Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to pass through the Changeling Way during adulthood nowadays?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to pass through the Changeling Way during adulthood nowadays?

Hey!
    I'm conceiving a new chronicle where the characters are going to start as normal humans (unconsciously possessing faerie blood) that have accidentaly passed through a Trod. During their journey through the Dreaming they're going to deal with a lot of chalenges that somehow will show them that life is hard and full of sorrows, then, if they succed and reach the final point, they're going to find a magnificent cortege with gorgeous people made of pure dreams, light and beauty. The court'll say to them that they were actually convoking them.
    At this moment, they'll offer them an odd deal.
    As living is all about sorrow, pain, death and losses, they're all willing to freed the characters from those things. They'll offer this deal: the characters can live forever, young and far from all those things that've hurt them somehow. To complete this gift, they must leave their old lives. Their bodies and memories will be left behind, and those wonderful creatures will carry their burden of living, dressing their bodies and memories and suffering all those afflictions of living instead of those blessed characters.

Or this is how they'll try to present this contract.

The question is: is it possible to an adult or young character pass through the Changeling Way nowadays?

If that's the idea you are using for your game, then absolutely. I'm not sure if there's any mechanics to support it, but it sounds like a great start of a game to me.

Currently working on: [REDACTED]

Comment

It seems Arcadian SIdhe did that?

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
        It seems Arcadian SIdhe did that?
        I don't know since this term is new to me (I heard it for the first time when they announced C20).

I'm designing the challenges and'll post here soon.

I'm wondering if a Changeling who passes through this process needs to pass through Chrysalis after that.

Comment

There are two ways you can do this with the RAW:

1. This *is* their chrysalis. A bunch of adults who should've awoken already are called to the Dreaming to finally see their true selves and return as fae.

2. These humans are being asked to give up their mortal bodies in exchange for immortality in Acadia. The players can then either continue as mortals in an alien fantasy realm or play the sidhe who take their bodies.

Both are possible, although the latter is closer to what you propose. The latter is also how Arcadian Sidhe (literally sidhe from Arcadia) are given human forms. According to Time of Judgement, the displaced human souls might not get a great deal, but that's an optional sourcebook anyway.

Comment

Actually I kind of love the idea of "not a great deal in truth", as presented in ToJ and DotD (Keremet). This intro is just to show faeries as something more unpredictable, with their own purposes and their own interpretation of the word Fair.

Do the Arcadian Sidhes keep the feelings and emotions about the things and people that body used to feel before? I still don't want those characters to be something new (as the players worked so hard conceiving them), I want exactly what a Chrysalis does: you are something different, but partially still the same.

Comment

yes its possible.

More often an adult would be Reawakening, after having undergone the forgetting.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon.Sidhe View Post

I don't know since this term is new to me (I heard it for the first time when they announced C20).

I'm designing the challenges and'll post here soon.

I'm wondering if a Changeling who passes through this process needs to pass through Chrysalis after that.

Well its new to c20 but it existed before when the SIdhe came from Arcadia they took bodies, now future generations were born in such but those first resurgence Sidhe took the bodies of living people.

Comment

The non-Arcadian Sidhe (or Autumn Sidhe as they are called) being the Scathach or some Lost Ones left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon.Sidhe View Post
                    Actually I kind of love the idea of "not a great deal in truth", as presented in ToJ and DotD (Keremet). This intro is just to show faeries as something more unpredictable, with their own purposes and their own interpretation of the word Fair.

Do the Arcadian Sidhes keep the feelings and emotions about the things and people that body used to feel before? I still don't want those characters to be something new (as the players worked so hard conceiving them), I want exactly what a Chrysalis does: you are something different, but partially still the same.
                    They keep those memories. Like demons and mummies.

Comment

Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post

They keep those memories. Like demons and mummies.

Funny how that works.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

Funny how that works.
                        Or lazy writers.

Comment

Ok, they keep those memories. So they also keep the emotions and feelings? I mean, one Arcadian Sidhe would love somebody her host used to love?

Comment

Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post

Or lazy writers.

Well if you want to be Doyalist about it Demons and Mummies who have no idea how to be human would be very hard to play, even COD versions of them have ways to slot them into the universe preset.

on a Watsonian level though, Demons are Changelings who have mastered Feeding on Monotheism..

Comment

Working...
                            X