An evil Record Producer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An evil Record Producer

I am thinking about getting C20 when it comes out and I have a question. I already came up with an antagonist who runs a record label. I want to know how I can make him fit in Changeling.

It depends, really. What role do you want him to play?

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Originally posted by marin View Post
      It depends, really. What role do you want him to play?
      Kinda like a big boss type character. My storyline starts off when one of the Changelings rescues a human relative who happens to be a musician who was being exploited by the producer. The producer, wanting him back, sends people after them.

Comment

Is the antagonist a changeling? If so, he could be using the label as a way of finding Dreamers to Ravage, preying on one generation of hopefuls after another for Glamour and cranking out one-hit wonders to fill his wallet at the same time. If you're seeing it as more of an Autumn Person, then he could be making sure that everything that the label puts out fits neatly into a set formula of what works to appeal to the lowest common denominator and crushing any attempts at creativity or originality in favor of constant rehashes of the same shallow things.

Currently working on: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action
        Projects I've contributed to: C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post
          Is the antagonist a changeling? If so, he could be using the label as a way of finding Dreamers to Ravage, preying on one generation of hopefuls after another for Glamour and cranking out one-hit wonders to fill his wallet at the same time. If you're seeing it as more of an Autumn Person, then he could be making sure that everything that the label puts out fits neatly into a set formula of what works to appeal to the lowest common denominator and crushing any attempts at creativity or originality in favor of constant rehashes of the same shallow things.
          He is a Autumn Person. He could be doing rehashed songs. But I also picture him being the type of guy who exploits his musicians by going back on his word multiple times and paying them less than the contract specified. Also, does the hiring thugs to track them down part sound too dark for Changeling?
          Last edited by Killerclown; 11-24-2016, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerclown View Post

He is a Autumn Person. He could be doing rehashed songs. But I also picture him being the type of guy who exploits his musicians by going back on his word multiple times and paying them less than the contract specified. Also, does the hiring thugs to track them down part sound too dark for Changeling?
            Not at all. Changeling can be quite dark. Things to keep in mind, though, is that he'd probably have some way of covering his ass if he's going to hire thugs. If he's going to be an effective boss enemy, then he'll need to know how to keep himself out of legal trouble. He'd probably be less likely to go back on the letter of the contract, and more likely to exploit loopholes in the legalese. For example, instead of paying less than the amount specified, he'd probably point out fees owed to the label or penalties associated with certain activities. Going back on his spoken word works well, as long as there's no recordings of what he's said around. I'd play up his money, too. Give him some highly paid lawyers and a few choice corrupt police officers in his pocket. If he does get taken to court, he plays it off so that many court dates are needed, eventually bankrupting whoever is trying to sue him just from legal fees. Those are just a few thoughts I had about it.

Also, thank you for posting this up here. Thinking about this has inspired a whole story for the world-hopping game that I'm currently running for my wife, and she's already quite excited just from the little bit that I've shared with her.

Projects I've contributed to: C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

Not at all. Changeling can be quite dark. Things to keep in mind, though, is that he'd probably have some way of covering his ass if he's going to hire thugs. If he's going to be an effective boss enemy, then he'll need to know how to keep himself out of legal trouble. He'd probably be less likely to go back on the letter of the contract, and more likely to exploit loopholes in the legalese. For example, instead of paying less than the amount specified, he'd probably point out fees owed to the label or penalties associated with certain activities. Going back on his spoken word works well, as long as there's no recordings of what he's said around. I'd play up his money, too. Give him some highly paid lawyers and a few choice corrupt police officers in his pocket. If he does get taken to court, he plays it off so that many court dates are needed, eventually bankrupting whoever is trying to sue him just from legal fees. Those are just a few thoughts I had about it.

Also, thank you for posting this up here. Thinking about this has inspired a whole story for the world-hopping game that I'm currently running for my wife, and she's already quite excited just from the little bit that I've shared with her.
              That sounds like a good idea and I will take your suggestions. Also, you are planning on using the producer in a chronicle? I am okay with that. Also, is their a way for changelings to fight back against thugs or any other human enemy my guy throws at them?

Comment

That sounds like a good idea and I will take your suggestions. Also, you are planning on using the producer in a chronicle? I am okay with that. Also, is their a way for changelings to fight back against thugs or any other human enemy my guy throws at them?
                There's plenty that a changeling can do, depending on kith and Arts/Realms. If the characters are creative, they can use a lot of the powers to defend themselves. Without knowing the characters, I can't give specific examples that would be necessarily relevant to your situation.

I will be using an evil producer for the next story, although I dare say that it will be much different from yours. In mine, the character will be entering a world where such a character will have managed to regulate all the creativity out of music in an effort to eradicate the "mental illness " of changelings.

Comment

There's plenty that a changeling can do, depending on kith and Arts/Realms. If the characters are creative, they can use a lot of the powers to defend themselves. Without knowing the characters, I can't give specific examples that would be necessarily relevant to your situation.

I will be using an evil producer for the next story, although I dare say that it will be much different from yours. In mine, the character will be entering a world where such a character will have managed to regulate all the creativity out of music in an effort to eradicate the "mental illness " of changelings.
                  ​Can I provide you with a hypothetical scenario where a group of NPC changelings are attacked by a group of thugs sent by the producer and you can show me how they fight back?
                  Last edited by Killerclown; 11-24-2016, 09:57 PM.

Comment

​Can I provide you with a hypothetical scenario where a group of NPC changelings are attacked by a group of thugs sent by the producer and you can show me how they fight back?
                    Absolutely. I'd need to know kiths, Arts, and Realms for the changelings and weapons and tactics of the thugs, but I'm sure I could come up with something.

Comment

Absolutely. I'd need to know kiths, Arts, and Realms for the changelings and weapons and tactics of the thugs, but I'm sure I could come up with something.
                      Would it make sense if one of the members of the changeling group is a Sidhe? Also, the human relative is gonna be related to either a Satyr or a Boggan.
                      Last edited by Killerclown; 11-25-2016, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Would it make sense if one of the members of the changeling group is a Sidhe? Also, the human relative is gonna be related to either a Satyr or a Boggan.
                        It could make perfect sense, if the sidhe has a good reason to hang around with the commoners. Really the characters just need a plausible backstory to make that work. One possibility would be for the characters to have been friends before they ever learned that they were changelings.

Comment

It could make perfect sense, if the sidhe has a good reason to hang around with the commoners. Really the characters just need a plausible backstory to make that work. One possibility would be for the characters to have been friends before they ever learned that they were changelings.
                          ​Them being friends actually makes perfect since. Also, I decided to make the human relative related to the Boggan character because it would makes since for a kith that has a compulsion to help others to help one of his relatives. Also, here is the appearance of the Record Producer https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/busi...k-16415064.jpg

​And this the appearance of one of the thugs you will encounter in the scenario. http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbvie...35873-thug.jpg

Comment

When I saw the topic of this thread, I immediately thought of Suge Knight as a redcap.

This is what happens when an Abyssal Exalted ends up in H.o.L.
                            (Also known as "Derpwraith" and "PretentiousFontsGuy
                            ").

Comment

Originally posted by Nazfool View Post
                              When I saw the topic of this thread, I immediately thought of Suge Knight as a redcap.
                              ​I looked him up on Wikipedia after you posted that. I can see why.

Comment

Working...
                              X