Changeling questions from a Newbie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So. i got
    The Two core books (First and second ed), The player's guide. The land of the million dreams, The Autumn People. Tomorrow i should be getting Denizens of the dreaming and im also waiting on Dreams and Nightmares. Also i got the storyteller screen and the crossover book (cant remember the name) Any other books you guys belive are necessary to run Changeling like God Intended?

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
    ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
    Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
    Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

• Originally posted by Crowley View Post
      So. i got
      The Two core books (First and second ed), The player's guide. The land of the million dreams, The Autumn People. Tomorrow i should be getting Denizens of the dreaming and im also waiting on Dreams and Nightmares. Also i got the storyteller screen and the crossover book (cant remember the name) Any other books you guys belive are necessary to run Changeling like God Intended?
      Shadow Court and Inanimae wouldn't be bad ones to pick up, unless you're willing to wait until C20 comes out to have access to those fae.

Currently working on: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action
      Projects I've contributed to: C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

• Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

Shadow Court and Inanimae wouldn't be bad ones to pick up, unless you're willing to wait until C20 comes out to have access to those fae.
        Inanimae is a really good book, along with Denizens of the Dreaming and Dreams and Nightmares. In fact, for me, that's the style of CTD I liked best: cohesive, with an overarching conflict (Winter is coming and the Fomorians are awakening!), and consistent editing. They feel like other Revised-era books, even though they still ran with Second Edition rules.

But the older sourcebooks have their own style which was enjoyable too. More wonderful, fabulous and free; less like the rest of the World of Darkness, more contradictory, more raw.

Comment

• Originally posted by PookaKnight View Post
          Check it out — a few posts above this one:

Of course, there's a bit more to it than that, but C20 will be along soon-ish
          Will c20 gives a free write up for the tuatha and the fomorian?

Comment

• Originally posted by Crowley View Post
            If so, when the human host dies, the changeling reencarnates or he continues with his same current age on a new body?.

Originally posted by PookaKnight View Post

When the changeling dies, the human half goes on to whatever awaits human souls after death while the fearie half reincarnates by merging with a new unborn human soul. Once that new person's faerie half awakens during her chrysalis, she is new, unique changeling. She might retain some of the memories from her faerie half's previous lives, but she is not a previous changeling reborn. A changeling's life is short, fragile, and incredibly precious.

Well, that's somewhat of a relief. I think the life cycle of the typical Changeling in Dreaming is horribly depressing. Which, I guess is the overall theme of the game as the gradual death of the Dreaming means people are losing their capacity for imagination. So it's nice to know that death of their host isn't necessarily the end of their adventures.

But when you say they come back as a unique changeling, do you mean as a new identity, or as a potentially new Kith? Like, for example, could a Satyr be reincarnated as a Knocker, or a Troll? Or is their Kith an intrinsic part of their Faerie half that can't be changed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
              But when you say they come back as a unique changeling, do you mean as a new identity, or as a potentially new Kith? Like, for example, could a Satyr be reincarnated as a Knocker, or a Troll? Or is their Kith an intrinsic part of their Faerie half that can't be changed?
              That depends on if you believe KB: Sluagh or not 😉

Charlie Cantrell
              Onyx Path Freelancer
              Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

Its right there next to Nonwestern titles don't work in North America!

Comment

Genuinely curious about this game. Put the 2nd edition book on my wishlist on DriveThruRPG. I understand that classic WoD doesn't have a core rule book like Chronicles of Darkness, does.

Comment

• Yeah, there's no single Wold of Darkness core book. Each of the game line core books are stand-alone. If you can wait a little bit, C20's PDF should be along soon to backers. It collects and updates just about everything from Changeling's entire run.

If you missed the Kickerstarter but still want in on the early PDF release, it up for preorder on Backerkit.

Charlie Cantrell
                    Onyx Path Freelancer
                    Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

Yeah, there's no single Wold of Darkness core book. Each of the game line core books are stand-alone. If you can wait a little bit, C20's PDF should be along soon to backers. It collects and updates just about everything from Changeling's entire run.

If you missed the Kickerstarter but still want in on the early PDF release, it up for preorder on Backerkit.

Yeah, just recently heard about that. I've also got Vampire 20 on my wishlist, but that shit is expensive!

Comment

• nevermind misread something
                        Last edited by Lian; 03-20-2017, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Yeah, there's no single Wold of Darkness core book. Each of the game line core books are stand-alone. If you can wait a little bit, C20's PDF should be along soon to backers. It collects and updates just about everything from Changeling's entire run.

Soon? *squeals with glee*

My RPOL Changeling/Mage game is still going strong, but I set it up with the goal of switching to C20 on release and that was a very long time ago. I imagine we'll get a few requests from new players when the new edition lands, so that's a good thing. RPOL suffers from casualties of RL and when M20 came out, I got an army of people wanting to play. C20 will re-energise us, I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post
                            Soon? *squeals with glee*
                            Soon-ish? I know no more than you do about the release date. I just know it's been sitting in the layout phase for a few weeks now. It's got to be getting closer!

Charlie Cantrell
                            Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

• is a "must have" the Dark Ages Fae? or might get me too confused?

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
                              ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
                              Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
                              Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

• DA: Fae is a pretty different game from Changeling: The Dreaming.

It was written in such a way, though, that if you really knew Changeling, you could pick up on the subtle connections DA: Fae has to Dreaming. If you wanted to, you could make it the pre-Shattering history of Changeling: The Dreaming. It still leaves a lot of unanswered questions, and some things that are assumed in Changeling are no where to be found in DA: Fae. Rumors at the time were that DA: Fae would have gotten a companion to help bridge the gaps between it and Dreaming had the Dark Ages line continued. I have no idea if that was true or not.

DA: Darkening Sky strengthened DA: Fae's position as the pre-history of Changeling. I used DA: Fae as a reference in places for some of my C20 material, but C20 is fully Changeling: The Dreaming. It never assumes the reader has any knowledge of DA: Fae.

Charlie Cantrell
                                Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

Working...
                                X