Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a entitled commoner Kith presured towards or a way from a house?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a entitled commoner Kith presured towards or a way from a house?

Culturally is there more of a trend towards entitled Commoners joining or staying outside of houses? And does this vary by title level?

If a commoner is doing something impressive enough to earn a title, it seems like a noble house would definitely be recruiting her. First off, if she's skilled enough to be ennobled, her skills would give an advantage to whichever house she joins. Also, by getting as many noble fae sworn to the house as possible consolidates power within the houses. It seems to me that even the conservative houses wouldn't want a rogue noble out there acting independently and diluting the power of the houses. I'd bet they'd rather grit their teeth and bear having a commoner kith in their ranks than suffer any loss of power.

Charlie Cantrell
    Onyx Path Freelancer
    Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

My assumption was always that the only way for a Commoner to become entitled was to receive a title from a House, thereby making them part of that House. I could be mistaken though.

Comment

I've seen some groups say house membership is a requirement for title. I've seen other groups say title and house membership have correlation but not causation. As long as everyone in the game is having fun, either way is correct to me

Charlie Cantrell
        Onyx Path Freelancer
        Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

Well if only houses can give titles, no would ever have had a title before the Resurgence unless they were all Scathach. That has implications. As we know some Commoners ruled themselves prior to the Resurgence, it stands to reason they had titles of their own. Whether these titles carried the weight of the Dreaming or not ultimately depends on what you think is right for your table. Would a vote by the ruled suffice? It seems like a kind of oath, so maybe. Would conquest? That's more of a grey area, I think.

Comment

I was asking this because previously in one of our other WOD game its been heavily implied that the Lord of Washington DC is a newly Crowned Ailil. Now that we are moving into playing Changeling in the same continuity I'm enamored with the idea of a Pooka Ailil but wasn't sure how snow flakey that would be...

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
              I was asking this because previously in one of our other WOD game its been heavily implied that the Lord of Washington DC is a newly Crowned Ailil. Now that we are moving into playing Changeling in the same continuity I'm enamored with the idea of a Pooka Ailil but wasn't sure how snow flakey that would be...
              It's perfectly fine. Go for it.

Comment

Tangential question but I hesitated to open a thread for it anyway. Imagine the context of a war in Concordia between Commoners and Nobles (like foreshadowed in Way of the Commoner), do you think commoner nobles will take side for nobles, commoner or it will entirely depend of the guy, as commoner nobles were depicted as a bridge between the two ?

Comment

If a civil war were to break out in Concordia, I doubt the sides would be nearly as cut and dry as they were during the Accordance War. I'd imagine it would be more along class lines than purely by kith. Landless sidhe might side more with disenfranchised Kithain while ennobled commoners might be more loyal to house than kith.

Charlie Cantrell
                  Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

Originally posted by PookaKnight View Post
                    If a civil war were to break out in Concordia, I doubt the sides would be nearly as cut and dry as they were during the Accordance War. I'd imagine it would be more along class lines than purely by kith. Landless sidhe might side more with disenfranchised Kithain while ennobled commoners might be more loyal to house than kith.

I thought there were a sizeable amount of Paper nobles in Concordia, especially for the Unseelie and second coming houses.

Comment

Working...
                    X