Arcadia: The Wyld Hunt & King Ironheart's Madness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arcadia: The Wyld Hunt & King Ironheart's Madness

In the mid 1990s, White Wolf produced a Collectible Card Game based on Changeling: The Dreaming, set in the world of Arcadia. I used to play this a lot back in the day, and have recently rediscovered those cards and have been playing it again, introducing some new players to the game. A good friend of mine--and great Changeling fan--with whom I used to play this in the 90s, is currently using the card game as the basis of a role-playing game (which I, sadly, can't be part of, as we no longer live in the same country).

If you are interested, check out our website: http://arcadiaccg.wordpress.com/

I've played some Changeling: The Dreaming (second edition) in the past, when it was new, but not as much as I would have liked. I'm looking forward to the 20th anniversary edition, which might help introduce that world to the gaming group I'm currently part of. I've been lurking here for a little while now, but thought I'd jump in and introduce myself. Hi!

Last edited by darkyeoman; 01-29-2017, 05:33 AM.

The card game is neat - I've managed to track down every card except one! I've only ever played it once though. It has potential, but I think there must have been something I was missing. I'd like to play it more to figure out the proper way to play.

For its relation to the RPG, the storyline is noncanon, but the cards make for great inspiration. King Ironheart played a major role as a villain in a recent chronicle 😃

Edit to add: If anyone has a spare Sibylline Swamp to sell or trade, I'd be most interested 😉
    Last edited by PookaKnight; 01-29-2017, 08:43 AM.

Charlie Cantrell
    Onyx Path Freelancer
    Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

I've got a bunch of cards but never played it. It looks great, though.

Comment

This is awesome! I love the website ^_^

"May you live in interesting times"

Storyteller of The Hakura Chronicle

Comment

Originally posted by PookaKnight View Post
          Edit to add: If anyone has a spare Sibylline Swamp to sell or trade, I'd be most interested 😉
          Sorry for the late reply! I don't have that card, but someone is selling a large collection of cards here: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/171...ards-saletrade Maybe he can help?

Comment

Originally posted by Keichiokami View Post
            This is awesome! I love the website ^_^
            Thank you!

Comment

Djinn card huh? So were they considering Genies as Changeling Kiths? People were fanmaking those back in the day.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                Djinn card huh? So were they considering Genies as Changeling Kiths? People were fanmaking those back in the day.
                A lot of the kiths in Arcadia were unique to that game. But maybe we'll see them, and dragonkin, in C20.

Comment

I wouldn't count on it, but the build-a-kith rules should make it easy to bring the unique kiths in the CCG over to the RPG.

(And yeah, in the process of typing this post, I think I figured how I would do a dragonkin kith using C20's guidelines 😉 )

Charlie Cantrell
                  Onyx Path Freelancer
                  Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

I wouldn't count on it, but the build-a-kith rules should make it easy to bring the unique kiths in the CCG over to the RPG.

(And yeah, in the process of typing this post, I think I figured how I would do a dragonkin kith using C20's guidelines 😉 )
                    Once C20 is out, could you post your house rules for them using the build-your-own-kith rules? I had an outside hope that the difference between the announced number of kiths (110 was it?) and the amount we could all figure out from extant material (80?) might be made up of examples from the card game.

Comment

I'll talk to Matt about it. If there might be an opportunity to include new kiths in other books down the road, I'd rather save things for that.

Charlie Cantrell
                      Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

What were the new kiths asside from Djinn and Dragonkin?

Comment

The game had character cards. Some of them where obviously based on kiths, others were more like chimera, while others weren't creatures of Dream at all. Some of the ones that might translate to kiths that weren't kiths already are probably the dragonkin, djinn, imps, nymphs, and tritons.

Things like the mechorg, renegade cogs, and army ant platoons would probably be chimera. There were also humans and fianna garou

Charlie Cantrell
                          Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post
                            What were the new kiths asside from Djinn and Dragonkin?
                            In addition to what PookaKnight said, there are also the following Naga, Ogre, Gremlin, and Mer (which were only later included in WoD, in Blood Dimmed Tides).

I've often wondered how much of Arcadia would have made it into Changeling if the game had lasted longer. There are quite a few ideas from Arcadia that surfaced in Blood Dimmed Tides, for example: skycraft, mer(folk), tritons, rokea, etc. all first appeared in Arcadia, even though there isn't all that much ocean to explore in the two sets of cards that were produced.
                            Last edited by darkyeoman; 02-10-2017, 06:12 PM.

Comment

There were also humans and fianna garou
                              Regarding Garou in Arcadia, see this post by my "co-curator" of the blog, who is also a big WoD Werewolf fan: https://arcadiaccg.wordpress.com/201...ep-card-notes/

Comment

Working...
                              X