No announcement yet.

Changeling questions from a Newbie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when two Pooka are embroiled in a prank war?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
      What happens when two Pooka are embroiled in a prank war?
      Sublime perfection rarely glimpsed upon this mortal plane.

Charlie Cantrell
      Onyx Path Freelancer
      Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

What happens when two Pooka are embroiled in a prank war?
        ...By Nights, you can still smell the bodies. hear the screams and shouts.....

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
        ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
        Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
        Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

• Okay. Now what happens when two Satyrs have a pants-off dance-off?

Comment

Okay. Now what happens when two Satyrs have a pants-off dance-off?
            Blurry memories & epic hangover for anyone in the surroundings?

Comment

• ok So, my current changeling library is
              The Two core books (First and second ed), The player's guide.
              The land of the million dreams,
              The Autumn People.
              Denizens of the dreaming
              Dreams and Nightmares. Also i got the storyteller screen and the crossover book (cant remember the name)
              Nobles: The Shining Host
              Fool's Luck. The Commoner's way

any book i should get to run Changeling like God/Neil Gaiman/ThePookaKnight intended? any things i should take a look at to make a proper setting?

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).

Comment

• Originally posted by Crowley View Post
                any book i should get to run Changeling like God/Neil Gaiman/ThePookaKnight intended? any things i should take a look at to make a proper setting?
                Not sure if they add much to that kind of game (which would be awesome you woiuldn't be in DUblin by any chance?), but Enchanted & Inaimae both add interesting characters (PC or NPC) to Changeling games.

Comment

• Also, i noticed some books have art on the side..how does the final image looks. i meant when having the full collection of books?

Comment

• Originally posted by Crowley View Post
                    Also, i noticed some books have art on the side..how does the final image looks. i meant when having the full collection of books?
                    The line finished before the picture could be completed; IIRC, the final picture would have been a combination of the covers to the three Immortal Eyes sourcebooks.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firkraag View Post
                      By the way, chimeras without Wyrd and Enchantment redes, could they interact with inanimate object of Autumn World? Open and close doors, steal things?
                      Yes, a chimera can interact with the mundane/ Autumn world (and indeed has to): a closed door is a closed door and the chimera must open it to get through (or destroy it). However, when surrounded by non-enchanted people, chimera are on the other side of the Mists (because of the witnesses' Banality) and so cannot interact with the mundane world. This is why chimera often stalk their changeling prey, waiting for the moment when they will be alone...

So, the Monster Under the Bed waits for the childling's parent to leave in order to open the door of the wardrobe in which it was hiding...

Also, remember that if a non-enchanted witness sees a real-world effect by a chimera (a changeling riding a horse and thus apparently floating), her disbelief will shunt the Kithain into a random part of the Dreaming unless the chimera (and only if she is sentient) succeeds a Willpower roll against the witness's Banality.

Finally, when a chimera is near a non-enchanted people whose Banality is 2 or more than her Glamour rating, it suffers one Level of Health every turn. So, for instance, a chimera with Glamour 5 is near a human near a Banality of 7, the chimera suffers one Health Level every turn, prompting the chimera to quickly go elsewhere. This is why chimera avoid areas with Banal people. (Changeling: the Dreaming, 2nd ed., p. 224a)
                      Last edited by mattboggan; 04-23-2017, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nitenshi View Post
                        Art of Spring ? Jeez... I eager for the release of C20.

I have a question about something I have trouble to understand in the rulebook. It's about Enchantment and the difficulty of cantrips on mortals. I've seen at several place in the book that Enchanting a mortal helps a Changeling to cast cantrip on him because he had already circumvent his Banality. But nowhere in the Enchantment or Arts rules I've seen something close to that statement.
                        Is it that the Banality of the mortal is dropping when I enchant him or am I missing something? The first possibility makes sense but I don't remember seeing anything about a drop of the Banality rate in the rule on Enchantment.
                        Enchanting someone helps casting cantrips on her because, according to the rules of 2nd ed., then cantrips cast on her by a changeling will be Chimerical (not Wyrd), and will not necessarily call for a Glamour expenditure. Also, if you apply an optional rule, enchanted targets are at Banality +4 as target difficulty (before performing a Bunk) while non-enchanted targets are at Banality +5.

Comment

• Originally posted by marin View Post

The line finished before the picture could be completed; IIRC, the final picture would have been a combination of the covers to the three Immortal Eyes sourcebooks.
                          Check that, misremembered. The spine picture was an Immortal Eyes picture, but it looked like this (courtesy of the C20 Facebook page).

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

• The final spine image:

http://www.oocities.org/pookaplace/books/spine.html

Comment

• Originally posted by mattboggan View Post

Yes, a chimera can interact with the mundane/ Autumn world (and indeed has to): a closed door is a closed door and the chimera must open it to get through (or destroy it). However, when surrounded by non-enchanted people, chimera are on the other side of the Mists (because of the witnesses' Banality) and so cannot interact with the mundane world. This is why chimera often stalk their changeling prey, waiting for the moment when they will be alone...

So, the Monster Under the Bed waits for the childling's parent to leave in order to open the door of the wardrobe in which it was hiding...

Also, remember that if a non-enchanted witness sees a real-world effect by a chimera (a changeling riding a horse and thus apparently floating), her disbelief will shunt the Kithain into a random part of the Dreaming unless the chimera (and only if she is sentient) succeeds a Willpower roll against the witness's Banality.

Fnally, when a chimera is near a non-enchanted people whose Banality is 2 or more than her Glamour rating, it suffers one Level of Health every turn. So, for instance, a chimera with Glamour 5 is near a human near a Banality of 7, the chimera suffers one Health Level every turn, prompting the chimera to quickly go elsewhere. This is why chimera avoid areas with Banal people. (Changeling: the Dreaming, 2nd ed., p. 224a)
                              Hail, traveler!

I like your explanation better, even if I'm not sure if it's canon (it wasn't quite clear in 2nd edition). Nevertheless, thank you!
                              Last edited by Firkraag; 04-23-2017, 09:17 AM.

"Okay, damn, ow. I just gotta… why the heck do all games about faeries read like they are written by them, too?" © open_sketchbook

Comment

• Yes, yes, it is. Check the page I have quoted.

Comment

Working...
                                X