Changeling questions from a Newbie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mattboggan View Post

Also, remember that if a non-enchanted witness sees a real-world effect by a chimera (a changeling riding a horse and thus apparently floating)

So, the Emperor's New Horse, pretty much?

Comment

• (Changeling: the Dreaming, 2nd ed., p. 224a)
      Originally posted by mattboggan View Post
      Yes, yes, it is. Check the page I have quoted.
      Oops, I missed it, it seems!
      Last edited by Firkraag; 04-23-2017, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattboggan View Post

Enchanting someone helps casting cantrips on her because, according to the rules of 2nd ed., then cantrips cast on her by a changeling will be Chimerical (not Wyrd), and will not necessarily call for a Glamour expenditure. Also, if you apply an optional rule, enchanted targets are at Banality +4 as target difficulty (before performing a Bunk) while non-enchanted targets are at Banality +5.
        Oh thanks. Ok, I understand it better know, I haven't connected the dots, it makes sense. I don't remember the rule about the Banality +4 on enchanted people, is it in the corebook ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nitenshi View Post
          Oh thanks. Ok, I understand it better know, I haven't connected the dots, it makes sense. I don't remember the rule about the Banality +4 on enchanted people, is it in the corebook ?
          Yes it is: p. 205b. But I don't remember were the optional rule was (maybe Player's Guide).

Comment

• two questions
            Does the age of the Human and the Kith corelate? what i mean is. Can a little kid (5-10) be a grump? or that rarely happends?

Second...Kith and Kith fuck and they have a kid, is the kid also a Kith? or Kith an Human?

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
            ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
            Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
            Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

• Originally posted by Crowley View Post
              two questions
              Does the age of the Human and the Kith corelate? what i mean is. Can a little kid (5-10) be a grump? or that rarely happends?

Second...Kith and Kith fuck and they have a kid, is the kid also a Kith? or Kith an Human?
              First. Since C20 the seemings are no longer tied to age in any way so yes you could have a kid grump or an adult childing.

The child of two Fae is going to be Kinain, that is Fae-blooded, with I think a better chance for acting as a Host of a reincarnating fae soul.

Comment

• Originally posted by Possessed View Post
                First. Since C20 the seemings are no longer tied to age in any way so yes you could have a kid grump or an adult childing.

The child of two Fae is going to be Kinain, that is Fae-blooded, with I think a better chance for acting as a Host of a reincarnating fae soul.

*Might* be Kinain. The Dreaming doesn't seem to much like Punnett squares.

Comment

• im curious about the Shadow Court (but the book is a bit expensive on Ebay). So...is it a Must Have? whats about, whats their deal?

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
                  ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
                  Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
                  Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

• Actually... pooka dinosaurs (or any of the extinct mammals)?

Does that happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by Firkraag View Post
                      Actually... pooka dinosaurs (or any of the extinct mammals)?

Does that happen?
                      Originally posted by Kithbook Pooka, p.27
                      Those pooka whose animals risk extinction walk a very fine line. It has been noted that once an animal disappears from the world, the pooka related to it gradually disappear as well. Though some pooka have affinities with animals already extinct, they fear that the next time around, they won't reincarnate and will disappear as well.
                      That said, Dreaming is a rather inclusive realm and if your game becomes more glamorous through dinosaur pooka then go for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firkraag View Post
                        Actually... pooka dinosaurs (or any of the extinct mammals)?

Does that happen?
                        (Puts on pooka ears) Of course it happens! All the time, in fact! Their favorite way to gain Glamour is through veloci-Rapture. (/takes off ears)

Okay, I'm done now. Couldn't help myself.

Currently working on: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action
                        Projects I've contributed to: C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

• Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

(Puts on pooka ears) Of course it happens! All the time, in fact! Their favorite way to gain Glamour is through veloci-Rapture. (/takes off ears)

Okay, I'm done now. Couldn't help myself.
                          Originally posted by Possessed View Post

That said, Dreaming is a rather inclusive realm and if your game becomes more glamorous through dinosaur pooka then go for it.
                          Thanks, that was useful.

Comment

Working...
                          X