Arcadia: The Wyld Hunt & King Ironheart's Madness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lian View Post
    the Dragonkin has a pretty nice "NOW YOU FACE MY TRUE FORM" Power but its pretty costly to use with impunity
    That was my intention, but I think White Oak Dragon is right. I forgot how cheap Attributes and Health Levels are in chimera points. The intention was to be able to afford a couple of redes and a handful of Attributes, Abilities, and/or Health Levels. Something like 10 chimera points would probably be more appropriate for that than the 25.

Charlie Cantrell
    Onyx Path Freelancer
    Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

Originally posted by PookaKnight View Post

That was my intention, but I think White Oak Dragon is right. I forgot how cheap Attributes and Health Levels are in chimera points. The intention was to be able to afford a couple of redes and a handful of Attributes, Abilities, and/or Health Levels. Something like 10 chimera points would probably be more appropriate for that than the 25.

Would it be balanced to build your dragonform as you grow in xp?

Comment

The dragon form kind of does grow as the character accumulates xp because the extra Traits from the dragon form add to the character's normal Traits. A strength 2 character with +3 strength dots in his dragon form has 5 strength when he goes dragon. If he raises his strength to 3, he'll have 6 strength when he goes dragon.

Going from 25 to 10 sounds like a huge reduction, but for whatever reason, I thought Attributes cost at least 1 chimera point per dot. They're actually 3 dots per chimera point. Even reduced to 10 points, that's still potentially 30 extra Attribute dots. If the player takes a couple of Redes, he'll still likely have 2 or 3 points left which would be either 6 or 9 additional Attribute dots. That's a pretty huge bonus no matter how you slice it - certainly worthy of any NOW YOU SEE MY TRUE POWER moment.

Charlie Cantrell
        Onyx Path Freelancer
        Changeling: The Dreaming 20th Anniversary Edition, Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes, Book of Freeholds

Comment

The problem is that while Attributes are underpriced, most of the Redes are overpriced. Building a chimera quickly turns into a mini-game of getting rid of all the Redes, that might be interesting narratively and concept-wise, but not that much needed, when you look at the cost and want to build somewhat balanced character (while building a ridiculously overpowered one trick pony chimera is not easy, it's super easy - meat Rex-Zilla The Giant Tele-operated Toy - Will/Social/Mental 0. Strength 10. Stamina 10. Dexterity 4. Fight 6. Athletics 3. Health 8. Glamour 10. - 25 points, that's from the top of my head). So, I hope you did take a look at chimera creation costs.

Adding Chimera points to the existing character can make the process a bit more balanced, though there are still some questions left. Chimera traits are limited by their Glamour rating, Glamour costs 1=1, so that will eat some of the points, which also leaves a question, does it mean that character gets extra temp Glamour she can use? Because I must tell you, Redes burn Glamour really fast.

PookaKnight, could you maybe start a new topic and repost your kith there? If not before c20's release, than after it we can discuss it there in details 'on-topic'. ))
          Last edited by Firkraag; 02-13-2017, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Firkraag View Post
            PookaKnight, could you maybe start a new topic and repost your kith there? If not before c20's release, than after it we can discuss it there in details 'on-topic'. ))
            It is done
            Last edited by PookaKnight; 02-14-2017, 12:39 PM.

Charlie Cantrell
            Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

WHat's the Chimera level for Prostylizing Velociraptors?

Comment

What is the name of the third kingdom surrounding Skyeholm? We know that there are Ardenmore, Middlemarch... But about the third one? And do we know anything about it?

Comment

I'm pretty sure it got a name, but I can't remember what it was or if it was named on the cards or the promotional booklet/instructions.

Charlie Cantrell
                  Onyx Path Freelancer

Comment

Working...
                  X