Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will channeling 20th anniversary be out in pdf format

I mean to ask is there a exact release date for when it comes out

Once the PDF is finished and approved it'll be released to backers. Check the Monday Meeting Notes blog for the current status.

Charlie Cantrell
    Onyx Path Freelancer
    Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

OPP doesn't do release dates.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
        OPP doesn't do release dates.
        Or releases, apparently.

It's worth the wait, though. This is the one I'm most excited about. Even more than Wraith. Wraith worked already. C20 has a lot to fix.

Comment

If someone could Decipher what its current sitaution is, that would be great.

Comment

According to the latest Monday Meeting blog post, C20 is still in art direction: http://theonyxpath.com/midwinter-201...meeting-notes/

Basically, the text is completely done. The artists have been hired, and OPP is waiting for all the finished artwork to come in. There were several weeks there where the status was "dealing with artist shenanigans." I have no inside look at the art side of things, but my guess is that one or more artists couldn't meet their deadline, submitted unacceptable finals, or dropped out completely. If any of that is what happened, then the artists in question would need to be either given more time to complete their work or replaced.

Once all the art and any new graphic elements are created and turned in, the project will move to layout where everything is combined to make the PDF.

So yeah, it's close, but it seems to have hit a snag that delayed things a bit. Since the artist shenanigans note is no longer attached to C20's status, my guess is that the snag has been cleared, everything is back chugging along to completion.

Charlie Cantrell
            Onyx Path Freelancer
            Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

Not sure if it's the right place to ask

There has been a few hints & tease here & there about the content of C20 (thanks PookaKnight & Maggie C), I was wondering if it would be possible for OPP to also give a glimpse of the Art Style / Quality we can expect? (and if they have already done, would someone be so kind as to give a lin> ^_^)

Comment

The link I included above contains one of Brian LeBlanc's finished C20 pieces. Melissa Uran posted a bunch of her in progress C20 pictures on her Patreon. One of the C20 Kickstarter stretch goals was to remaster Tony DiTerlizzi's full page pieces. That stretch goal got met, so I'd assume it's either happening or is already finished.

Charlie Cantrell
                Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

Are the siochain mentioned in C20 at all? Do we get anything more concrete on them and, perhaps, the Lost Ones? I'm curious to see how these other fae stand in comparison to your average changelings.

Comment

If I recall correctly, Siochain and Lost Ones are both in there.

Charlie Cantrell
                    Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

Oh fabulous. I remember lots of discussion on Shadownessence about the siochain in particular.

Comment

How many Kiths will be included? It seems you've mentioned at least 17 Kiths as possible.

Comment

I haven't sat down and counted. According to blackhatmatt the number is "lot, it's a lot."

Charlie Cantrell
                          Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post

Or releases, apparently.

It's worth the wait, though. This is the one I'm most excited about. Even more than Wraith. Wraith worked already. C20 has a lot to fix.

What on earth are you talking about? They've been releasing stuff like crazy. Besides which, Changeling isn't even remotely late; the Kickstarter estimates releases dates in Summer 2017, and the book's waiting on art and layout now. That's pretty goddamn close to ahead of schedule, thank you very much.

Originally posted by Astromancer View Post
                            How many Kiths will be included? It seems you've mentioned at least 17 Kiths as possible.
                            13 "main" kiths plus a whole mess of other options (Gallain) plus a build-your-own-kith section. It's a lot.

Matthew McFarland
                            Writer, developer, etc.

Comment

could we please get some preview stuff?

Comment

Working...
                              X