Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Beginning Creature Would You Want to Be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lately I feel I would like to be a Demon, maybe a Scourge, or a Devil, or even a gloomy Slayer ^^;

Comment

A Dark Ages Fae Changeling definitely. Preferably in modern nights but I'll take whenever.

Comment

I don't think there are any real downsides to a mage if one doesn't behave in a way that attracts attention. Subtle coincidental stuff is extremely cool on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by vicky_molokh View Post
          I don't think there are any real downsides to a mage if one doesn't behave in a way that attracts attention. Subtle coincidental stuff is extremely cool on its own.
          True, but I bet you wouldn't limit yourself to coincidental stuff. And humans love to show off.

And strange things are drawn to mages like moths to the flame.

So, this Zen Master walks up to a hot dog stand and says: "Make me one with everything!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nonsense View Post

True, but I bet you wouldn't limit yourself to coincidental stuff. And humans love to show off.

And strange things are drawn to mages like moths to the flame.
            I would. I've been overexposed to people talking about how direct use of magic is evil, so I'd rather not use any obvious direct effects (that can result in both Paradox and pitchfork-mobs), and instead focus on things like empowerment of already-existing human abilities. I'd rather do what I can to erase the division between the mundane and the magical!

Comment

You know, even coincidental stuff can and will be botched. And actually the best way to bring magic to the world is the direct vulgar spells straight in the face.
              The coincidental stuff is too easy to cover up.

And regarding the strange things...
              It could even be that your subconsciousnes weaves an effect from time to time.

If you know deep down you could do X, but restrain yourself with your mighty will, there will be a time of temptation.

So, this Zen Master walks up to a hot dog stand and says: "Make me one with everything!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nonsense View Post
                You know, even coincidental stuff can and will be botched. And actually the best way to bring magic to the world is the direct vulgar spells straight in the face.
                The coincidental stuff is too easy to cover up.

And regarding the strange things...
                It could even be that your subconsciousnes weaves an effect from time to time.

If you know deep down you could do X, but restrain yourself with your mighty will, there will be a time of temptation.
                Sure, it can be botched, but since a botch is likely to cause a Paradox discharge, this problem solves itself. Feeling slightly beaten up for less than 24 hours occasionally seems like a fair cost for all the goodies that even Mind 1 provides.

As for the erasure of the line between magical and mundane, I don't mean "Throw a fireball". I mean "Yeah, a person can be so skilled with a katana as to deflect a crossbow bolt or cut through a HMMWV's armour" and "Yeah, a person can be so skilled at handwriting analysis as to have a 95% lie detection rate against total strangers" and "Yeah, Sherlock guessing the safe's code based on just looking at the owner is totally based on things doable in real life" kind of blur between the mundane and the magical.

It's not about restraining oneself against temptation. It's about being tempted by a different archetype.

Comment

I agree we disagree 😊

Comment

Oooh, it's hard to pick just one.

If I were a mage, my likely first choice, OoH or orphan would be at the top of my list. On the Convention side, VE would tickle my fancy.

For the changing breeds, I'd love to be a Bastet, but breed is a tough choice. I like the Ceilican, but the constant change would irritate me. I love the Qualmi, but I detest riddles with the fury of a thousand suns. Pumonca are 'local', so that's nice, but the stark individuality is off putting. So I'd want to be Bastet, but there isn't a breed I'd really be happy with.

For the Garou, definitely homid and ragabash (given the day I was born). I'd have to be a Child of Gaia. Black Furies would be my first option, but given they dump all their male pups elsewhere... CoG it is. By heritage, I could technically be Get, but I wouldn't survive that. I like the concepts of the Uktena, but again, heritage becomes an issue. All else fails, Glass Walker would be acceptable.

Edited to add: Mokole would definitely be an option if they had the western version of the zhou lung's draconic forms.
                    Last edited by Ariketh; 11-17-2016, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Hmm. It would be down to three. Silent Strider Homid ( Philidox) Mage-Akashic Brotherhood (Mo-tzu Fa) and DemonHunter (Shih)

I've always prefered Wanderlust Detective/Problem Solvers Characters that have a Worldy view. These hitting a good deal of my prefs.

Comment

Hmm, it would be a Fiona or Leanhaun Sidhe changeling. <3

Comment

Today? A Brujah. A pissed off, angry, no fucks given Brujah.

PENTEX SUCKS.

I'm a gamer. I'm conservative. We exist.

Comment

hmmm difficult... Not a Vampire I think since I like to have some day time.
                            A Demon maybe? then again that would mean I'd likely be rather low in the hierarchy and sooner or later someone bigger, bader and much more tormented will come along and really get you into long lasting trouble.
                            An Ananasi could be cool. Bad things happen, yea... but I don't really care too much *shrugs*. Also cool powers and the possibility of pretty much eternal live though it all depends on what the mother queen has in store for you.

Comment

Cult of Ecstasy Mage.

Comment

I would most definitely be a Mage just since they are human and don't have any bad curse on them. Not sure if I would be a OoH in the idea of John Constantine or Indiana Jones, or a NWO so I could be James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X