Could this work for a Changling Antagonist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this work for a Changling Antagonist

I was thinking about a Changeling idea for a while and I want to know if I can work. My basic idea is a serial killer named Charlie Stansfield, a recent escapee from a mental home, possibly the Stark Institute. The thing is he is only killing people from his childhood. He had already killed his 5th grade teacher and guidance councilor and was about to kill his old principle when he was caught. His reasoning was that his old imaginary friend came back to him and told him to punish the people that separated them. After getting caught, the friend seemingly disappeared again, and caused him to be thrown in the Stark Institute. After escaping, he killed his doctor.

​My question is could a person who is mentally ill resee his imaginary friend and could a chimerical creature really encourage a man to kill?

What if the people he were killing were Autumn People who were(possibly without knowledge, or possibly with knowledge) trying to suppress or destroy his Faerie soul. If he actually is a Changeling and not just a person with a mental illness.

Comment

Originally posted by shadryx View Post
      What if the people he were killing were Autumn People who were(possibly without knowledge, or possibly with knowledge) trying to suppress or destroy his Faerie soul. If he actually is a Changeling and not just a person with a mental illness.
      ​I can see the people he kills being Autumn People. But, I am not sure on making him a Changeling.

Comment

Well. Kithain aren't the only creatures of the Dreaming. Powerful nightmare chimera might do this kind of thing, or certain kiths of Thallain. Dream-eaters, Dauntain, hell... even his own dreams could do it if they produced a twisted enough chimera.

Maggie Carroll
        Onyx Path Freelancer & Developer
        Working On: Book of Freeholds
        Worked On: V20 TMR, Demon STG, C20, Conquering Heroes, Building A Legend

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie C View Post
          Well. Kithain aren't the only creatures of the Dreaming. Powerful nightmare chimera might do this kind of thing, or certain kiths of Thallain. Dream-eaters, Dauntain, hell... even his own dreams could do it if they produced a twisted enough chimera.
          ​So a nightmare chimera could possibly pose as his childhood imaginary friend? Also, does him escaping from Stark Institute make sense? Since he isn't a chageling child and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerclown View Post

​So a nightmare chimera could possibly pose as his childhood imaginary friend? Also, does him escaping from Stark Institute make sense? Since he isn't a chageling child and all.
            Chimera is a catch-all term that describes not only the animals of the Dreaming, but all the things that live in the Dreaming. Sentient chimera exist and the nastier ones, nightmare chimera like nocnitsa and others, are not good and light.

It wasn't just changelings Stark treated, so in a way, sure. But if you plan on picking up C20, or if you're a backer, you might want to wait and see how Stark Psychiatric has evolved to the present day.

Maggie Carroll

Comment

Chimera is a catch-all term that describes not only the animals of the Dreaming, but all the things that live in the Dreaming. Sentient chimera exist and the nastier ones, nightmare chimera like nocnitsa and others, are not good and light.

It wasn't just changelings Stark treated, so in a way, sure. But if you plan on picking up C20, or if you're a backer, you might want to wait and see how Stark Psychiatric has evolved to the present day.
              ​Mabye the nightmare chimera could've been his imaginary friend from the start. Also, the imaginary friend either looks like some kind of mythical creature or a man in a suit. How do you view the idea of a serial killer villain in Changeling. Is it too dark for it?

Comment

​Mabye the nightmare chimera could've been his imaginary friend from the start. Also, the imaginary friend either looks like some kind of mythical creature or a man in a suit. How do you view the idea of a serial killer villain in Changeling. Is it too dark for it?
                ... You're asking the wrong person about "dark". Most of what I do is write horror.

Maggie Carroll

Comment

... You're asking the wrong person about "dark". Most of what I do is write horror.
                  ​Oh yeah, your a WOD freelancer. I thought that a serial killer being influenced by his old imaginary friend would be a interesting antagonist. I figured the chimera creature used to be good but after the killers parents, teachers and other people in his life pretty much ruined him, it caused the friend to disappear. The friend was understandably pissed and years of stewing in it's anger turned it into a nightmare. Once the killer had his mental breakdown, guess who came back.

Comment

​Oh yeah, your a WOD freelancer. I thought that a serial killer being influenced by his old imaginary friend would be a interesting antagonist. I figured the chimera creature used to be good but after the killers parents, teachers and other people in his life pretty much ruined him, it caused the friend to disappear. The friend was understandably pissed and years of stewing in it's anger turned it into a nightmare. Once the killer had his mental breakdown, guess who came back.
                    Yeah, that's easily doable, with regards to the chimera. They're not locked into stasis, and can change from Seelie to Unseelie (or darker), especially if they're sentient.

Maggie Carroll

Comment

Yeah, that's easily doable, with regards to the chimera. They're not locked into stasis, and can change from Seelie to Unseelie (or darker), especially if they're sentient.
                      ​If your wondering what ruined the killer. What usually causes a serial killer to form happened to him. Also, I am thinking making the imaginary friend either a Chimerical dragon or something else.

Comment

The only thing I'm going to say is that serial killers tend to not be psychotic, hearing voices and hallucinating. Junked-up science or not, I tend to binge Criminal Minds a couple of times a year, and have read up on them a few times for research for things. They tend to be narcissists with no conscience or compassion, and do what they want as they want to do it. What you're describing seems more like a spree or rampage killer, which can be a fuzzy line to draw distinctions between those and serial killings, but the pathology (as best I understand it) is key.

The things I talk about at 4am. This is why the TSA looks at me funny when they check my Google search history.

Maggie Carroll

Comment

The only thing I'm going to say is that serial killers tend to not be psychotic, hearing voices and hallucinating. Junked-up science or not, I tend to binge Criminal Minds a couple of times a year, and have read up on them a few times for research for things. They tend to be narcissists with no conscience or compassion, and do what they want as they want to do it. What you're describing seems more like a spree or rampage killer, which can be a fuzzy line to draw distinctions between those and serial killings, but the pathology (as best I understand it) is key.

The things I talk about at 4am. This is why the TSA looks at me funny when they check my Google search history.
                          ​You watch Criminal Minds too? Yeah, my guy might be more of spree killer since he is only targeting people from his childhood who separated him from his imaginary friend. That means, half the people he is killing or trying to kill are Autumn People. Also, I guess Changelings are gonna be more concerned about stopping the Nightmare Chimera then apprehending the killer. Since, they could probably do that very easily.

Comment

​You watch Criminal Minds too? Yeah, my guy might be more of spree killer since he is only targeting people from his childhood who separated him from his imaginary friend. That means, half the people he is killing or trying to kill are Autumn People. Also, I guess Changelings are gonna be more concerned about stopping the Nightmare Chimera then apprehending the killer. Since, they could probably do that very easily.
                            I like procedurals for background noise. Just interesting enough to keep on the edge of my attention, predictable enough that I can look up and understand what's going on, and I've seen most of the episodes of CM at least twice (barring the latest season; I'm not current anymore) so I have a general idea of what's going to happen.

Maggie Carroll

Comment

I like procedurals for background noise. Just interesting enough to keep on the edge of my attention, predictable enough that I can look up and understand what's going on, and I've seen most of the episodes of CM at least twice (barring the latest season; I'm not current anymore) so I have a general idea of what's going to happen.
                              Personally, my favorite episode is the episode in season one where the guy was drinking blood and removing organs. Back to the subject at hand though. Who would the changelings put a higher focus on stopping. The imaginary friend or the killer?

Comment

Working...
                              X