The Techno-Kith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Techno-Kith

Now, obviously I don't literally mean there is one Kith above all associated with computers (though the Nockers are probably the most likely), but I am trying to figure what the most likely Kith is that would have hackers in it. I've been stuck between Sluagh (though I admit this is likely influenced from my experience with Nosferatu despite the two being almost nothing alike) and Nockers (which, in Mage terms, would be more like Etherites than Virtual Adepts).

I know there's likely not going to be a good answer for this, and it will likely just be what I figured which is whatever I'm doing figure out what fits best for that particular thing, but I'm hoping maybe others had some ideas. To be clear, I'm just looking for what Kith you think you'd most likely find online, hacking, and interacting with communities online. Sluagh to me speaks of a lurker, I figured Redcaps would have flame wars, Nockers could work but I just see them working with their hands to build something more than being in an online community. So what do you all think?

"The only consistent wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" ~ Socrates

Hm, I would actually go with Trolls because of their Stubbornness, which gives them bonus dice to Willpower to avoid distraction and temptation, which is essential for any hacker that spending days reading through code to figure out an exploit and weeks trying to find an unsecured access point into a restricted network. Of course, we are talking about real hackers. If you are talking about push-button script-kiddies, anyone could be a hacker.

Comment

Originally posted by Imthestein View Post
      Now, obviously I don't literally mean there is one Kith above all associated with computers (though the Nockers are probably the most likely), but I am trying to figure what the most likely Kith is that would have hackers in it. I've been stuck between Sluagh (though I admit this is likely influenced from my experience with Nosferatu despite the two being almost nothing alike) and Nockers (which, in Mage terms, would be more like Etherites than Virtual Adepts).

I know there's likely not going to be a good answer for this, and it will likely just be what I figured which is whatever I'm doing figure out what fits best for that particular thing, but I'm hoping maybe others had some ideas. To be clear, I'm just looking for what Kith you think you'd most likely find online, hacking, and interacting with communities online. Sluagh to me speaks of a lurker, I figured Redcaps would have flame wars, Nockers could work but I just see them working with their hands to build something more than being in an online community. So what do you all think?
      There's whole factions of various other Traditions that do hacking, and its not even central to the VA paradigm(there's one who are just MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATH) so being "Too Etherite" really doesn't discount someone. Of course here's the thing the various Kithain have this wonderful Realm called.. Prop. At high ends it lets you easily apply your cantrips to computers, a Sidhe can command a computer to do things it woudl take hours of coding, a Pooka can trick a computer with its lies. They interact on a fairy tale level with the world after all.

Though if we really want to get at who's best at CODING.. its bogans. The biggest Hurdle to coding is time. The bogan birthright makes them sublime coders cutting days into hours.. and then you have a small group of them that cuts it down even more so.

Comment

Eshu could use Talecraft and Prop to make virtual reality chimera to act as avatars and do the legwork for them. Sidhe could use Oneiromancy to ride the dreams of Technocrats already in virtual reality to enter that way.

Maybe electricity elementals would be best of all, though?

Comment

I think a redcap hacker/internet troll would be fun to play. I wonder how well Bully Browbeat works with cyberbullying?

This is what happens when an Abyssal Exalted ends up in H.o.L.
          (Also known as "Derpwraith" and "PretentiousFontsGuy
          ").

Comment

I read something about House Dougal dabbling into internet back then.

My bet is on any kith and house, though. Because anyone can be a hacker if they have a mind for that.

Also... which Realm and level you need to cast your cantrips on programs and viruses?

Comment

Originally posted by Firkraag View Post
              I read something about House Dougal dabbling into internet back then.

My bet is on any kith and house, though. Because anyone can be a hacker if they have a mind for that.

Also... which Realm and level you need to cast your cantrips on programs and viruses?

prop 5, Though various levels of actor would let you mess with people.

Comment

Working...
              X