Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chimerical Lovers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chimerical Lovers

    While Chimeras are capable of being lovers to Changelings without any special abilities, they generally have to possess the Wyrd Rede to do anything to mortals who are not enchanted. When Chimeras use the Wyrd Rede, they becomes real for a scene, which means that they can potentially be lovers to mortals who are not enchanted during that scene. Since they are real for a scene, could they reproduce with mortals? If they do, what would their children be?

  • #2
    If that is at all, possible, some kind of kinain seems plausible. It might mesh well with new Kith maker guidance and book, called "The Enchanted", which featured first kinain as playable characters.

    It might be interesting addition to consider, if you want to create a stronger presense of fae-blooded humans in your games (or maybe even kinain-centric campaigns).


    Comment


    • #3
      The Enchanted is already an existent book (though it could have better rules). I think that it would depend on the 'mother'. If the mother was human, I would treat it as a Human-Changeling reproduction (20% chance of a Changeling child and a 80% chance of a Kinain child). If the mother was Chimera, the resulting children would be Chimera, though I think I would give them a special Rede that allowed them to permanently Enchant their human relatives (either by adoption or by birth). Of course, there is nothing preventing dragon or unicorn Chimera from breeding with humans, though there method of breeding may be exotic (exchanging treasures with a dragon or riding bareback on a unicorn). In any case, I would give the chimerical parent the special Rede to permanently Enchant their child and their mate.
      Last edited by Aya Tari; 01-29-2017, 07:00 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't think there is anything in the books covering that, though there is plenty of folklore about creatures, monstruous or not, charming mortals & having... offspring?

        I'd say whatever makes for the best story, which in the end is what the Dreaming does

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
          The Enchanted is already an existent book (though it could have had better rules)
          Uhm, I know. I even had an idea of making aonide kinain actor.

          I agree about maternity, though. It hadn't occured to me. Though, I'm curious, whether half-human chimera will be any different from usual chimera.


          Comment


          • #6
            Well, I think that they would probably be much more powerful than regular chimera because they come from the most potent of Dreams (Dreams of sex and reproduction are fundamental to animal, including human, existence). I would suggest that the mothers would also be transformed by their exposure to the most potent of Dreams. Personally, I would have chimerical parents gain an additional 50 creation points when they reproduce with humans and have any chimerical children being 50 points more powerful than their 'normal' Chimera peers, as well as both gaining the special Rede (I am calling it Human Bonded for now) that would permanently Enchant one human being (free for the first human, the parent or mate, and 5 creation points for each additional human).

            Comment


            • #7
              I'd say, that the act of reproduction & sex are fundamental, but Drams of, not that much

              The system looks interesting though, and the results would have quite different consequences depending on the personality of the Newborn. I mean a newborn, half made of raw dream stuff with no moral and more powerful than it's Chimerical parent... Sounds like the start of a good 80's horror movie!

              Comment


              • #8
                Well, the chimerical parents should gain 50 creation points as well, so beware of chimerical dragons who regularly mate with humans (though I imagine they are incapable of reproducing with any who are not virgins). You could have a 500 creation point chimerical dragon hanging around Central Park, looking for her next virgin mate.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Kendaan View Post
                  The system looks interesting though, and the results would have quite different consequences depending on the personality of the Newborn. I mean a newborn, half made of raw dream stuff with no moral and more powerful than it's Chimerical parent... Sounds like the start of a good 80's horror movie!
                  I like they way you think.

                  Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
                  Well, the chimerical parents should gain 50 creation points as well, so beware of chimerical dragons who regularly mate with humans (though I imagine they are incapable of reproducing with any who are not virgins). You could have a 500 creation point chimerical dragon hanging around Central Park, looking for her next virgin mate.
                  Considering, that when dragons have intercourse, their partners loose their status of virgins and therefore, can't have dragonborn offspring.
                  Last edited by Firkraag; 01-29-2017, 10:05 PM.


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Remember, reproduction does not necessarily require sex in folk lore.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I like the principle of human mothers giving birth to a unique changeling or kinain. And of a chimerical mother giving birth to a unique chimera. I don't feel that the parent in either case should get 50 Chimera Creation points, though. Maybe a Merit that lets them freely interact with their child, but that's it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It is really up to the ST. I think it would be an interesting method of chimerical evolution though, and it would explain the origins of the faerie. Before the legends and myths of the Dreaming, the first faeries were born from the mating of chimera and humans. When the first faeries died, their souls went into the Dreaming instead of the Umbra and, over time, they created the faerie civilization.

                        So, how common would you make the mating of chimera and human? I was thinking that 1% of Changelings and 1% of Kinain could be born in that fashion. They would be born Changelings, their souls connected to the Dreaming from the beginning, so their birthrights and frailties would be interesting. What would you suggest?

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X