until Paradox. It has one or two worthwhile stories, but for the most part misses the mark in quality and understanding how Mage metaphysics works. Also, avoid the Horizon War trilogy, and while The Tower of Babel is an ok story, it's barely a Mage story. It does, however, finish up one of the better stories in Truth Until Paradox.

Leave a comment:

• PMárk
    replied
    Novel? Penny Dreadful so far. I was sad it ended so early.

I'm also kinda fond of the characters in the Hollow Ones revised tradbook. What could I say? I just love HO-s! I hope their story will get continued in M20 and M5.

Leave a comment:

• ChristopherZacher
    replied
    Originally posted by anda View Post

Those were my favorites in the modern setting too! Such awesome characters... but Dark Ages Assamite Clan novel is by far the best thing I've read. I think I read it four times now.
    I'm actually about 50 pages in the DA:Assamite novel and liking it a lot. Nosferatu was awesome too. Way better than the VtM Clan Novels IMO.

Leave a comment:

• anda
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluecho View Post
    The Setite and Ravnos clan novels. Both by the same writer, Kathleen Ryan. They weren't perfect, but it says something that they were the only clan novels I felt like reading a second time through.
    Those were my favorites in the modern setting too! Such awesome characters... but Dark Ages Assamite Clan novel is by far the best thing I've read. I think I read it four times now.

Leave a comment:

• Bluecho
    replied
    The Setite and Ravnos clan novels. Both by the same writer, Kathleen Ryan. They weren't perfect, but it says something that they were the only clan novels I felt like reading a second time through.

Leave a comment:

• ChristopherZacher
    replied
    I just got done re-reading Time of Thing Blood, and dear God, the Week of Nightmares was corny.

I love Revelations of the Dark Mother, it inspired the first story arc for my VtM game.

I just read the first Victorian Vampire Trilogy book, it was fun in a dark campy way.

I love the intro to the Clanbook Giovanni Revised, felt it summed up the family perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• Vysha
    replied
    Seconded: Revelations of the Dark Mother and Apocrypha, both books I've re-read a few times every year. So many story ideas put into those two books.

Leave a comment:

• adambeyoncelowe
    replied
    Revelations of the Dark Mother

Leave a comment:

• Shadowlost
    replied
    Days of Fire
    Erciyes Fragments
    Apocphrya
    Bastet Breedbook
    The short story in the HtR Anthology that has the Guadalupe Droin (Cabbie) teamed up with The Carpenter.
    Last Battle
    Gehenna (novel)

Leave a comment:

• Yaoi Huntress Earth
    replied
    I have a place in my heart for the opening fiction in the original Bone Gnawers Tribebook called, Weird Wolf Tales. It's a loving homage to the Tales From the Crypt stories with Mother Lyrissa as the narrator.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X