Throwing ideas for a story: Neverwhere Street and the 13th hour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwing ideas for a story: Neverwhere Street and the 13th hour

so, i been working on a massive crossover game for the last year. it started with werewolf (set in texas/new york), mage the ascension (london/san francisco) and now the plot is slowly aiming to Changeling (hence all the questions and investigation). the overarching ark is is Defeat Baba Yaga.
    The werewolves are planning a massive attack to free russia.
    The mages know how dangerous she is, specially since now the nephandi are getting organized and specially since the mages and werewolves are getting tighter against the same enemy (Yaga)
    Baba Yaga retiliated by sending Witches and more traditional sorcerers to attack both parties.
    when the smoke cleared, something came to light (at lest in my head canon). A werewolf and a Mage managed to figure out that Baba Yaga's name, is not her Real Name. apparently she sold her name in exchange of power..
    Who has the Name? The True Fae (Dark Ages).
    In my head cannon its impossible for werewolves to go in the deep dream with out going crazy or forgetting why are they there. Mages dont risks themselves and my Pc's dont have enough arete to survive...

So, What's the plan?
    Both The current werewolf king of new york and representative of the tradition's Council want to meet up with the Changeling Regent of New York in order to send a Changeling team to retrieve the plans of the deathstar, sorry i mean The Name of Baba Yaga.

i been thinking on the changeling setting (since now some of my player's want to play as the changelings going "Rogue One") on this "Suicide Mission." but i been thinking, what do the changelings win by taking Baba Yaga out of the picture.
    Second, i been working on the Changeling's turf but i need to find more information about New York. if not, i think imma draw main inspiration from Fable's the comic.
    as for the 13th hour, is a concept im fiddling with as i keep reading more neil gaiman stuff, i cant stop imagining that in the Dreaming is always "13 O'Clock. the Hour of the Impossible Things."

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
    ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
    Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
    Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Changelings get horribly slaughtered by the minions of Baga Yaga, some of whom may take the poor Changelings back home for fun for later, and the surviving Changelings learn an important lesson in not trying to keep up with the Garou. Rogue One would be the best case scenario for the Changelings, and I really do not see why the Changelings would bother to free Russia.

Comment

It doesn't sound like the Changelings are "trying to keep up with the Garou". I believe they're heading out into the Deep Dreaming to deal with the True Fae that have Baba Yaga's name.

And the questions are: What is New York like for Changelings? And what do the Changeling's get out of contributing to taking down Baba Yaga?

For the first, I don't know that CtD ever elaborated on NYC. So the idea of leaning heavily on Fable's is probably a decent one. NYC is massive. So keep in mind that borough to borough and neighborhood to neighborhood within those boroughs is going to have a different feel to them. Just as an example, is lower Manhattan (a single borough) you have Little Italy right up against Chinatown, right up against Soho, next to the East and West Villages. East neighborhood has a distinct personality.
      But, if you don't have players from there, feel free to brush them with broad strokes and not get caught up in the distinctions unless they help your story.

For why Changelings would want to bring down Baba Yaga. A lot of them probably don't care. But since they aren't going directly against her, and they know the Garou and Mages coming to them can't do this themselves, the ranking nobility can send the PC group knowing that the Mage and Garou communities will owe them big. That can be levied into some major local (Kingdom) changes. That by itself might be enough incentive even if the group isn't personally invested.

Comment

The sluagh traditionally hail from Russia and thereabouts. Perhaps some friends of the Regent entered Russia for whatever reason and then couldn't leave again due to the Iron Curtain. The mages and Garou could even orchestrate such a situation to play the fae's hand.

Other reasons might be a trod running from NYC deep into Baba Yaga's territory, through which several dark and disturbing chimerae have come back. Or maybe the changelings have discovered a link between High King David's disappearance and the Iron Curtain--is it possible he discovered this trod, for some reason travelled through it, but was then unable to return because of the Iron Curtain? And if so, what exactly did he think he'd find at the other end of the trod? A gateway to Arcadia? Triumph Casque of Sorrows? Maybe Melusine's secret weapon from Darkening Sky, which might offer a clue to the changeling condition and how to stave off Banality?

Or maybe the chains of the Fomorians are loosening and the Hag's iron claws are the only thing that can kill them?

I'm sure you could come up with something suitable.

Comment

Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post
          The sluagh traditionally hail from Russia and thereabouts. Perhaps some friends of the Regent entered Russia for whatever reason and then couldn't leave again due to the Iron Curtain. The mages and Garou could even orchestrate such a situation to play the fae's hand.

Other reasons might be a trod running from NYC deep into Baba Yaga's territory, through which several dark and disturbing chimerae have come back. Or maybe the changelings have discovered a link between High King David's disappearance and the Iron Curtain--is it possible he discovered this trod, for some reason travelled through it, but was then unable to return because of the Iron Curtain? And if so, what exactly did he think he'd find at the other end of the trod? A gateway to Arcadia? Triumph Casque of Sorrows? Maybe Melusine's secret weapon from Darkening Sky, which might offer a clue to the changeling condition and how to stave off Banality?

Or maybe the chains of the Fomorians are loosening and the Hag's iron claws are the only thing that can kill them?

I'm sure you could come up with something suitable.
          thank you very much!!

Forum's Official's Joker and Trickster. Pardon my bad english, aint my first language (I Speak Spanish).
          ST: DtF, HtR, WtO, MtA
          Signature Chars: Crowley (hakalu), Joe The Nuwisha (WtA)
          Changelings: be afraid of the Technocracian High Five of Doom

Comment

Originally posted by Crowley View Post

thank you very much!!
            No problem. I'm never short of ideas. My problem is picking just one haha.

Comment

Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post

No problem. I'm never short of ideas. My problem is picking just one haha.
              Why bother picking? Find a way to tie those babies together and unleash them all at the same time.

Maggie Carroll
              Onyx Path Freelancer & Developer
              Working On: Book of Freeholds
              Worked On: V20 TMR, Demon STG, C20, Conquering Heroes, Building A Legend

Comment

You could also add links to House Varich, who is depicted to have Russian origin, Oaths with the Werewolves (especially with Fianna, but I think house Gwydion had links with the Silver Fangs - or maybe it was House Dougal).

I agree more that 1 idea is better, especially if you can have each Changeling to have his/her own reason to help 9maybe in addition to a more common goal)

Comment

Working...
                X