No announcement yet.

Why are Satyrs the sexual kith?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fae souls in necessarily finite but it doesn't mean the number is low. I think there is a lot of changeling souls a large part of them not even being incarnate yet (some are in Arcadia, some others are on the Bright Road).

For the OP, like some said before, don't forget that Satyr have a power that lowers your Banality and lifts your inhibitions.

Comment

I would think that fae souls are potentially infinite, at least as long as there are living humans, because they are born of human dreams and human nightmares. Concerning the genetics of Changelings, I am not sure if Changelings can be born to parents of another Kith. Otherwise, why were there no Sidhe on Earth before the 60s?

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
        I would think that fae souls are potentially infinite, at least as long as there are living humans, because they are born of human dreams and human nightmares. Concerning the genetics of Changelings, I am not sure if Changelings can be born to parents of another Kith. Otherwise, why were there no Sidhe on Earth before the 60s?
        Faerie souls are immortal but not infinite. The world is all but consumed by banality, making it nearly impossible for new faerie souls to come into being. Modern changelings are the dying embers of a once proud race desperately trying to keep the spark of humanity lit in the face of overwhelming despair. Any new faerie souls to come into being during the current times would be a momentous occasion indeed.

They don't reproduce sexually (except for when they do), so genetics doesn't play a part in creating a new faerie (again, except for when it does). Faerie souls seem to be more attracted to human family lines with faerie blood, so families with faerie ancestry are more likely to have changeling children. Fae of a certain kith may be more attracted to families who share their blood, but there is nothing that prevents a changeling of one kith to be born of parents descended of another.

There were exceedingly few sidhe on Earth from the time of the Shattering until the late 1960s because the nobility fled to Arcadia just before the two worlds became sealed apart. Most of those who did stay behind weren't able to withstand the onslaught of banality like their commoner counterparts, and were utterly destroyed. It wasn't until the Resurgence that glamour was finally able to regain a little ground against banality, reopening the gates between the two worlds and allowing the sidhe to return to Earth and undergo some form of the Changeling Way.

Charlie Cantrell
        Onyx Path Freelancer
        Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

As for the goat legs being a turn off, don't forget that changelings are part dream. They see a satyr and a human part of them see a half goat, half human. But the changeling soul in them see a thousand stories of passion, freedom and lust.

Comment

And I imagine that the there are secret furries.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
              And I imagine that the there are secret furries.
              I think its more relevant for enchanted mortals than changelings.

Comment

To put it in Mage terms:

Every good mage knows that belief is power, even for the Sleepers. It is belief that makes a given spell coincidental or vulgar, belief that shapes what a mage can or can't do. And it is the awesome might of Unbelief that crushes a mystic' supernatural allies, annihilating them for the crime of existing when the Consensus says they shouldn't.

What most mages never stop to wonder is whether there is a constructive counterpart to Unbelief, something that makes the impossible real. The Sleepers have Avatars, too, after all - they're just not actively shaping the universe.

The Dreaming is a result of that countering phenomena - "that which should exist, does". Anything enough humans actively belief in, dream about, fear . . .eventually become real (at least chimerically).

So when an entire civilization is convinced there are sexually ravenous goat-men have orgies in the woods, seducing any woman who wanders by . . . Well, sooner or later, there actually will be sexually ravenous goat-men in those woods. . .

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
                I mean, i am aware that satyrs were always the sexy ones in greek myths. i'ts just hard for me to imagine them still being so sexy in a urban fantasy setting. i just can't imagine anyone actually wanting them in their bed y'know? i'm thinking i'm just small minded
                In the words of Austin Powers. they are "hairy like wild animal!"

Each kith is born from a specific dream or fantasy, and satyrs aren't a love-type. Reciting sonnets, scattering rose petals on the bed . . . that's sidhe territory. No, satyrs are a sex fantasy. The dream of ripping you clothes off, and just going at it, until the bed collapses around the two of you . . . fifteen hours later.

A female satyr is never "too tired" for sex, never "has a headache". A male never has "performance anxiety", nor goes soft at an inopportune time. If you want sweet and thoughtful gestures from your partner, look elsewhere. A satyr is for when you want to rut like animals in heat.

They're everything a bored Greek noblewoman imagined, when she fantasized about some barbarian carrying her off and having his way with her. What every repressed medieval clergyman feared a certain hoofed-and-horned demon might convince his congregation to do. What every modern woman hopes for when she develops a crush on a "fugly" musician, and tries to sneak back stage.

And that carries through to their kith. On some level, even mundanes recognize a satyr as a wild potential sex partner. After all, that's what the mundanes created them to be.
                Last edited by One Vorlon; 12-15-2016, 08:51 PM.

Comment

A quick note, the death of Euridice, wife of Orpheus, on greek mythology, were caused by a satyr.

In greek mythology, they were a representative of the male impulse, the animus, a primal instinct...

Well, basically, Eurídice choose death rather than being raped by this brute male primordial force.

So... An unseelie satyr perhaps, translating to C:tD?

Comment

I might not be an expert on Changelings...but i know a thing or two about sensualists (Once you party with a Cultist of Ectasy you can understand Everything *Cue Rod Stewart* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hphwfq1wLJs )

personally, i think its mainly because they are the most laid ones, the ones who can appreciate the simplest things. I belive that they like to...how to put it....live by enjoying the passion's of life and showing it by being -not constantly aroused- but enjoying the moment...

The Dude Abides sort of deal. but if you can mix some kinky in there, well... all the better, after all life is to celebrate

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
                    ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
                    Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
                    Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

Working...
                    X