Heartwarming moments in gaming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heartwarming moments in gaming

Im on my cellphone right now, i owe you one story. But im curious to hear/read your stories

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
    ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
    Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
    Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

The vampires in our chronicle – call them Tracey and Cindy – ran afoul of a ghost who had a LOT of unfinished business, but the vampires learned just how much of a pain in the ass such could be only after burning down the decrepit farmhouse where the ghost was stuck. In the basement was an almost-alive being who wasn't quite human, not quite pure spirit, an apparent late-teens fellow with no social skills and complete inability to speak. After the blaze, he made his way to the vampires' shared haven, and after some nights of consternation, the girls decided two things: First, that he would be called Victor, and second that they were responsible for him.

Victor grew into an almost-independent person, but he remained mute and naïve to a point that he needed protection. The chronicle reached a point where the girls needed to 'save' Victor from some others who mistook him for being like themselves – what we here would recongise as Amenti from Mummy: the Resurrection – but the 'rescue mission' went wrong in a many ways. The girls wound up finding Victor in a flophouse owned by his would-be liberators, and as they sought to rush him out to the (dubious) safety of their own care, Cindy (a Malkavian with some SERIOUSLY scary issues) saw Victor's books left by this makeshift bed. There was a copy of Frankenstein, a library copy of Grimm's Fairy Tales, and the picture book The Little Duck. Cindy scooped them all up and ran out. Back at their haven, after some security stuff, Tracey asked what else they needed, and Cindy pulled out the books. Then our very practical Brujah Tracey gave the books back to Victor and launched into an impassioned speech about how important one's books are.

...Much later (months in game time, years in real time), Victor eventually went off to his own destiny as the vampires prepared for the end of the world, but before he could go, the characters made DAMNED sure that Victor had his books with him. In that session, we actually roleplayed the last time that Cindy read The Little Duck to Victor, as I had a copy from my childhood. As the voices inside her head told her she was being foolish, she read. As Tracey's Beast raged at the delay, she sat and made the proper 'duck sounds' along with the reading. It was a lovely moment of two monsters reading a last story to an unnatural boy.

B.I.G. Bird spreads the word: Anybody with a heart votes love

Comment

Ok, so on my game one Ahroun get of fenris ended up marrying a Hermetic mage and they have two kids. (And yes, i know this pairing woudnt work out). Thing is , they decided to raise their "Cub" or "Pups" (thats how they like to call the kids) as humans until they are ready for their first change or to see if they are Kinfolk..Or to offer them a chance for a normal life.

The couple took the twins for trick or treating. First time they did as such, they headed off to to the closes't neighbourgh and the kids ran to the first house they saw, they knocked at the door and an old woman showed up saying "Halloween is satanic." and slammed the door infront of the kids. The children's were sad and started to have second thoughts about the whole experience, wanting to go home and such.

The Get of Fenris started to build up rage but tried to keep civilized infront of her son and daughter. The mage on the other hand said "Sweetie, let me go and talk to her." The woman gave a sight as she stood nearby, wanting to use Persuation or other gifts.

The mage knocked at the door as the boy was crying for the humilliation and the girl was just watching, the mother seeing the situation.
      Suddenly, the old woman came strolling out of the house, carrying bowl of candy and saying "im sorry for misstreating your lovely children's, here. have as much candy as you want, Please forgive me for being an old bitter lady. but i wish you a happy halloween!."

The kids coudn't belive it as the torrent's of sweets fell into their grabby hands. they just ran to the next house with their spirits high. The old lady went back to her house as the mage came back, holding his head for a moment as his eyes were full of blood and some drips of the very own blood came running down his nose. The get of fenris was surprised and a bit angry saying "Vulgar magick? really?. you know the cost of it!."
      the mage only smiled as they saw their kids running to the next house, this one saying "No one is ruining our kid's first halloween."

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
      ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
      Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
      Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

Originally posted by Phaolan View Post
        The vampires in our chronicle – call them Tracey and Cindy – ran afoul of a ghost who had a LOT of unfinished business, but the vampires learned just how much of a pain in the ass such could be only after burning down the decrepit farmhouse where the ghost was stuck. In the basement was an almost-alive being who wasn't quite human, not quite pure spirit, an apparent late-teens fellow with no social skills and complete inability to speak. After the blaze, he made his way to the vampires' shared haven, and after some nights of consternation, the girls decided two things: First, that he would be called Victor, and second that they were responsible for him.

Victor grew into an almost-independent person, but he remained mute and naïve to a point that he needed protection. The chronicle reached a point where the girls needed to 'save' Victor from some others who mistook him for being like themselves – what we here would recongise as Amenti from Mummy: the Resurrection – but the 'rescue mission' went wrong in a many ways. The girls wound up finding Victor in a flophouse owned by his would-be liberators, and as they sought to rush him out to the (dubious) safety of their own care, Cindy (a Malkavian with some SERIOUSLY scary issues) saw Victor's books left by this makeshift bed. There was a copy of Frankenstein, a library copy of Grimm's Fairy Tales, and the picture book https://www.amazon.com/Little-Duck-Pictureback-R/dp/0394832477"]The Little Duck[/URL]. Cindy scooped them all up and ran out. Back at their haven, after some security stuff, Tracey asked what else they needed, and Cindy pulled out the books. Then our very practical Brujah Tracey gave the books back to Victor and launched into an impassioned speech about how important one's books are.

...Much later (months in game time, years in real time), Victor eventually went off to his own destiny as the vampires prepared for the end of the world, but before he could go, the characters made DAMNED sure that Victor had his books with him. In that session, we actually roleplayed the last time that Cindy read The Little Duck to Victor, as I had a copy from my childhood. As the voices inside her head told her she was being foolish, she read. As Tracey's Beast raged at the delay, she sat and made the proper 'duck sounds' along with the reading. It was a lovely moment of two monsters reading a last story to an unnatural boy.
        I love this! Soooo much!

Especially as it kept coming up as an important thing to do for the characters over many months and situations.

Thank you for sharing

Comment

In gaming generally I have quite a few heartwarming stories, IC and OOC. In the World Of Darkness, not so many.

But when presented with a scarily powerful ancilla who was pursuing a pregnant woman through the streets of his domain on Christmas Eve and offered the opportunity to join his meal, all the characters in my current V20 game sided with the victim. Which resulted in a chase to a shelter, getting the victim to a public place to force the ancilla to back off, and a questionable "Masquerade violation" rule by the Prince as an excuse to put the ancilla down. (And an angel sighting by the group's Malkavian member, which helped convince her that they were probably doing the right thing for a change.)

Craig Oxbrow
          The Trinity Continuum freelancer

Comment

I really wanted to have a better memory for my heartwarming moments. They are usually common and I love them.

Actually, this is the only reason I could survive, and indeed prosper, with a character that kept its Humanity at 9 for the entire chronicle, my beloved Salubri.

Sorry if I seem too straightforward, or if I don't get you. Autism isn't a forgiving condition.

Comment

Our motley gaggle of changelings and kinain redeeming a BSD. We ran into Cuhulainn eating out of the trash behind O'Tolley's, suggest he eat something else, then drag him home to our freehold. Where he proceeded to get drunk on our Glamour, enchanted by mistake, and we eventually gave him a group hug after we realized he'd lost his cubs.

Comment

The roses are really fond of our local non-Banal New World Order Technocrat.

The roses tried to daub away the rain beading on Dark's skin with waterproof silk. They left spring-scented outer robes wrapped loosely about his shoulders and draped across his hair. It was a dangerous thing to do, especially with nightfolk. Even if the roses' voile would eventually disintegrate into a scattering of rose petals, leaves and thorns.

Comment

As a foreword, this game I play in is an original VtM Camarilla chronicle, V20 style, and the setting is much less Lovecraftian/incoming-apocalypse than typical WoD settings. No Gehenna, no Week of Nightmares, none of that endgame stuff. It has a Noire mystery feel, and the characters (NPCs included) are played as much more human than monster, albeit lonely and world-weary, their mentalities and personalities somewhat stuck in the same place as when they were Embraced. Most Kindred (who don't go looking for supernatural trouble) don't really grow alien or deranged with time so much as they fall into the rut of the unending court politics that hold them together, while still being unwilling to really trust each other.

Enter my little neonate Gangrel, a newcomer to the city, whose backstory grants that the lines of whom she's "supposed to" like/hate/avoid in terms of clans and sects were never ingrained in her by her sire. She just tries to stay out of everyone's way and gets a job as a bartender at a small night club. Wouldn't you know who shows up in her first week there? The local Ravnos rake, who has (grudging) permission from the Prince to stay in the city as he likes and even join Tower politics, mostly because giving him turf means he makes sure that any other Ravnos who roll through won't cause trouble on it.

The first thing he does when he realizes my Gangrel is Kindred? Well, first he flirts and teases her, of course. Then he apologizes for looking to feed in "her" club and promises not to do it again. What does my clueless gal do when faced with someone who's basically polite? She thanks him and talks to him for a bit. He is unsurprisingly not welcome in other Kindred domains in the city, though no one would dare kick him out if he showed up and risk bringing down the wrath of the Ravnos clan on themselves. My gal tells him she doesn't mind if he wants to come to the club, so long as he doesn't make trouble. He tells her he's surprised she didn't snarl or spit as soon as he mentioned which clan he's from, and all she can do is shrug, because he's the first Ravnos she's ever met, and she'd rather have someone around from his clan who's courteous (if flamboyant and prone to teasing) than someone from her own clan who's an a-hole. After the scene, she finds that he's slipped a silver wolf buckle into her bag.

Fast forward some time, during which he's shown up every so often just to hang out in a welcoming place and talk to my gal. He tells her that he ran into her sire on his last trip (who is looking for her and whom she's avoiding), and when he figured out it was her sire, lied that he didn't know anyone by her description. Fast forward some more time and her sire shows up unexpectedly, kind of ambushing her. The Ravnos arrives and helps her make an exit, pissing off her sire to no end, but because of the timing of some recent events, she asks if he set the situation up. He is hurt by the accusation and she quickly apologizes, and thanks him for not only helping her now but also for lying to her sire earlier on, making an enemy for himself in the process. He explains that when her sire sought information about her, "I suppressed it, from other sources as well. Why? Cause I can, cause I like f***ing around with the heads of others and cause you accepted my gift, even unknowning. Wearing that is a wise thing - it marks you clan sister," meaning the wolf buckle he gave her way back when they first met.

And that is how my little Gangrel gained Clan Friendship with the Ravnos, by showing some simple kindness to a guy who was used to being scorned by everyone around him, and by being welcoming whenever his wandering existence brought him back to the one place he used as an anchor.

What did my gal learn from all this? Kindred seriously underestimate the power of being nice.

Comment

Working...
                  X