No announcement yet.

Changing Banality

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But you can get rid of permanent Banality by spending a year in the Dreaming (Dreams and Nightmares, p. 12).

Comment

Originally posted by Aya Tari View Post
      But you can get rid of permanent Banality by spending a year in the Dreaming (Dreams and Nightmares, p. 12).
      At the cost of your sanity, yes. If you can survive one or more years of Bedlam in Dreaming, then maybe, maybe you can turn into real b^W fae.

Anyway. Not much stops you from overhauling Banality and philosophy of the setting entirely to try new approaches.

Just adding and taking features won't do much. It might rather screw your game. By treating it as Changeling-inspired game, you can go further, than just "fixing" it.

I mean, I thought about it for a bit and I think I don't really buy in the whole concept of Banality. I love the setting, and on a surfice level (Don't go there, it's dangerous. These people they are dangerous.) I can accept Banality, but when I really start to think about it, the whole thing starts to fall apart for me. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. And I don't blame game designers, it's a purely mental concept for a fictional setting - if you look hard enough, you'll find more holes in those, than in cheeses. Though, other games' core concepts feel more relatable, somehow.

But, you either have to accept the concept of Banality or try another explanation and think through all the changes it may cause to your game.

Comment

double-post

Comment

Being able to get rid of banality is ultimately up to ST fiat how easy glamour is, how hard quests are reduce perma banality, whether you go crazy in the dreaming etc. Being able to spend Banality to get something cool out of it is akin to being able to get a free point of humanity AND a Discipline dot! Honestly if you want to make getting rid of banaltiy easier allow the burning of a perma Glamor to reduce one perma Banality. or just a flat xp cost.

Comment

Working...
          X