Dreamer questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreamer questions

What happens if you Muse / Ravage / Rhapsodize / Rend [Dauntain Ravaging] / Reap [literally scaring someone to death and gathering Glamour] Nephandi, Technocrats and Marauders? Do you gain dark Glamour? Nightmare Glamour? Is it tainted? On one hand, you're targeting things that need to die -- Nephandi, Technocrats -- but they're still Dreamers.

Something bad, I would think. The Technocrats don't have to be bad guys, though. They want the best for mankind, they just have a different idea of what is good for man and the world in general.

Comment

The few Technocrats we know are okay. They aren't Autumn People. We wouldn't do anything other than Muse them. I was just idly curious about what would occur if you Ravaged one. Or Rhapsodized one. Or you know, ripped Glamour out of a Nephandus. I imagine Marauders might be easier to Muse, if their worldview and ours happened to mesh.

Comment

Yeah, the Technocrats are like cosmic traffic cops, irritating when they stop us but still a good idea. The nephandi I wouldn't touch, they're too slimy even for the Sluagh. The marauders on the other hand might be a huge fount of glamour to the point of overflow. If there were such a thing as too much Glamour, it might be them!

Comment

The Technocrats are Dreamers ? I see them as being utterly banal people because they try to enforce a banal paradigm on humanity. But know you say it... It's not because they are Science that they are Banal. I suppose one can bring wonder to his techno-stuff. But I thought it was the area of the Sons of Ether and Virtual Adept...

Comment

I think you are right. Most technocrats want safety and comfort for mankind and tend to oppose that which is whimsical, because it could create a trend they cannot control. Marauders are chaos incarnate. Taking glamour from them might send you swiftly spiraling into deep Bedlam.

Comment

We bent the rules so we could all play together. Anything that gets in the way of fun gets tossed. Plus one of them is a Marauder and another one is an anurana werefrog. Or a chulorviah.

Comment

Nephandi? Throw in some Nightmare dice (maybe one per Glamour point). Marauder? Double the Glamour gained and check for Bedlam. Technocrats? Depending on their Banality, maybe add a point or two of temporary Banality to the fae's own.

Comment

At most, the Technocrats have Banality seven. So I'm guessing a normal amount of Glamour. Yay.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Michael View Post
                    At most, the Technocrats have Banality seven. So I'm guessing a normal amount of Glamour. Yay.
                    Nah. Some of them are 9-10. Remember not every Technocrat is a mage. Many are just humans doing very banal things. The Enlightened ones of course are more Glamorous.

Comment

Working...
                    X