Arcadia CCG Kiths

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon.Sidhe View Post
    I think the Dragonkin are more like Dragonborn from D&D than a Mokolé from WtA.
    I don't see why give them physical att points, since they have the same 3/2/1 att points on their cards.
    But that's just my opinion... and I don't have all the Arcadia CCG cards to know exactly if they're presented as shapeshifters somewhere...

I don't think that the cards necessarily would depict them as shapeshifters, but then I'm not sure how the other cards for the other kiths stand up to their birthrights, either. I was suggesting the Attribute dots for the dragon form because dragons are traditionally depicted as very powerful, and if the birthright is going to follow the "I take on my legendary form" path, then them being a bit more dangerous physically would make sense. If the birthright was just going to be the ability to add a couple Redes to the character without taking a different form, then I could see leaving the Attributes off.

Currently working on: DtD Night Horrors: Enemy Action
    Projects I've contributed to: C20 Anthology of Dreams ("No Such Thing As Dragons")

Comment

Not shapeshifters. If Dragonkin represent all the dragons, customization may reflect all kinds of dragons. Wyrms, vywerns, sea dragons, chinese loong, etc. Considering different traits - different attributes and redes implied.

So, maybe bit of a stretch to allow chinese dragons within that kith. They're more air/water related, than fire, and probably require different Unleashing, Frailty and Revelry, too.

Maybe worth scrapping original hsien system: because of limiting everything with elements, many awesome youkai were cut out, like Tengu (there is no 'air' element in chinese alchemy, so, no flying kiths)... Constructor sounds much, much better (youkai range from crazy awesome to ax crazy and super weird (and sometimes pervy - like there's special 'peeping on women in bath' youkai))
      Last edited by Firkraag; 02-16-2017, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Firkraag View Post
        Not shapeshifters. If Dragonkin represent all the dragons, customization may reflect all kinds of dragons. Wyrms, vywerns, sea dragons, chinese loong, etc. Considering different traits - different attributes and redes implied.

So, maybe bit of a stretch to allow chinese dragons within that kith. They're more air/water related, than fire, and probably require different Unleashing, Frailty and Revelry, too.
        Though, in terms of the Chinese lunar zodiac, Dragon is associated with Earth.

Maybe worth scrapping original hsien system: because of limiting everything with elements, many awesome youkai were cut out, like Tengu (there is no 'air' element in chinese alchemy, so, no flying kiths)...
        It's not one of the five phases, but it still has an association with one (Wood, I believe). Also, a bunch of youkai got snapped up into the Hengeyokai, such as Tengu and Kitsune, so Changeling was probably working around that at the time that it gave us the shinma.

Constructor sounds much, much better (youkai range from crazy awesome to ax crazy and super weird (and sometimes pervy - like there's special 'peeping on women in bath' youkai))
        For some youkai, it might be better to consider them as Wyrd chimerae who can transform into a human shape.

Comment

Never was into Fera and Henge of the East.

Comment

Originally posted by White Oak Dragon View Post

And six dots to distribute between Physical Attributes. That adds up to the 10 chimera points while minimizing the opportunity for min-maxing.
            That'd do it nicely. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Firkraag View Post
              Never was into Fera and Henge of the East.
              The tendency of beings like the tengu to tell tall falsehoods and mess with people, however, means that others probably still exist. Else, that part-bird and part-human skull that the Strike Force Zero director keeps on his desk wouldn't be possible! (Corax Tengu can't be the donor, since upon death, they would change back into a regular-looking human or large corvid bird, not stay in Crinos, as the breed that would allow that to happen doesn't exist among the werecorvids.)

Comment

Working...
              X