Crazy Idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lian View Post

Doesn't mean its a simple case of "person with a title is just an asshat with a piece of paper either" title is upheld by the Dream.
    Like I said. It's complex and can be complicated by certain kinds of Treasures, Oaths and joint ownership.

Maggie Carroll
    Onyx Path Freelancer & Developer
    Working On: Book of Freeholds
    Worked On: V20 TMR, Demon STG, C20, Conquering Heroes, Building A Legend

Comment

Originally posted by Nitenshi View Post
      I'm not quite sure but I'm not even sure adhene killed in the Dreaming are really died. As far as I remember, death for True Fae is just a temporary inconvenience. Their true obliteration comes in the hand of Banality.
      I missed this one earlier. One of the differences between the Adhene and Kithain is that the Adhene aren't immortal. They have long lifespans compared to a human, but they still age and die.

Charlie Cantrell
      Onyx Path Freelancer
      Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

So in case of kithain killing one is a crime against nature of Dreaming. (They're immortal and so being permanently dead is unnatural, wrong to them)

In case of Adhene, killing one shouldn't be considered as such?

So, what about Fomorians?

My feeling is that, Thuatha and Fomorians are not creations of Dreaming, but masters (unless another side is conserned, hence War of Trees) and most rules don't apply to them, therefore, it's not as much that Dreaming will punish for killing one, as it might be (nearly) impossible.
        Last edited by Firkraag; 01-17-2017, 03:59 AM.

Comment

The Kithain are the successors to the Tuatha de Danaan as stewards of the Dreaming. Failure to uphold their oaths and foster the Tuathan Dream is what got them into such dire straights in the first place. For the Kithain, killing off any of the Dreaming's children is an invitation for Banality.

The Fomorians haven't set foot on Earth since well before Banality became a going concern. There's no telling what would happen if a Fomorian were exposed to Banality. Their servants, however, seem to be bound to much the same rules as the Kithain — a situation that infuriates the Thallain endlessly and has some pretty disturbing implications to Kithain philosophers.

Charlie Cantrell
          Onyx Path Freelancer
          Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

Originally posted by PookaKnight View Post

I missed this one earlier. One of the differences between the Adhene and Kithain is that the Adhene aren't immortal. They have long lifespans compared to a human, but they still age and die.
            Oh? Right then. I remembered something about them being reborn when they died. But I must have mix things up.

Comment

Working...
            X